Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

You guys like a challenge?

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I grabbed the picture and massaged it in Gimp, lessee if this helps. Some kind of table-based stand with a second tier. The metal might be red; tough to tell.

http://www.airnetworking.com/Pictures/Stand.jpg

-Tom Williams

{First Name} {at} AirNetworking {dot} com

PC4-7, PX-5S, AX-Edge, PC361

It looks like a custom job by someone with good metalworking skills, or knowledge of newer materials. I built a perfect wooden stand for my old 01W by measuring >>15x<< and THEN cutting. Its doable. I agree with vonnor. The table aspect is a new one on me, but it makes perfect sense. Its more stable, good for holding the top instrument solidly and may have room on the sides for useful bits & pieces. If its a new commercial item, I'd like to see the specs.

"I like that rapper with the bullet in his nose!"
 "Yeah, Bulletnose! One sneeze and the whole place goes up!"
       ~ "King of the Hill"

Good find. I'm not surprised... I suspect you'd be hard pressed to find anything on a Yamaha stage photo that was not manufactured by Yamaha. The guy's probably wearing a Yamaha branded shirt.

There are similar stands from other companies, like the K&M 18953 with the 18952 Stacker. Actually, a number of companies make similar basic stands, but fewer make a second tier option for them, last I checked into these things. But Yamaha's second tier has a significantly different look.

Maybe this is the best place for a shameless plug! Our now not-so-new new video at https://youtu.be/3ZRC3b4p4EI is a 40 minute adaptation of T. S. Eliot's "Prufrock" - check it out! And hopefully I'll have something new here this year. ;-)