Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

I have Developed better posture

For the first time in my entire life. I have started to develop better posture. Mainly because i have been exercising more, due too being laid off. So, this morning when i sat down on my piano bench, i was not slouching! Whether I was at my Roland D-20, or my Casio Piano. This year is starting out well for me.

Of course pushing my self to excessive more helps. I just need to translate that to my piano and keyboards.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good on ya, Paul!

I exercise all the time but my posture is mediocre at best. I'm probably not doing the right exercises, but I've been looking into it.

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

I have a manual treadmill (not motorized) that I use. When I, first started too use it, I was hunched over, but over time I was able to walk upright. Going for a walk, doing sit ups, and push ups has helped too. Plus using the stairs in my building too work out. Changing my diet helped as well. I don"t go crazy with my work out, since I"m pushing 50. On the 19th of this month.

Happy birthday, in case I forget. :)

I'm a little older than you (birthday is on the 30th), and I have been pushing myself. I do half marathons (13.1 miles) pretty regularly now, about once a month. I hope to do that until I drop dead! :D While I would almost like the idea of doing a full marathon or even more, I just don't think I'm interested in spending more than about 2.5 hours of my day running, which is about how long 13.1 miles takes me. Otherwise I might do those. I just have other interests as well as running.

My wife thinks the running I do is crazy though. That's why I mentioned it. :roll:

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

I've become concerned about staring/looking down at my left hand playing guitar 6+hours a day for 35 years. I occasionally have the randomly occurring neck pain, and try to open plugin windows on the monitor to the right of my main monitor, to try to give my cervical vertebra .. a break... uhg, from looking the other way constantly.

Guitar Lessons in Augusta Georgia: www.chipmcdonald.com

Eccentric blog: https://chipmcdonaldblog.blogspot.com/

/ "big ass windbag" - Bruce Swedien