Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Anyone have a Crumar organ module?

I am highly tempted to try the Crumar organ module. Some open box buys have appeared at reasonable prices so I may want to check this out

A main feature that I always look for is percussion volume adjustment. My Legend live 61 has it as a dedicated knob which is huge advantage to me. I am hoping for some updates to the Leslie sim etc since I demoed a Mojo 3 years ago...I went with the Legend instead at that time.

I need a module to add organ to a single keyboard for gigging. Have had HX3...used presets but kind of want to have drawbars instead of presets etc.

If you have the module or know about it please reply. I don't recall seeing discussion on this previously.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not seeing. A Legend module o reverb for $ 695....

A screen is good....mainly I also want the option of different controllers

I love the Key B sound. If you don't have one you may not be familiar with the BC sample...very unique and killer bass...

Curious enough to see what Crumar is up to with this...

Not seeing. A Legend module o reverb for $ 695....

A screen is good....mainly I also want the option of different controllers

I love the Key B sound. If you don't have one you may not be familiar with the BC sample...very unique and killer bass...

Curious enough to see what Crumar is up to with this...

Ha! I swear it was there earlier today. Some KC lurker grabbed. ;)

Yamaha CP88, Casio PX-560

I am amazed there is not much discussion on this....everyone is all over the new Yamaha and Hammond discussions

I really wonder how well Yamaha does CV etc. For so long their organs sucked in the Motif etc.

Anyway...I got an open box Crumar module...full warranty and nice price. I am going to give Crumar another chance...mainly use CV and not Leslie sim that much.

Most Leslie Sims affect percussion in an unpleasant way...my opinion.

BTW the original Numa1had one of the better Leslie Sims as far as percussion not bring affected. Numa 1 was bashed all over this forum. I am getting mine serviced . But I still want a module.

Anyway modules don't seem to be popular but they are with me

BTW the original Numa1had one of the better Leslie Sims as far as percussion not bring affected. Numa 1 was bashed all over this forum.

I liked the Numa 1 a lot, but wasn't as impressed with the rotary as some other people were (though I never evaluated from the perspective of percussion). OTOH, I thought the Leslie in the Numa 2 was outstanding, I liked it even more than the Vent. Though the overdrive and especially the leakage were not as good as they were in the Numa 1 (and neither had OD as good as the Vent's). It seems you can never get everything!

Maybe this is the best place for a shameless plug! Our now not-so-new new video at https://youtu.be/3ZRC3b4p4EI is a 40 minute adaptation of T. S. Eliot's "Prufrock" - check it out! And hopefully I'll have something new here this year. ;-)

If you like the Legend a lot, they also make an expander module. I"ve seen it for $695 on Reverb (plus shipping).

https://www.viscountinstruments.com/instrument/legend-exp/

Worth A/B ing it with the Crumar desktop. For sound and features.

An exclusive feature of the Viscount legend organs is the ext. FX insert loop.

Buying a NEO Instruments "Drive In" will improve the Legend´s overdrive.

Unfortunately, the Viscount Legend organ expander lacks the FX insert !

:)

A.C.

Yes, that was my disappointment with the Legend EXP. I didn't like the overdrive, and there was no insert to address that, leaving the only option for that kind of quality to be bypassing their Leslie entirely and using a Vent.

An FX loop just for the organ signal on the new SK Pro would have been sweet. But we'll see, I haven't totally written off its internal OD yet. ;-)

Maybe this is the best place for a shameless plug! Our now not-so-new new video at https://youtu.be/3ZRC3b4p4EI is a 40 minute adaptation of T. S. Eliot's "Prufrock" - check it out! And hopefully I'll have something new here this year. ;-)

Is an effects loop necessary? Can't you just run an input through something like an overdrive pedal and just turn it on and off like guitar players do?

I am probably not looking for internal overdrive to be all that great on a clonewheel. Like I said above Leslie sims tend to alter percussion too much.

Most of the time I use straight CV...which is why that has been important to me.

Let's see what a Crumar module can do.By this time they should have most things covered.

Is an effects loop necessary? Can't you just run an input through something like an overdrive pedal and just turn it on and off like guitar players do?

It's better to have the overdrive before the rotary effect rather than after. It's more authentic, and if you do it in the reverse order, the overdriven effect itself (which varies with input level) can pulse with the level changes induced by the the rotary effect.

Yes, that was my disappointment with the Legend EXP. I didn't like the overdrive, and there was no insert to address that, leaving the only option for that kind of quality to be bypassing their Leslie entirely and using a Vent.

My solution would be buying a Viscount Legend "Solo" and the NEO Instruments "Drive In".

It´s the cheapest option for a clone w/ (mono !) FX-insert loop, better overdrive and leaving the option to add more insert FX like wah-pedal, ringmodulator, phasor etc..

ALL the expander modules, HX3 included, are limited in that regard and most keyboard instrument organ clones too, except they already come w/ a set of dedicated quality insert FX you can freely put into any sequential order (ideally per preset).

An FX loop just for the organ signal on the new SK Pro would have been sweet. But we'll see, I haven't totally written off its internal OD yet. ;-)

Yes, in one of the vids it sounded o.k., even not perfect or ideal.

The user selectable x-over frequency in it´s OD algorithm tames digital harshness, like in KURZ KB3 leslie FX chains,- but then, all depends on the more or less realistic tube modelling algorithm itself.

The SK Pro is a nice toy, but EUR 2.500,- and 2.700,- @Thomann for the 61- and 73-key versions is a lot, when you already have a lot of keyboards, modules, software and just only want the organ in 1st place.

For EUR 2.700,- you get the fully fledged dual manual Viscount Legend and the NEO "Drive In".

:)

A.C.

ALL the expander modules, HX3 included, are limited in that regard and most keyboard instrument organ clones too

Yes, I realize that. The only reason I found the feature's absence disappointing in the Legend EXP is because I knew they had it in their keyboard version. I wouldn't have even thought to expect/hope for it, otherwise! ;-)

I'm going to move the rest to the "Hammond Teaser" thread so as not to totally derail the conversation here. ;-)

That's OK about the discussion on the effects loop.You gave me some good info because I do have the Legend keyboard. Hope fully there are options regarding using overdrive and this is not limited to just the Drive In unit.

So..the Crumar module I ordered arrives Wednesday or Thursday. A big part of why I am getting it is to use with a variety of controllers. My main use is a jazz CV sound and Leslie sim/overdrive is secondary based bon the fact that percussion is generally too much affected by Leslie sim activity.

I would like to see percussion separate from the sim but that probably isn't going to happen.

Am I the only one on here that will have this module? That would be odd based on how popular the Mojo has been.