Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

NAMM Show 2021

The NAMM Show is next week. January 18-22, 2021. Of course, it is virtual. It is also open to anyone at no charge.

If you cannot normally attend NAMM, this is a pretty good chance, even if being virtual won't be the same experience.

https://attend.believeinmusic.tv/

hK9M6lC.png

https://attend.believeinmusic.tv/

Mike Kent

- Chairman of MIDI 2.0 Working Group

- MIDI Association Executive Board

- Co-Author of USB Device Class Definition for MIDI Devices 1.0 and 2.0

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What's been amazing is virtual NAMM is only a week away and pretty much no leaks or early releases. Roland released some home digital console pianos and their DIY beat maker but nothing else. I haven't seen any drastic price drops on gear that would mean new version coming. Have a feeling the trend this year is going to target the DIY crowd since that market is booming during the lockdown. I doubt there will be much new in gig worthy gear maybe some update, but don't think we'll see upgrades or new replacements the market is too soft.

Hammond

:wave:

What's been amazing is virtual NAMM is only a week away and pretty much no leaks or early releases. Roland released some home digital console pianos and their DIY beat maker but nothing else. I haven't seen any drastic price drops on gear that would mean new version coming. Have a feeling the trend this year is going to target the DIY crowd since that market is booming during the lockdown. I doubt there will be much new in gig worthy gear maybe some update, but don't think we'll see upgrades or new replacements the market is too soft.

By DIY do you mean like the old Paia build it yourself synth kits?

I thought the Korg MS-20 kits were cool.

Oh and nice of Moog to reissue the Werkstatt DIY kits.

What is the Roland DIY kit you're talking about? Like a DIY System 100 module?

CES (Consumer Electronics Show) was this week; did Roland have that as their target for their announcements?

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35, D'angelico SS Bari, EXL1,

Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, LP 57, Eastman T486, T64, Ibanez PM2, Hammond XK4, Moog Voyager

I kind of wonder where the money is, hosting such an event costs money, like Internet traffic, web materials andvideo storage, server time, design work, possibly support for attendees. On the other hand, renting a booth at such event as Namm (or the Frankfurter Messe, as I've looked into once) and all the doings around it cost serious amount of money, which is now saved so possibly could go to web presence instead.

I was looking at some specific things on the Amazon cloud conference, where the efforts for their servers and networks and storage devices concerning thus conference can be interpreted as directly connected with promoting their business, and possibly feed some universal interest, like an academic conference, but a musical instrument trade show on the web, dunno, can demo a machine remotely,? Applaude, boo, force my louder PA over poor neighboring stands, over some zoom app?

T.V. (my actual shortened initials)