Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Behringer 2600 - uncanny timing

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So...what are you supposed to do? Buy the "regular" Behringer 2600 and a Blue and a Gray? I'm going to run out of rack space.

Grey

the "regular" 2600 has digital reverb while the Blue and Grey have spring reverb. There will also be differences in the componants. Back "in the day" no one had all 3 models. Why should anyone worry about having all three models now? Pick one and be happy with it. :cool:

:nopity:

the "regular" 2600 has digital reverb while the Blue and Grey have spring reverb. There will also be differences in the components.

I wonder exactly what they mean by 'different components?' I thought one of the major points of the BARP in general was that they were going to use components to make it more like the original design of the ARP 2600?

Side note: I am on the preorder list at Sweetwater, my rep has allowed me to be on the lists for both the original and Grey Meanie, and I can decide what to do based on availability.

the "regular" 2600 has digital reverb while the Blue and Grey have spring reverb. There will also be differences in the components.

I wonder exactly what they mean by 'different components?'

Please ask your Sweetwater rep this question and let us all know how he answers. Also, thanks for editing my spelling. :)

:nopity:

The question is already sent in- I'll let you know what he says (but I imagine he doesn't know any more than we do at this point).

My wife is a journalist (a real one!), editing is something that has become second nature to me over the years.... ;)

• 5 months later...
This thing is still selling like crazy. Sweetwater got a batch in. Enough to fill half of their wait list. I'm thinking about getting on the list and maybe getting one by my birthday in October. I want the original color with the orange print because that is the one I remember from the magazines. My rep says it is by far the most popular. The blue and grey actually look better to me. The black with orange looks like a Christmas tree with those multi colored lights. The blue and grey is also supposed to have better effects, thus the $100 increase in price.

This post edited for speling.

My Sweetwater Gear Exchange Page

I have the black/orange and love it- the xmas lights are very useful for learning the synth and finding things quickly, and you can turn them down to subtle if needed. I was on the waitlist for the Grey Meanie, but when mine came up I passed on it because I was so happy with the B/O.

When I was first thinking of these I was very tempted by the upgraded ones for the spring reverb and the sake of it, but as I look further the blue doesn't look right to me and the gray is less nice than the black and also seemingly perpetually out of stock (even moreso than the regular), so I'll probably just end up with a standard (if I decide to get them when they come to the US).

I'm also intrigued by how Thomann has the blue one listed for only $17 more than the black and resultingly ends up coming in cheaper than any US dealer, even after the $50 shipping. I don't understand how they work.