Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

So I made a tune out of Back in Black

I hope it's cool to post this here. It's not go ads on it, although I do reference the lesson video which does. Anyway, I wanted to do a songwriting thing where I show how to use a famous song to make a template to write your own. The full song video for the final product is here:

[video:youtube]

Music With Marky - A YouTube Channel For Guitarists Who Want To Make Better Music

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Great job Mark! I loved the dog too! :thu:

I'm not near the player you are but I do have a theory on writing a song within a song. I have come up with a rhythm which is not found in the original on 3 or more songs that I play and sing. It inspires me to write my own lyrics as opposed to posting my version on YouTube or any other recording venue. Why give it away when I can create something new from something old? No one will recognize that I stole my rhythm and chords as long as I keep it as my little secret and not tell what song I got the idea from... :cool:

Take care, Larryz

Great job Mark! I loved the dog too! :thu:

I'm not near the player you are but I do have a theory on writing a song within a song. I have come up with a rhythm which is not found in the original on 3 or more songs that I play and sing. It inspires me to write my own lyrics as opposed to posting my version on YouTube or any other recording venue. Why give it away when I can create something new from something old? No one will recognize that I stole my rhythm and chords as long as I keep it as my little secret and not tell what song I got the idea from... :cool:

Interesting. As I mentioned in the header to it, I did it all as part of a songwriting lesson. I wanted newer guitar players to realize that, just like learning other people's licks at first, you should learn other people's song structures and work from there.

Thanks for checking it out!

Music With Marky - A YouTube Channel For Guitarists Who Want To Make Better Music

• 6 months later...

Late to this party, ran across it looking for something else and I guess that's what I found... ;):cool::rawk:

Very well done! Say hi to Knuckles for me.

There's a recurring passage that somehow brings "Cortez the Killer" to mind- and it may be partly due to some vague similarity to what Joe Satriani did in a live-performance cover of that song that he played on...

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _