Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

2021 NAMM Believe in Music Week Discussion

As most of you know, the 2021 NAMM Believe in Music Week will begin Monday January 18th online, and run through Friday the 22nd. Unlike previous years, there will be no physical Winter NAMM show due to the COVID-19 pandemic.

It's anyone's guess as to how many new announcements and releases will be timed to coincide with this event, but NAMM has assembled a sizable list of manufacturers who are partnering with them.

Feel free to discuss NAMM announced gear, events, and performances in this thread.

Best,

Geoff

My Blue Someday appears on Apple Music | Spotify | YouTube | Amazon

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just signed up as well. Would also be fun to participate in an ongoing virtual KC hang during that time :)

'Someday, we'll look back on these days and laugh; likely a maniacal laugh from our padded cells, but a laugh nonetheless' - Mr. Boffo.

We need a barfing cat emoticon!

I really hope you all check out the MIDI Innovation Awards, and vote for your favorite. Unlike most awards, it's very much a grassroots kind of thing; it's designed to put the spotlight on mad scientists and makers who are doing cool stuff. I was offered a chance to be one of the judges, and I jumped at the opportunity.

There were 78 entries, so there were plenty to choose from for the Top 10. I'll be there for the livestream event on the 21st.

Also the MIDI Association is showing four videos on MIDI 2.0, with chat for questions and discussions - I'll post dates and times here when I know them. (In addition, I'll be doing a TEC Tracks presentation on amp sims, although it's about how I use them with guitar, not keyboards or drums.)

As most of you know, the 2021 NAMM Believe in Music Week will begin Thursday, January 18th online, and run through Friday, the 22nd. Unlike previous years, there will be no physical Winter NAMM show due to the COVID-19 pandemic.

It's anyone's guess as to how many new announcements and releases will be timed to coincide with this event, but NAMM has assembled a sizable list of manufacturers who are partnering with them.

Feel free to discuss NAMM announced gear, events, and performances in this thread.

Best,

Geoff

18th is a Monday :) at least it is down here ;)

There is no luck - luck is simply the confluence of circumstance and co-incidence...

Time is the final arbiter for all things

As most of you know, the 2021 NAMM Believe in Music Week will begin Thursday, January 18th online, and run through Friday, the 22nd. Unlike previous years, there will be no physical Winter NAMM show due to the COVID-19 pandemic.

Best,

Geoff

18th is a Monday :) at least it is down here ;)

Ha! That's what I get for using last year's thread as a template for this year's. :facepalm:

Oh well, it's too late to change that now. Maybe a moderator has the power to correct my mistake?

Yes, the 18th is correct; and the start day should read Monday, not Thursday. Thanks for the catch, miden. :thu:

Best,

Geoff

My Blue Someday appears on Apple Music | Spotify | YouTube | Amazon