Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

You want cheap pedals?

A FB buddy shared this news the other day: Seems Sweetwater and Behringer have entered into some sort of partnership/exclusive arrangement? where Sweetwater is offering ridiculous prices on a lot of Behringer gear.

A lot of the pedals are on backorder, but if you're looking for some cheap, fun toys, here you go - Behringer Pedals @Sweetwater

I'm thinking about the Super Fuzz (Boss Hyper Fuzz clone) and the Ultra Vibrato (Boss VB-2 clone). For $40, I might just take a chance.

Side note: There are sale prices on other Behringer gear, as well, including Mixers and some of the RI/clone Synthesizers.

"Monsters are real, and Ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes, they win." Stephen King

http://www.novparolo.com

https://thewinstonpsmithproject.bandcamp.com

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not a big fan of Behringer equipment but making a lot their pedals available for around $20 bucks each, is a great idea for our young budding guitar players. Some of our older players may also coax some great guitar sounds out of them as well. I kind of wish MF would have taken them in instead of SW, as MF has a better return policy if there are any issues with the cheaper pedals. :cool:
Take care, Larryz

I needed a pitch shifter for just one song. I got the Behringer pirated version of the Boss PS-5. It worked okay. Pitch and modulation pedals are a necessary evil sometimes. I have pretty pedestrian taste in effects. ð

"It doesn't have to be difficult to be cool" - Mitch Towne

"A great musician can bring tears to your eyes!!!

So can a auto Mechanic." - Stokes Hunt

I'm not a big fan of Behringer equipment but making a lot their pedals available for around $20 bucks each, is a great idea for our young budding guitar players. Some of our older players may also coax some great guitar sounds out of them as well. I kind of wish MF would have taken them in instead of SW, as MF has a better return policy if their are any issues with the cheaper pedals. :cool:

Agreed on all points, although I might suggest that it's hardly worth the shipping cost to return a $20 pedal? Some online retailers, including Amazon, have been giving refunds on defective merchandise, and telling customers not to bother to return the items. Too much hassle, too much handling & re-stocking for an item that probably can't be re-sold.

While these probably aren't road-worthy, for around $100 someone could assemble a decent effects chain with them, and get the experience of using individual pedals, instead of one really cheap MFX box.

"Monsters are real, and Ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes, they win." Stephen King

http://www.novparolo.com

https://thewinstonpsmithproject.bandcamp.com

WPS, I noticed Zzounds is also advertising heavily on Behringer equipment. I haven't ordered from MF for awhile so I can't really say what's up today. But, in the past if I received a defective product and called for a return authorization, MF would email me a shipping label and credit my card. So if I got a cheap pedal that had issues (i.e., like buzz, switching, loose jacks, knobs, etc.), I would feel more comfortable about returning it via MF. SW has always been good to me as well with return issues (which I seldom have). +1 about 4 or 5 pedals should do the trick at about $100 bucks +/-., and probably be better than a cheap MFX box.

I order a lot of stuff on Amazon and finally had to return a product just last week. I requested a return authorization on-line and they emailed me one within seconds. I took the box to my nearest UPS store which was ID'ed on the authorization. They printed out a tracking number and shipped the box for free within seconds. By the time I got home (about a 10 minute drive)...I received an email from Amazon that my return was accepted and my card had been credited. :cool:

Take care, Larryz

I will probably get a few of these soon. A noise reducer would be nice, since I have this crazy idea that when your guitar is plugged in to your amp, but you're not touching the strings, no sound should be coming out of your amp. Maybe a noise reducer pedal will fix that; only one way to find out for sure. I have never used a graphic equalizer pedal before, but for only $19, might as well get one and see if I like it. I was looking for a compressor limiter, and I was originally going to get one that cost about ten times as much as the Behringer pedal. So it's worth it to shell out $19 to see if the compressor limiter actually does what I hope it will do. That's $57 for three pedals, whereas $57 won't even get you one mediocre pedal made by another company. And I can always buy a better pedal later if I like what these do.
I rock; therefore, I am.

All plastic. Feel very cheap. It was on my big board. Never had any problems with mine but it was on a loop switcher so never stomped on it.

I will probably get a few of these soon. A noise reducer would be nice, since I have this crazy idea that when your guitar is plugged in to your amp, but you're not touching the strings, no sound should be coming out of your amp. Maybe a noise reducer pedal will fix that; only one way to find out for sure. I have never used a graphic equalizer pedal before, but for only $19, might as well get one and see if I like it. I was looking for a compressor limiter, and I was originally going to get one that cost about ten times as much as the Behringer pedal. So it's worth it to shell out $19 to see if the compressor limiter actually does what I hope it will do. That's $57 for three pedals, whereas $57 won't even get you one mediocre pedal made by another company. And I can always buy a better pedal later if I like what these do.

It's not why I started using EMG pickups but it is a side benefit. Back in the late 80's I was a tech for a music shop that sold EMGs and I did installs. I noted that they do not require a string ground.

For me, this meant never getting shocked again by crappy wiring in lowlife bars and clubs. And it worked, I never did get shocked again.

Once you've blown your face off and everybody has seen your skeleton, you are kinda over that possibility.

It took me a while to learn that you should ignore the installation instructions (I think they've changed them now) and lower the pickups down a bit so they aren't close to the strings. Then they sound really good, up close to the strings they don't sound good at all. No noise pedal needed, no hum whether I touch the strings or not. I like quiet, quiet is good. Makes effects sound better too and a pedal board won't suck all the tone out of your pickup unless it does, which usually means that at least one of your pedals really sucks.

I have 4 pedals, 3 of them get used on the tabletop in the studio. They are not in a pedal board. Once in a while I take the TC Electronics Flashback X4 out for a gig because I like a tap tempo footswitch for delay and one of my amps does not have one. I've got two flavors of chorus and a delay programmed so it's sort of a pedalboard by itself. Add a channel switch for the amp and it's all I'll ever want.

It took a chunk of my life to get here and I am still not sure where "here" is.

• 3 weeks later...
Probably the same or heavily based on the old Danelectro Cool Cat chorus circuit. That is a nice sounding chorus.