Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Kurzweil K2700

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Eh...what? Where would this fit in their lineup anyways right now? They have a stage piano (SP6), midrange workstation (PC4), and flagship (Forte). Unless this is replacing the Forte...which could be awesome! :2thu: Probably will be one heck of a price tag though.

001.PNG

Yamaha: Motif XF8, MODX7, YS200, CVP-305, CLP-130, YPG-235, PSR-295, PSS-470 | Roland: Fantom 7, JV-1000

Kurzweil: PC3-76, PC4 (88) | Hammond: SK Pro 73 | Korg: Triton LE 76, N1R, X5DR | Emu: Proteus/1 | Casio: CT-370 | Novation: Launchkey 37 MK3 | Technics: WSA1R

Former: Emu Proformance Plus & Mo'Phatt, Korg Krome 61, Roland Fantom XR & JV-1010, Yamaha MX61, Behringer CAT

Assorted electric & acoustic guitars and electric basses | Roland TD-17 KVX | Alesis SamplePad Pro | Assorted organs, accordions, other instruments

Yo, I think it's real! This link is password protected so I can't look at it, but...https://kurzweil.com/k2700/

Yamaha: Motif XF8, MODX7, YS200, CVP-305, CLP-130, YPG-235, PSR-295, PSS-470 | Roland: Fantom 7, JV-1000

Kurzweil: PC3-76, PC4 (88) | Hammond: SK Pro 73 | Korg: Triton LE 76, N1R, X5DR | Emu: Proteus/1 | Casio: CT-370 | Novation: Launchkey 37 MK3 | Technics: WSA1R

Former: Emu Proformance Plus & Mo'Phatt, Korg Krome 61, Roland Fantom XR & JV-1010, Yamaha MX61, Behringer CAT

Assorted electric & acoustic guitars and electric basses | Roland TD-17 KVX | Alesis SamplePad Pro | Assorted organs, accordions, other instruments

I'm very curious as to what the two knobs or joysticks are in between the mod assembly and the faders.

You know what, I'm just going to say it and hope for the best - this is the Forte replacement.

The Forte has suddenly disappeared from a bunch of online retailers on Google. Some retailer sites say they require special delivery time etc. Just a possibility.

Not liking the pitch/mod placement. I just find it clunky on boards. Yes, it saves space, but I find the poor ergonomics outweigh that. :/ I use the mod wheel a lot for filter sweeps and such while playing notes with my left hand (usually I stretch a pinky over), but that only works well with the wheels to the left of the keys.

Edit: this placement is particularly bad. Looks like it will be too far up to even reach without taking my hands off the keys. Come on.

Hmm. I"m intrigued.

I would have thought the Forte brand had a much longer lifespan. It will be interesting to see what this becomes (though I"m willing to bet it shares many samples and architecture with Forte and PC4 despite the name).

If they make a 61-key or tabletop I might be interested. I don"t have space or desire for another weighted board.

Todd

Sundown

Working on: The Jupiter Bluff; Driven Away

Main axes: Kawai MP11 and Kurz PC361

DAW Platform: Cubase

Rats -- on FB I had just bet that it was fake. It just feels like a K2xxx is a step backwards, especially with the Forte having just gotten FM.

OTOH, that integrated ribbon would be a wowza!

Gonna be interesting to see what it offers beyond Forte and PC4 if it's real.

-Tom Williams

{First Name} {at} AirNetworking {dot} com

PC4-7, PX-5S, AX-Edge, PC361

Saw that! Fantastic. I'm curious to hear what the non-obvious (sampler, integrated ribbon) improvements are. Maybe faster envelopes? Easier editing? More FX units? Additional sound selections? Maybe some advanced controller features? USB Audio interface? Can't wait.

How about some better guitars? Even the Kore64 ones focused on processed and distorted guitars mostly.

The most important IMO: electric bass sounds. Get that right with some better guitars and I might be saving up for one of these. I depend on good bass patches for small groups because bass players are in short supply in my region.

kurzweil-k2700.png

kurzweil-k2700-1.png

kurzweil-k2700-3.png

kurzweil-k2700-4.png

kurzweil-k2700-2.png

Man, I'm getting tempted to sign up for NAMM. IIRC it's more open this year.

Phantom power, HiZ, and combo jacks for the audio inputs (awesome).

I know the Forte got rid of Quick Access mode...wondering what's in place for this model as I'm not seeing much. Program, Multi, Song, and Global seem to be the menu controls.

This is shaping up to be a great Namm in terms of interesting new releases. Just need some gigs...

Right? All of these boards coming out of left field! The Forte 7 is/was one of my dream bottom boards. What are the chances of a weighted 7 version of this coming out?

Hammond SKX

Mainstage 3

Any info on the keyboard action? Kurzweil have switched to Medeli for their most recent updates. It has the benefit of being lighter and more cost effective than the Fatar TP40.

The buttons look similar to those on the PC4, so I wonder if they will have gone for a Medeli keyboard.

Personally, I hope it is Fatar TP40 (not TP100!) Either way, I predict they will have the weight under 20kg.

Kurzweil PC3x

Technics SX-P50

Korg X3

We have literally zero specs for now. I just signed up for NAMM online. Not sure how much I can attend since I"m a college student with a packed semester, but I"ll let you all know if I catch anything.

I know the Forte got rid of Quick Access mode...wondering what's in place for this model as I'm not seeing much. Program, Multi, Song, and Global seem to be the menu controls.

The PC4 has Quick Access mode. It is integrated into the program/multi-modes via a soft button. The interface on this K2700 looks very similar to the PC4.

Currently: Kurzweil PC4, PC3X & K2000.

Novation Mininova. Roland FA-06.

IK Multimedia SampleTank 4 & Syntronik.

Previously: Korg Trinity Plus. Roland XP-80. Yamaha EX-5.

....Wish list, a little too late: Multiple KB3 channels....

One C/V button for on/off, so unless the button has dual functionality it suggests to me that there is still only one KB3 channel. I hope they at least fix the organ and leslie issues that currently are underperforming.

57 Hammond B3; 69 Hammond L100P; 68 Leslie 122; Kurzweil Forte7 & PC3; M-Audio Code 61; Voce V5+; Neo Vent; EV ELX112P; GSI Gemini & Burn

Delaware Dave

Exit93band

⢠FlashPlay technology utilizing 4.5GB of instrument Samples including:

⢠Optimized Unlooped German D and Japanese C7 Pianos, Triple Strike Piano, Classic Tine (73

& 77) and Reed Electric Pianos, Clavinets, Harpsichords, Celeste, Bells, Glockenspiel, Chimes,

Bowed and Hit Crotales, Vector Synthesis Waveforms

⢠Updated Rock, Synth and Orchestral sounds from Kurzweil"s SP6, PC3/4, and KORE64

⢠13 Categories of Programs (Piano, E. Piano, Clav, Organ, Strings, Pad, Synth, Brass/Wind,

Ensemble, Hybrid, Guitar/Bass, Drum/Perc, Misc)

⢠3.5GB of user Sample memory for loading audio Samples from WAV, AIF, and Kurzweil files

⢠KB3 ToneReal TM organ simulations with 9 sliders as drawbars

⢠FM: Classic 6 operator FM synthesis

⢠KSR: Kurzweil String Resonance (piano string resonance simulation)

⢠Half-Damper pedal support (for piano 'half pedaling' sustain techniques)

⢠Kurzweil"s highly acclaimed VAST Synthesis and FX engine

⢠More than 1500 Factory Programs divided into 13 Categories

⢠More than 700 Factory Multis

⢠More than 4000 User IDs to save your own Programs and Multis

⢠Audio input jacks with FX (stereo pair accepting line/instrument/mic from 1/4' & XLR cables)

⢠Audio over USB (stereo in/out)

⢠256 voices of polyphony

⢠16 Zone MIDI controller in Multi Mode for Splits and Layers

⢠16 MIDI Tracks in Song Mode

⢠Arpeggiator with dedicated front panel controls (up to 16 simultaneous in Multi Mode)

⢠CC Sequencer with dedicated front panel control (up to 16 simultaneous in Multi Mode)

⢠9 assignable sliders

⢠9 assignable knobs

⢠10 assignable buttons

⢠16 assignable velocity sensitive pads

⢠Pitch Wheel and assignable Modulation Wheel

⢠Tap tempo button and tempo knob

⢠2 Transpose buttons

⢠Monopressure (Aftertouch)

⢠Assignable ribbon controller

⢠2 assignable switch pedal jacks (supports up to 4 switch pedals with 2 pedals per jack)

⢠2 assignable CC pedal jacks

Fatar TP/40L with pressure. 88-key, fully-weighted hammer-action with velocity and pressure (After Touch) sensitive adjustable keys.

480 x 272 pixel high resolution color LCD with adjustable brightness 256 voice polyphony, dynamically allocated

16 parts (one per MIDI channel)

5.5' (13.97 cm)

15.5' (39.37 cm)

51' (129.54 cm)

52 lb (23.58 kg) Internal power supply

Yamaha CP88, Casio PX-560