Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Best wishes for 2021

Well 2020 turned out to be the worst year of my life for COVID 19 and other reasons. I enter 2021 without celebration, as a recent outbreak has resulted in all NYE gatherings being cancelled and a very limited fireworks display that can only be viewed on TV.

But I go into 2021 composing more music to fit with lyrics written by an originals band that I was invited to join with a couple of songs in the can and other things are working out better than I had any right to expect.

So best wishes to everyone here for a better, brighter and safe 2021.

A misguided plumber attempting to entertain | MainStage 3 | Axiom 61 2nd Gen | Pianoteq | B5 | XK3c | EV ZLX 12P

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, 2020 will go down in history as one of the worst years ever for everyone, and musicians in particular - as if the music situation wasn't bad enough to start with....

...so all we can do is to put all out energy and enthusiasm for a better 2021!

No real party is possible here in Italy because of the lockdown - so at least 'watching' a few party images could be the next best thing. ;)

My best wishes to everybody on KC, MPN, and musicians around the world!

2020 the Covid side of things sucks really hard, but on the positive there has been a lot of live streaming of Jazz, some good music education and discussions. The things I do miss because of Covid are movie theaters and going to the gym. So mentally ready for another year of lockdown but looking for things to start getting better after this holiday spike in covid ends and hopefully covid start to subside. So hope everyone find a path thru 2021 that works for them.

Happy-Happy All

Happy New Year to everyone from Crete, Greece, wherever you may be and in whatever timezone you are in.

May it be a Peaceful and Successful Year for all of you. May the gigs be safe and come flowing in. It's been far too long.

Finally my thanks to the MPN team for making this a joyful and at times extremely funny community to which to belong.

Best wishes to everyone for 2021 and beyond! I'm glad to have this place and being able to have met so many of you in person (like at NAMM 2020) and virtually. :thu:

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

Happy New Year

Just 3.5 hours to go here. I plan on getting outside more - rain, shine or cold. Got to move the body, very important.

Do more things I enjoy doing and stress less about the ones I have to (and typically don"t like to).

Good luck everyone. Take care of yourselves and keep living!

Yamaha CP88, Casio PX-560

Please don't say anything foolish like, "Man, 2021 HAS to be better than 2020...it couldn't possibly be worse!"

2021 might be listening.

Note that we haven't had a major war this year, we haven't been invaded by evil aliens, and Justin Bieber is not on tour. 2021 might foist any or all of those things upon us, so don't tempt fate...okay?

Grey

I'm not interested in someone's ability to program. I'm interested in their ability to compose and play.

Thank you all for making this a civil place for sharing info, ideas and support. I hope that everyone has a bright 2021.

Note that we haven't had a major war this year, we haven't been invaded by evil aliens, and Justin Bieber is not on tour. 2021 might foist any or all of those things upon us, so don't tempt fate...okay?

Grey

I might not fully appreciate Justin B, but I can think of far, far worse and less deserving people who would ask or who have asked for your hard earned dollars. I am sure that everyone can imagine far worse gatherings to endure than a JB concert. Here's looking forward to a more endurable year.

Best wishes for a healthy, happy 2021 to all. Thanks for making this place such a useful and entertaining refuge during troubled times.

“For 50 years, it was like being chained to a lunatic.”

-- Kingsley Amis on the eventual loss of his libido