Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Hammond Teaser ???

M_G

The new SK Pro - might get more info later today?

It's got a Mono Synth... it's 2021 so does that mean it might be analogue? Can't see any drawbars but could be left of the keyboard. Organ+Piano+Mono Synth combo ... hmm reminds me a little of the Roland VR series. Now a revamp of the VR-09/730 would be nice for 2021.

Nord Stage 3 competitor???

Yamaha C2, Yamaha MODX7, Hammond SK1, Hammond XK-5 Heritage Pro System, Korg Kronos 2 61, Yamaha CP4, Kurzweil PC4-7, Nord Stage 3 73, Nord Wave 2, QSC 8.2, Motion Sound KP 210S,  Key Largo, etc…yeah I have too much…

Looks like an SK1 with a bigger screen and a mono synth that does a credible impersonation of R2-D2. The drawbars will be off to the top left just out of camera shot, hopefully along with pitch and mod wheels. I'd love for them to have nailed the Hammond+VA that would make a perfect board to put over a slab piano, but that's a pretty wacked out demo. Just play me a sawtooth lead already.

Gig keys: Hammond SKpro, Korg Vox Continental, Crumar Mojo 61, Crumar Mojo Pedals

Interesting! Mono synth section there on the right, a raised screen in the middle, lots of knobs and buttons...

Hammond-Synth.jpg

Maybe this is the best place for a shameless plug! Our now not-so-new new video at https://youtu.be/3ZRC3b4p4EI is a 40 minute adaptation of T. S. Eliot's "Prufrock" - check it out! And hopefully I'll have something new here this year. ;-)

Is there already a product called the SK Pro? Some guy on YouTube (yeah, yeah...) said there was a Vimeo upload from Hammond with 'SK pro' on it, and there is an SK pro link on the product part of the Hammond website that gives you a 'page not found' result. Well, one of them does - theres two of them there, and the other 'SK pro' link takes you to the SKX page.

Hammond SKX

Mainstage 3

The mono synth is something they clearly want us to focus on. If it is actually called the SK Pro then the organ, piano and sample stuff is expected to be in there. The release of the B-3X app for both desktop and iPad by IK Multimedia demonstrated that Hammond/Suzuki is working with IK.

This is a long shot but what if this organ is based on the b-3X engine and the synth is the Uno also from Ik Multimedia which is a 2 oscillator fully analog mono synth (designed and made in Italy BTW). I'll go a step further and suggest the sample engine will be based on SampleTank.

So Hammond/Suzuki do the hardware bits and leave it up to IK Multimedia to sort the software and the mono synth.

Recap:

Organ engine - B-3X

Sample engine - Sampletank

Mono Synth - Uno

Effects - IK based

Uno Synth - > https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/unosynth/?pkey=unosynth

The mono synth is something they clearly want us to focus on. If it is actually called the SK Pro then the organ, piano and sample stuff is expected to be in there. The release of the B-3X app for both desktop and iPad by IK Multimedia demonstrated that Hammond/Suzuki is working with IK.

This is a long shot but what if this organ is based on the b-3X engine and the synth is the Uno also from Ik Multimedia which is a 2 oscillator fully analog mono synth (designed and made in Italy BTW). I'll go a step further and suggest the sample engine will be based on SampleTank.

So Hammond/Suzuki do the hardware bits and leave it up to IK Multimedia to sort the software and the mono synth.

Recap:

Organ engine - B-3X

Sample engine - Sampletank

Mono Synth - Uno

Effects - IK based

Uno Synth - > https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/unosynth/?pkey=unosynth

Now THAT would be a good mix! ST sounds are pretty good imo!

There is no luck - luck is simply the confluence of circumstance and co-incidence...

Time is the final arbiter for all things

That would be seriously great. Integrated B3X would be a huge attraction for me. Don't know much about sampletank pianos, but they must be a leap beyond what's in the current SK series.

A synth would be nice, but from my personal perspective, they have to get the main course right before I'm going to think about desert.

Gigging: Crumar Mojo 61, Hammond SKPro

Home: Vintage Vibe 64

Huge screen, whatever it is! Sounds like a Steiner filter on a synth trying to be some sort of Moog clone.

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35, D'angelico SS Bari, EXL1,

Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, LP 57, Eastman T486, T64, Ibanez PM2, Hammond XK4, Moog Voyager

Organ+monosynth is a nice upstairs board to stack above a weighted ROMpler/stage piano

and right now, at least if you're talking about a monosynth that has dedicated front panel controls, Nord pretty much has that niche to itself, with the Nord Stage 3.

Maybe this is the best place for a shameless plug! Our now not-so-new new video at https://youtu.be/3ZRC3b4p4EI is a 40 minute adaptation of T. S. Eliot's "Prufrock" - check it out! And hopefully I'll have something new here this year. ;-)

Hammond stands for organ. A multi keyboard from Kurzweil, Yamaha, Roland, etc. ist a better choice.

I am still waiting for a SKY: SKX with the generator of the XK5.

Hammond B3, Leslie 122RV, Viscount Legend JDF, Viscount Legend Live, Viscount Legend Solo, Prophet 6, Moog Little Phatty, Moog Minitaur, Kurzweil SP6, Grand Piano, Hohner Accordeon, etc.

Ooh, Martian farts at a Hammond price point. How have I survived without this for so many years?

Besides which, I'm still waiting for Uli to clone a Novachord, complete with those wonderful tab buttons.

-Tom Williams

{First Name} {at} AirNetworking {dot} com

PC4-7, PX-5S, AX-Edge, PC361

Hammond stands for organ. A multi keyboard from Kurzweil, Yamaha, Roland, etc. ist a better choice.

I am still waiting for a SKY: SKX with the generator of the XK5.

Other than 2 sets of drawbars vs. 4 sets of drawbars why would Hammond put XK5 technology into an SKX? As I recall this group ripped Hammond for the XK3c not having an authentic layout which I thought they did. When I asked why the XK3c was not considered an authentic layout other than the single manual vs. a dual manual I was told that it only had two sets of drawbars, not four.

57 Hammond B3; 69 Hammond L100P; 68 Leslie 122; Kurzweil Forte7 & PC3; M-Audio Code 61; Voce V5+; Neo Vent; EV ELX112P; GSI Gemini & Burn

Delaware Dave

Exit93band

I think what people want is an XK5 for the price of an SK1. ;-)

For sure! The XK5 is more organ than I need. I'd settle for something in between.

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing."

- George Bernard Shaw

This forum in a nutshell. Based on 35 seconds of video no less! For all we know Hammond could wipe the floor with this and release a new standard in affordable uncompromising and portable stage combo boards. (They wont, obviously. It'll be more expensive than the Rolands and less featured than the Yamaha's but it'll likely have great build quality, top notch sounds from a small pallet and an immediacy that performers will love.)

With a lesliesim that is good, but not good enough? Is that why most reviews of the XK-5 on YT is made through a real leslie?

"This is my rig, and if you don´t like it....well, I have others!"

"Think positive...there's always something to complain about!"

Interesting. The 'mono synth' section we can see in the foreground looks to be one among several sections on the instrument. So yes, it could be some kind of combo or ensemble keyboard, though it looks less organ-forward than an SK-series keyboard. I agree that the demo isn't much to go on. And, if they"re doing something with a synthesizer component, it had better go beyond merely being a PCM-based sound engine with knobs and sliders.

FWIW, Asian keyboard companies" offices in the U.S. (and for that matter Europe) tend to be sales, marketing, and distribution outposts, though some have more input into R&D and design for the Western market than others. For the most part, though, the mothership comes up with something and it"s the U.S. office"s job to sell it. My experience of HUSA is that they"re towards the middle in this regard, because Suzuki recognizes the American legacy of the Hammond organ.

I could be totally wrong, as at this point I have no inside information, but my gut says this might be something in the ARP Quadra and Korg Trident vein.

Stephen Fortner

Principal, Fortner Media

Former Editor in Chief, Keyboard Magazine

Digital Piano Consultant, Piano Buyer Magazine

Industry affiliations: Antares, Arturia, Giles Communications, MS Media, Polyverse

Well damn.

You can see a keys section next to organ section with piano, epiano, clav etc.

And is this the first time they've revealed the "SK Pro" name?

Cheers, Mike.

The Vimeo videos released on Christmas Day and New Years Day had the title 'SK Pro'.

Hammond SKX

Mainstage 3