Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

I just booked my first gig since COVID closed us down.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's in February 2022.

Better than no gigs at all. The 2021/2022 winter season already is better than the 2020/2021 season by 1 gig.

It's a 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000% improvement! Way to go!!

I'm also holding deposits for about a dozen gigs that were cancelled this year. And I don't take deposits from those who I have been doing business with for years and years. For those who gave me a deposit, I gave them the choice of either getting their deposit back, or holding it for a future date. Nobody asked for their deposit back.

I don't want to wish 2021 away, but I'm definitely looking forward to next winter and the tourist season.

Notes

Bob "Notes" Norton

Owner, Norton Music http://www.nortonmusic.com

Style and Fake disks for Band-in-a-Box

The Sophisticats http://www.s-cats.com >^. .^< >^. .^<

My wife is back at it booking gigs, she's got us into a nice winery we haven't played yet not far away for Feb 20th. We had to cancel our last gig in Nov 2020 due to covid and it was a shame because it was outdoors and the weather was great that night.

I would have actually preferred to wait until the work on our house was done. We're nearing the finish point but there is painting, carpeting and electrical work yet to be done so it still causes chaos with things all moved around and in disarray.

Not exactly a gig unless I can find someone to pay me for show write-ups or product reviews, but I just booked my hotel reservation for the NAB/AES show in Las Vegas in October 2021.

I'm being an optimist here: That by then I'll be OK, that travel will be OK, and that the shows won't be cancelled. Lowest room rate I've had there in years, so I guess they haven't discovered the show dates yet.