Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

cool new effects

Mark, you can order one of the two daisy chain adapters from SW. The OneSpot will run 5 to 8 pedals. They are great little power supplies that take up a very small space on your board...I'm sure one of your guitar buds will want to hear your new pedal as much as you do. Give it a try ASAP and get back to us with a review! I know how it is to finally get that new piece of gear that you have been waiting so long for. Congrats! :thu:
Take care, Larryz

I'm not sure why you are concerned about pedalboard/no pedalboard just to try the pedal out,

but you can power this pedal with any standard (5.5 x 2.1 mm barrel connector, aka 'Boss style'), good quality 9vdc center-negative Power Supply (adapter) that can provide 200ma current or more.

Did you get an owner's manual with that, or at least a link to it?

Fender MTG Tube Tremolo manual

The MTG Tremolo FINALLY arrived today, two weeks after its promised "Deliver By" date. :-)

I can't try it out though, as it can't use batteries and has no AC adapter. My pedalboard is in CA.

Not sure if it can accept an adapter or not. Probably, but it seems designed exclusively for boards.

Anyone know for sure about these new Fender pedals? Maybe I can grab something at FC soon.

Otherwise, maybe one of my bandmates has a pedalboard we can hook it into this Saturday.

The power jack for DC In says 200mA and 9V, which is pretty standard, so should be easy match.

I'm disappointed by the looks as it's metallic and highly reflective and glarey; hard to read as well.

I thought it was orange. Maybe in outdoor light it will be non-distracting and not so hard on the eyes.

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/1Spot9v--truetone-1-spot-slim-9v-dc-adapter

Looks like the adapter above is good to have at hand for quick-and-dirty single-pedal powering.

Of course, 1700mA means lots of headroom regarding power drops not causing problems.

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

One of the issues with making a Tube-driven pedal with a 9-volt PS involved stepping down the voltage required to drive the tubes; IIRC, all of B. K. Butler's original Blue Tube and Real Tube pedals ran off a standard wall plug, no battery, no AC adapter. I'm not surprised the MTG Tremolo won't run off a battery, but any Boss/EHX/1 Spot adapter with a center negative plug should be just fine. The Boss and EHX apdapters tend to run a little high, at 9.6 volts, but that shouldn't be a problem.

I'd be less inclined to run this pedal on a daisy-chain, until you're sure how it behaves with others in the signal chain.

"Monsters are real, and Ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes, they win." Stephen King

http://www.novparolo.com

https://thewinstonpsmithproject.bandcamp.com

Here's more info on the one spot power supply. It should power the Fender pedal quietly in a daisy chain with up to 8 pedals (I only ran 5) and work well in a studio setting. I really loved mine back in my pedal board days. But, if it is suspect in causing any noise problems combined with other pedals, you can always run a standard Boss wall wart separating the pedal from other power supplies. The only time I had to do this was due to an 18v dc requirement for a Dan Electro stereo chorus. The Boss wall wart is a center negative 9.6volt DC at 200ma power supply. The Truetone Onespot runs 9volt dc at 1700ma so no problem with power drops. My 9volt DC Keely pedal will not run on batteries and it runs quite well on the Boss wall wart and/or the Onespot.

https://truetone.com/1-spot/#

:cool:

Take care, Larryz

Thanks all; I'll be ordering the cheap 1Spot tonight. Good to have in the arsenal even once reunited with my gear in CA, whenever that happens. Most often, I only use one pedal anyway, so this is a portable solution.

My placeholder Squier Classic Vibe Jaguar (used) arrived just now as well (a good match!); I'll upgrade to Johnny Marr model later on. Can't try it yet; need to give it 24 hours to adjust to a different climate here!

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35, D'angelico SS Bari, EXL1,

Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, LP 57, Eastman T486, T64, Ibanez PM2, Hammond XK4, Moog Voyager

We used the MTG Tube Tremolo at rehearsal last night as my guitarist had a pedalboard. It is at least ten times as good as my highest expectations, and though I can't compare it to my Suhr Jackrabbit as it is 31300 miles away, I have a feeling I'll be selling that one once I am reunited with it.

It works amazingly well on a Les Paul, which I didn't expect. But it was plugged into an Orange Micro Terror, which takes pedals well, and fed into a typical Marshall 4x12 slant-back cabinet with G12 greenbacks. Who would have expected it to be so clean, transparent, musical, and articulate -- and at every combination of settings as well? It's so easy to dial in and to quickly adjust for a player, guitar, setup and gear, or specific song.

It's funny how the two biggest criticisms are that the tap tempo feature is always active, and that the bypass switch is on when the light is off rather than vice-versa. This takes like one microsecond to adjust to. :-)

My AC adapter order should arrive in a couple of days, so I'll be able to start using the pedal at home soon. Too bad it can't take batteries; I rarely use them, but it's always nice to have that option as a backup plan and for more flexibility in a variety of situations.

Thanks for posting the PDF link, as the actual physical copy that came in the box is so tiny that I can't read it very well. I forgot to bring my magnifying glass with me when I moved east (amongst other essential items that I keep getting reminded were left behind, and which are hard to find these days due to COVID-related supply chain issues).

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35, D'angelico SS Bari, EXL1,

Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, LP 57, Eastman T486, T64, Ibanez PM2, Hammond XK4, Moog Voyager

It works amazingly well on a Les Paul, which I didn't expect. But it was plugged into an Orange Micro Terror, which takes pedals well, and fed into a typical Marshall 4x12 slant-back cabinet with G12 greenbacks. Who would have expected it to be so clean, transparent, musical, and articulate -- and at every combination of settings as well?

Excellent, glad to hear it! I suspect that it will also be at least as good when connected in an amps effects-loop, my preference with tremolo and many other 'modulation' pedals, as well as echo, delay and reverb. If you do try it in an amps effects-loop, let us know what you think, keep us posted.

It's so easy to dial in and to quickly adjust for a player, guitar, setup and gear, or specific song.

A very good sign!

It's funny how the two biggest criticisms are that the tap tempo feature is always active, and that the bypass switch is on when the light is off rather than vice-versa. This takes like one microsecond to adjust to. :-)

That is a bit odd...

My bandmate probably can't afford the MTG Tremolo from Fender, so I steered him towards the BOSS TR-2 as I do think that's the most authentic and musical one from the existing pedal catalogue. I'm not a fan of the EHX sound for theirs but can't put my finger on it. It's the cheapest one (BOSS's is second cheapest) and he's Russian so he might buy that one instead.

I was almost going to buy the Warm Audio Jet Phaser tonight, but got seasick as usual when I listened to audio demos, just as with any phaser on electric guitar. Is it just me? I've owned several and sold them all, except for the EHX Nano Stone as that one's great on keyboards and works pretty well on bass too (though I'm more inclined to apply chorus to bass or Bigg Muff bass edition, on the rare occasions that I effect my bass).

I feel like I get more pleasant and relaxing as well as musical results on electric guitar when using the Fulltone expression-pedal form factor of their UniVibe clone, than I do with any actual phaser pedal.

The MTG Tremolo is really all I'll need for my time here in NC anyway, as I tend to prefer clean guitar sounds so don't miss my other pedals in CA that much -- especially for the music I'm likely to focus on while here.

I was almost going to buy the Warm Audio Jet Phaser tonight, but got seasick as usual when I listened to audio demos, just as with any phaser on electric guitar. Is it just me? I've owned several and sold them all, except for the EHX Nano Stone as that one's great on keyboards and works pretty well on bass too (though I'm more inclined to apply chorus to bass or Bigg Muff bass edition, on the rare occasions that I effect my bass).

I feel like I get more pleasant and relaxing as well as musical results on electric guitar when using the Fulltone expression-pedal form factor of their UniVibe clone, than I do with any actual phaser pedal.

I got a Fulltone MDV3 V2, what yuou describe there, myself, and I agree that it's a smooth phaser alternative; and it NAILS those classic Uni-Vibe tones- particularly, passages from The Dark Side of the Moon practically leap out from it!

Now, re: getting "seasick"- you might be better off with a 2 Stage phaser, like the MXR Phase 45; smoother, less 'dramatic'.

If you can find one, the VFE Enterprise Phaser and Tractor Beam (same pedal, renamed to avoid franchise lawsuits) likely have more control features than any other phaser ever made, allowing for extremely subtle phaser tones, as well as effects that are extreme, not subtle at all. It offers 2, 3, or 4 stages, three different sweep 'modes', and a number of other controls that can make it really smooth and subtle- or, really crazy and extreme. As I typed this, I thought I'd found you one Tractor Beam- a limited edition chrome one, at that- and I swear, it became "sold out" when I went back to make a link for you... ! Damn... !

1692.thumb.jpg.99bbeece94b076553d180c6dc33ee2b4.jpg

Funny thing, I tend to associate Chorus with the "seasick" sound? I can't be the only one, as I've seen more than one Chorus pedal with the word "Sea" in the name, and the EQD Sea Machine is among the sickest of all!

You might want to check into several discontinued Mojo Hand pedals, the Nebula, Nebula Redux and Nebula IV. The original Nebula was their take on the 2-Stage Phase 45, and the Nebula Redux was a variation on the first Nebula model. The Nebula IV was an updated take on the Phase 90, with Depth and Level controls added. None of these pedals were intended to be clones nor Re-Issues, but rather modern versions of the classics, with upgraded components, and added controls.

I currently have a Nebula IV on my 21st Century Pedalboard, and I'm very happy with it. The Depth & Level controls make it much more versatile than a Phase 90.

"Monsters are real, and Ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes, they win." Stephen King

It's the flanger that makes me seasick, or maybe just bored. In the 70s & 80s, when effects were few & far between I had an MXR rack mount flanger & an EHX Electric Mistress, & I used them on everything, until I just got sick of that sound. Now, a light amount of phaser, & Boss Dimension chorus covers my modulation needs. The Dimension especially, because you don't really hear an up/down LFO sweep, just a subtle bit of motion.
Scott Fraser

I don"t like modulation-time based effects. Chorus/flanger etc... I stay away from big verbs and gig regen delays also. They have no balls in a big mix. If doing a trio or solo

Things then that"s different. They can be pretty but I don"t do pretty very often unless I"m on pedal steel.

"It doesn't have to be difficult to be cool" - Mitch Towne

"A great musician can bring tears to your eyes!!!

So can a auto Mechanic." - Stokes Hunt

Interesting notes on the Phase 45 from MXR; I hated the famous MXR 90 and somehow thought the 45 would be even less appealing to me as I thought it might stretch out the out-of-phase sound in an even more obvious way. But now I remember that I disliked the higher numbers even more (I forget what they were; not released very often and maybe only Custom Shop, but either Phase 100 or Phase 120).

It's nice to know I'm in good company here, regarding a general preference for conservatism when it comes to modulation and time based effects, as I have been surrounded for so many years (on both coasts) by people who love being in an infinite loop. :-) Some very good recommendations though, for other ways of seeking out that palette.

I think I sort of agree about chorus on guitar too. Decades ago, I did like my BOSS Dimension, but used it more on bass from the very start (just as with my TC SCF). I bought a Providence ADC-4 Anadime Chorus pedal a few years back, after much research, and find it characterful while still preserving the basic guitar timbre (I feel that EHX pedals replace the guitar's signature sound, except for Big Muff). But I use it mostly to avoid a JC120 need.

The Dimension especially, because you don't really hear an up/down LFO sweep, just a subtle bit of motion.

Scott, I love my Mod FX, but I don't want that LFO sweep as a constant background noise, either. I use a Keeley Bubbletron for Dynamic Flanging and Phasing. It's too much fun, with 12 different FX settings before you even start turning knobs. (Phaser, Flanger & Filter, with Dynamic or Standard and Vintage or Modern settings via internal dip switch.)

I like it enough I may get a second one for my Novparolo pedalboard, once we're all back to work again.

Ladies and Gentlemen of the exciting, rapidly expanding BETA and VHS Home Video universe, allow me to introduce to you the new

Demedash T-120 DLX V2 Videotape Echo! ( < LINK )

[video:youtube]

Here's a very well done demo of a previous iteration:

I went to the site to check them out . . . damn, they aren't cheap!

When I hear something like this, my first thought is often "I wonder if I can do that with . . .?" This box made me think of my old Lexicon Vortex, one of the most twisted MFX ever made.

I went to the site to check them out . . . damn, they aren't cheap!

No, they're not... I won't likely be buying one anytime soon, but if I were gigging and/or recording my own originals with a group, I might be much more inclined; there aren't many delays out there that make me sit up, take notice, and think, "Hmmm.... what might I get up to with THAT... ?!" This did. Of course, I was imaging sticking one of these (and possibly also my beloved Strymon El Capistan, in series with it, for really mangled and re-mangled repeats!) in the feedback-loop of a DOD Rubberneck...

When I hear something like this, my first thought is often "I wonder if I can do that with . . .?"

You and me both. I can get well within that ballpark with my El Capistan; though if I could have only one or the other, the El Capistan would remain on-deck.

This box made me think of my old Lexicon Vortex, one of the most twisted MFX ever made.

Yesss, indeed- a favorite of mine! Nothing elkse to this day does quite what the Vortex could. I wish it'd gotten along better with my tube-amps for live playing, though; it managed to partially neuter my tube-amps, even in the amps effects-loop, and tube-amps seemed to compromise the Vortex somewhat. It brought a subtle but unpleasant touch of tininess and a fake sheen to them.

Oh yeah, the Vortex was one-of-a-kind. I found one on eBay a number of years ago, but had to resell it as it had too many problems that could no longer be fixed. For instance, it wouldn't stay on a preset long enough to play a whole phrase, before randomly jumping to some other settings. The techie I took it to, said the required parts are no longer available. Sadly, I never got to truly experience the unique effects it is known for.

My bandmate ordered a Fender MTG Tremolo of his own this morning, realizing it's a limited production run and that it is perfect at every setting and so much more musical than so many over-the-top pedals these days.

I like the homage to Ghostbusters in that second demo. I like it, but I have other silly pedals higher on my list. Especially since I already have a bunch of silly pedals that could get me that sound when used together.

Don"t get me wrong, though- I win the lottery, and it"s in my cart! :laugh:

Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: âNinety percent of everything is crapâ

My FLMS- Murphy's Music in Irving, Tx

http://murphysmusictx.com/

I like the homage to Ghostbusters in that second demo. I like it, but I have other silly pedals higher on my list. Especially since I already have a bunch of silly pedals that could get me that sound when used together.

Don"t get me wrong, though- I win the lottery, and it"s in my cart! :laugh:

In that price range for a Delay pedal, I'm more likely to invest in something from Red Panda; some truly bizarre sounds in those.

All of this reminds me that it's time to re-arrange my Music room once again, and start making more use of my Vortex, along with the rest of my FX rack. FWIW, I also have a Digitech XP300 Space Station. Running the Space Station into the Vortex change alter your brain-wave pattern . . .

If I win the lottery, I"m getting some Red Panda, too. Chase Bliss. Strymon. (More) Spaceman. Hologram Electronics.

I mean, if I"m gonna live the dream, I"m gonna live the dream!

Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: âNinety percent of everything is crapâ

My FLMS- Murphy's Music in Irving, Tx

http://murphysmusictx.com/

My bandmate ordered a Fender MTG Tremolo of his own this morning, realizing it's a limited production run and that it is perfect at every setting and so much more musical than so many over-the-top pedals these days.

Sounds like you found a great pedal Mark, for you and your bandmate in the Fender MTG Tremolo! How much do they cost as compared to the cheaper Boss Tremolo pedal? Have you tried it using the 1-Spot yet? :cool:

Take care, Larryz

Haven't tried it with 1-SPOT yet as now the work week has begun and I work 11-14 hour days. I got it for a bit over $170, as did he. Fender MTG Tremolo runs for $200 otherwise vs. $100 for BOSS TR-3 Tremolo.

• 2 weeks later...
[font:Verdana]Not much for fuzz pedals myself, but damn, do I like the idea of this:[/font]

[font:Verdana]Not much for fuzz pedals myself, but damn, do I like the idea of this:[/font]

That is one of the nicest fuzz pedals I have ever heard.

Yeah, that is very cool, sounds great and very versatile! I like that- I think I could have a great time with that fuzz...

It"s a nifty idea, but I hate opening pedals to change things. If only they"d used a cartridge system like the old gaming consoles...

I know what you mean; though it could soon become a set-it-and-forget-it affair, finding what you want and leaving it thence sealed for strange aeons. ;) And it appears that it wouldn't be difficult to open.

For another example, my beloved Octron has several internal switches and trim-pots, but that's definitely a set and forgotten affair, I have no reason to change those settings whatsoever. Dave Fox later came out with a version that has a couple of those switches on top with the other external controls; though I would never need to use them more than once, unless I accidentally moved them- and that can't happen if they're inside... ! :D:thu:

Back to the Jackson Audio Fuzz... I already have quite a number of fuzzes; this looks to be a very interesting and excellent pedal- and I kinda want it! :laugh: - but besides the price, I really don't think that I should justify buying this one, too...