Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

IK Multimedia Uno Synth Pro

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So what is it? :-)

I remember being vaguely interested in the original, and wondering: "if only they did this and that...", so maybe they did "this and that"?

UPDATE: Nevermind; GS has a post that has pictures and data, and it doesn't exactly look like a game-changer.

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35, D'angelico SS Bari, EXL1,

Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, LP 57, Eastman T486, T64, Ibanez PM2, Hammond XK4, Moog Voyager

The dude in the video was 'playing' the knobs, never touched the keys.

How "exciting". :facepalm:

Try the IK site. Some decent playing on the *second* video on this page:

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/unosynthpro/

Also, the audio examples sound good to my ears. (if you can find the "Play" button, which is a bit hidden in the middle of the page)

Also, I had a quick look at the specs and prices.

Three oscillators with continuously variable waveforms and pwm. Hard, sync, fm, ring mod. Dual (different) filters with series, parallel and phase flip, with several modes. Three effects stages.

64-step sequencer, arpeggiator, paraphony... balanced outs, cv/gate in/outs programmable in the sequencer, DIN midi.... high quality Fatar keyboard with AT... Not many knobs, unfortunately.

793 Euro including VAT for the 'big' version - not cheap, but doesn't sound totally unreasonable to me, considering it's analog. Unless you take into account the "Behringer effect"...

Regardless, it was time that something decent in the realm of analog synthesis would come out of Italy. The only other important company at the moment is GRP.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Sounds nice ðð»

However it"s perplexing to me why they use potentiometers and not encoders with that type of interface where you reuse the four knobs for every possible function. It would be a very awkward experience unless I"m missing something.

it"s perplexing to me why they use potentiometers and not encoders with that type of interface where you reuse the four knobs for every possible function. It would be a very awkward experience unless I"m missing something.

I didn't realize they were pots, are you sure?

BIG mistake.

Nice little synth, but what's that stand that lets you put it on top of a keyboard with a curved top?

I have owned 3 different styles of Ken Rich straddlers. This one looks to me like the ones sold for a Wurlitzer 200.

:nopity:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...