Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's very bizarre. If it was a terrorist attack, it makes no sense to do it at 6:30 AM, when there aren't a lot of people around to mess up. I'm betting on relationship craziness gone even crazier.

FWIW it's not possible for many people on AT&T to make or receive calls, and 911 isn't working at the moment. So if you have friends in Nashville and can't contact them, don't worry.

"In a statement, AT&T said: "Service for some customers in Nashville and the surrounding areas may be affected by damage to our facilities from the explosion this morning. "

The explosion was in front of an AT&T data center building. Maybe someone was unhappy with his data service. Maybe we'll eventually learn something interesting about this, maybe not. News reporting is different from how it used to be.

It really sucked not to be able to call people on Christmas, and the loss of 911 lines means people could die from this. But customers being outraged at AT&T makes no sense...AT&T's service wasn't blown up because someone got drunk and threw up on a server or something. It's like if you were rear-ended and your car totaled on the way to work, and your boss got mad at you.

There are still no leads on who or why. I can't help but wonder whether an RV was chosen because there was plenty of room to put lots of explosive material, and if that's the case, why was it so important to create a massive explosion in downtown Nashville? Was it a trial run to see how easy it would be take out infrastructure?

Like most sane people, I'm very disturbed by this. We are living in a strange era in the US now.

The thing that confuses me is the motive? The recording warning people to get away at a time of day when the street is not crowded? Loss of life doesn't seem to be the object. I see suspicions of suicide, but aren't there easier ways to off yourself?

I suspect it will die down in the press here in Florida before and if the investigators ever figure it out.

Notes

Bob "Notes" Norton

Owner, Norton Music http://www.nortonmusic.com

Style and Fake disks for Band-in-a-Box

The Sophisticats http://www.s-cats.com >^. .^< >^. .^<

Like most sane people, I'm very disturbed by this. We are living in a strange era in the US now.

The thing that confuses me is the motive? The recording warning people to get away at a time of day when the street is not crowded? Loss of life doesn't seem to be the object. I see suspicions of suicide, but aren't there easier ways to off yourself?

I suspect it will die down in the press here in Florida before and if the investigators ever figure it out.

Notes

Some sources have suggested that this was the home of the "Kraken" super computer run by Dominion voting systems.

I'll say no more than that. You can draw your own conclusions.

Dan

I am glad that apparently, only the occupant of the RV died in the explosion. He was 63 and an early report suggests that he was bothered by material he was reading online. If you already feel as if dark forces are gathered against you and you're wearing an aluminum foil hat, the Internet is a terrible place to go for comfort. The 15-minute warning being played from the vehicle makes it seem like a weirdly disturbing suicide. I'll bet you a folder full of FX WAVs featuring analog camera shutter clicks that we'll hear about a notebook manifesto or cache of haunting e-mails somewhere. Its not as if this is new. Its just the latest instance.

So I turned that off and watched my DVD, "The Ballad of Don Lewis." If you don't already know of him, or at least this doc, lean in and listen. Its an uplifting piece of synth lore.

"I want to be an intellectual, but I don't have the brainpower.
  The absent-mindedness, I've got that licked."
        ~ John Cleese

Some sources have suggested that this was the home of the "Kraken" super computer run by Dominion voting systems.

I'll say no more than that. You can draw your own conclusions.

Well, there's this...

But the more compelling evidence, to me, was in interviews the police did while pursuing leads with those who knew the bomber. They said he believed 5G was being used to control or spy on people. He was 63, apparently not exactly socially skilled...I could see that kind of person feeling he did an heroic act by sacrificing himself to save people from "the dangers of 5G." It will be interesting to see if any "manifesto" is uncovered.

To be clear, the jury is still out as to whether cell phones have deleterious effects on the human body - there have been conflicting studies - but they have nothing to do with spying on people. They're about the effects of low-level radiation exposure.

On the other hand, here I am refuting a theory that the Nashville blast was associated with election irregularities. It's certainly suspicious...

* I use an AT&T cell phone, but use Comcast for internet. Was I tipped off that AT&T internet would be disrupted, so that's why I use Comcast?

* I live in Nashville, yet specifically avoided that part of downtown on Christmas morning. What did I know...and when did I know it?

* I do not use a 5G service. Why does a technology fan not go for the latest technology? A little suspicious, don't you think?

* "Anderton" has the same number of letters as "Dominion."

Coincidence? You decide!

I'm just glad no innocent bystanders were killed.

I'm old enough to remember people like the Unabomber, the bombings related to the Puerto Rican independence movement, the "mad bomber" who terrorized New York (he was angry at the Con Edison electric company), the March 2018 bombs in Austin, the Olympic Park bomber in Atlanta, the Midwest Pipe Bomber, etc. etc.

Rational people have a hard time understanding irrational acts, so we look for an explanation, even if it's far-fetched. I think the explanation is simple: like these other bombers, the guy was off his rocker, and liked blowing things up. Let's face it - he got the whole country to pay attention, so on one level, he succeeded in what he presumably wanted to do.

It reminds me of that guy that shot the judge's family. He was dying, so it was a risk he was willing to take. I wonder if this 63 year old felt his life was over soon anyway.

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

I think most of the spying comes through the microwave oven. I read that on the Internet.

Furthermore, I keep a tin foil hat on the microwave.

And my first name "Bob" is not only the same forwards and backwards, but it is on digital clocks, including the one on the microwave twice a day, at both 8:08 AM and PM. Coincidence? You decide.

Bob "Notes" Norton

It doesn't matter what you say to someone who loves conspiracy theories because they always think they know more than the "sheeple" who adhere to "facts" and read the "mainstream media" that do investigative journalism because....well, they've done their "resurch" on the "interwebz".

The problem is that some conspiracy theories turned out to be true, like the Gulf of Tonkin incident being mostly manufactured to drum up support for attacking North Vietnam. The government really did poison alcohol during prohibition, the CIA really did give LSD to people in mind control experiments in the MK-Ultra project. Contaminated polio vaccines spread a cancer-causing virus at one point, the government planned to fabricate acts of domestic terrorism and blame Cuba to get people to support a war against Cuba (Kennedy stopped it), the US really was investigating UFOs even when the official line was that such investigations had stopped, John Lennon was being spied on by the FBI, and of course, Watergate, Operation Condor, etc. All of these were conspiracy theories at some point, and there are some more localized ones that turned out to be true (an airport in Oregon where all the locals said it was being used by the CIA...and it was).

Then there are the suppression issues, like the NFL burying the damage of concussions, or the attempt to cover up that smoking causes cancer. So it's not always easy to separate fact from fiction.

To be clear, the jury is still out as to whether cell phones have deleterious effects on the human body - there have been conflicting studies - but they have nothing to do with spying on people. They're about the effects of low-level radiation exposure..

Just a word of clarification, if you'll permit it.

The radiation exposure is to microwave radio at extremely low amplitude, not to ionising radiation, i.e. not nuclear radiation.

The theory is that these radio waves may affect the growing tissues (e.g. brain) of children. The likely affect on adults is considered to be far less harmful, if at all.

As you said, Craig, the jury is out.

Akai EWI 4000s, Yamaha VL70m, Yamaha AN1x, Casio PX560, Yamaha MU1000XG+PLGs-DX,AN,VL.

There are ample studies showing cell phone radiation impacts cell tissue, as well as having macro effects on the brain operating as a whole. The only way they're approved as "safe" is by doing studies with the antennas x cm away. Radiation doesn't have to be ionizing to have an effect on atoms/molecules.

When most people crush their phone against their ear when they're using them.

It's easy to find scientific evidence - very quick look:

"Nerve cell damage in mammalian brain after exposure to microwaves from GSM mobile phones "

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/12782486/

"Exposure to GSM 900 MHz electromagnetic fields affects cerebral cytochrome c oxidase activity"

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/18585429/

"Continuous Exposure to 1.7 GHz LTE Electromagnetic Fields Increases Intracellular Reactive Oxygen Species to Decrease Human Cell Proliferation and Induce Senescence"

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/32514068/

.... and there are plenty more. And there are studies that show 5G is pretty bad, and the use of different narrow band EM fields is a big growth sector of DOD projects for crowd control.

It's easy to dismiss everything as being "Alex Jones!" but it doesn't mean there isn't truth in there somewhere.

So now I reach a homeostasis of returning to being a "conspiracy nut" here, while mysteriously I'm a sheeple to the 1,000 right winger "friends" on my Fb who think 5G caused SARS COV2 and won't take the vaccine because Bill Gates put a nano chip in it.

Guitar Lessons in Augusta Georgia: www.chipmcdonald.com

Eccentric blog: https://chipmcdonaldblog.blogspot.com/

/ "big ass windbag" - Bruce Swedien

A worrisome trend IMO is the "post Alex Jones Dismissal" effect.

It's now trendy-hip to be flippant about anything that is non-mainstream, to make a joke about it. Even now, despite the Snowden revelations - people have returned to thinking "they're listening to you through your phone" is a "wacky conspiracy theory". Even now, when Google, Facebook, every other tech presence is going it - and we *KNOW* it - the herd mentality is "don't worry about it" at the most.

It's a weird sensation of cognitive dissonance, when I hear so many of the right wingers echo a sentiment of distrust I've always had, but ramped up in a weird non-sensical way. It's almost like a social manipulation project to polarize "believers" from the "sheeple", in ironic agreement with the anti-science anti-mask people I despise. People have been brusquely forced into a habit of polar, non-nuanced thinking.

It's almost as disturbing to me to hear a "left leaning" friend dismiss Alex Jones as it is to hear a right winger say "the vaccines are a mind control experiment!" or some such. Both are non-cognitive response to information that may contain partial truths, buried in what I'm increasingly thinking is a carefully crafted noise of misinformation.

Chip, I wasn't trying to say that microwave radiation exposure was of NO risk, just of a different risk to ionising radiation.

Many of the tests that I've read are of relatively high amplitude, i.e. they exceed the maximum output of a cell phone, or the exposure is for a prolonged period, i.e. 72 hrs continuous exposure.

The output from a cell phone can be as little as 1mW in a good reception area but as high as 1W or 2W (dependant open radio wave frequency). Some of the tests I've read are using up to 6W of radiated power!

This is from the BMJ:

"The operator"s network controls and adjusts the output power of each connected mobile phone to the lowest level compatible with a good signal quality. This is obtained by logarithmically scaling the power from the maximum (1 or 2 W at 1800 MHz and 900 MHz, respectively) down to a level that may be as low as 1 mW. Such adaptive power control (APC) takes place continuously, with the selected power level depending on several factors, including the distance from the base station, the presence of physical obstacles, whether the phone is used indoors or outdoors, and handovers."

That's why, to some extent, the jury is still out.

BTW. Alex Jones is/was the female presenter of The One Show on the BBC here in the UK.

Are you referring to her?

Akai EWI 4000s, Yamaha VL70m, Yamaha AN1x, Casio PX560, Yamaha MU1000XG+PLGs-DX,AN,VL.

BTW. Alex Jones is/was the female presenter of The One Show on the BBC here in the UK.

Sadly, no.

(I'm not meaning to get political, just informative.)

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

A worrisome trend IMO is the "post Alex Jones Dismissal" effect.

It's now trendy-hip to be flippant about anything that is non-mainstream, to make a joke about it. Even now, despite the Snowden revelations - people have returned to thinking "they're listening to you through your phone" is a "wacky conspiracy theory". Even now, when Google, Facebook, every other tech presence is going it - and we *KNOW* it - the herd mentality is "don't worry about it" at the most.

It's a human tendency to want to be part of a tribe. Being part of a tribe usually means accepting the beliefs of the tribe's members - not to do so leads to becoming persona non grata. We see this in politics all the time - someone from one party finds something of merit in a proposal done by a different party, and all of a sudden, they're shunned.

The same thing happens to an even more transparent degree in popular culture - you're not hip if you don't agree with what the tastemakers think is hip.

Members of one tribe will inherently have a knee-jerk reaction to what members of the other tribe believe. I think that perhaps the single biggest positive change that could happen in the world is if everyone considered everything on its own merits, devoid of what others think (or want you to think). This also requires rejecting the idea that there are simple yes/no answers, and instead, investigating nuances and cost/benefit to try to arrive at an evaluation that's both realistic and fact-based.

A simple example of what I mean is listening to loud music. Is it good or bad for you? It depends on how loud it is, how long your exposure is to it, your age, and other factors. Once you are in full possession of the facts, you can act intelligently.

The thing to remember about Alex Jones, Rachel Maddow, Sean Hannity, Jake Tapper, etc. is that they are entertainers who speak exclusively to their tribe/audience. They do this so that they can extract money from advertisers who want to sell things to their particular audience. Some of these people do actual research, but most are content to be storytellers, where they make up the stories based on what they think will please their audience. Even the ones that do research will spin the facts so they they're palatable to their audience.

As long as people think their side is 100% right and the other side is 100% wrong, we'll never make progress. Even changing that ratio to 80/20 would do wonders - finding common ground on even 20% of what's facing us would have far better results than finding common ground on 0% of what's facing us.

I think most of the spying comes through the microwave oven. I read that on the Internet.

Furthermore, I keep a tin foil hat on the microwave.

And my first name "Bob" is not only the same forwards and backwards, but it is on digital clocks, including the one on the microwave twice a day, at both 8:08 AM and PM. Coincidence? You decide.

It's even better at 8:06.

-Tom Williams

{First Name} {at} AirNetworking {dot} com

PC4-7, PX-5S, AX-Edge, PC361

The problem is that some conspiracy theories turned out to be true

Don't forget Alger Hiss, exonerated by the popular culture, employed by NPR as a commentator, and then posthumously confirmed as a known spy when the Venona papers were declassified.

-Tom Williams

{First Name} {at} AirNetworking {dot} com

PC4-7, PX-5S, AX-Edge, PC361

<...snip...>

As long as people think their side is 100% right and the other side is 100% wrong, we'll never make progress. Even changing that ratio to 80/20 would do wonders - finding common ground on even 20% of what's facing us would have far better results than finding common ground on 0% of what's facing us.

Sometimes it seems that media from and including FOX and points right or MSNBC and points left is trying to keep us divided by telling us 'the others' are 100% wrong.

Remember what Abe Lincoln said, "A house divided against itself cannot stand."

And as long as this house is divided, the true rulers of the USA, the ones that pull the strings of the marionettes we elect to office can continue to reap in billions of dollars while feeding the majority of us little more than crumbs off the table.

That's why we need to remember those on the opposite side of the fence are not enemies, but patriots with a different idea of the best way to run the country. The great tradition of debate and compromise are much more productive than 'my way or the highway'. That's why we should not be swallowing hook, line, and sinker most of what the propaganda pundits are baiting us with.

Bob "Notes" Norton

That's why we need to remember those on the opposite side of the fence are not enemies, but patriots with a different idea of the best way to run the country. The great tradition of debate and compromise are much more productive than 'my way or the highway'. That's why we should not be swallowing hook, line, and sinker most of what the propaganda pundits are baiting us with.

Just remember, the Foxes and MSNBCs of this world don't have deeply held philosophical beliefs. They are not educational institutions, but for-profit enterprises. They are selling what they believe will bring in the most income, just like any other for-profit enterprise. They have found that, like sports, people will root for their teams, and buy merch :)

I will say that it was a little weird hearing about the bombing and hearing about Tony Rice's passing concurrently. He is frequently associated with Norman Blake's "Church Street Blues" which I thought was roughly about that part of Nashville (mentions Church and Charlotte).

That's why, to some extent, the jury is still out.

I've seen studies in the mw range. But none take into account resonance, and can't really, for small scale structure geometry.

But the thing that is telling to me is - put your phone very near and object, a mm or 2 away, and then call it from another phone and run music through it for an hour. Then feel the temperature of the object.

That it won't boil water doesn't matter to me. Temperature change and EM fields impact cell interactions, whether it's significant or not I have no proof of, but given it's your brain I err on the side of caution (use the speakerphone).

Not since she changed her name from Bill Hicks.

A simple example of what I mean is listening to loud music. Is it good or bad for you? It depends on how loud it is, how long your exposure is to it, your age, and other factors. Once you are in full possession of the facts, you can act intelligently.

It occurs to me I was always the guy complained about because I wore earplugs. Everyone has always been "anti-mask" around me, and I didn't internalize it as an affectation of basic i.q..

Quite a lot of analogous behaviors there, and now that I'm thinking about it.... a person I know that is "very anti-mask" is also someone I was in a band with that liked to insist "you can't be rock and roll with ear plugs!". A curious thing to announce - as if you're of a station whereby your pronouncement of such a thing shouldn't be offensive, or questioned.

"I'm more rock and roll not because of my talent, but because of my willingness to destroy my hearing", "I'm more of a patriot not because of my active role in making America better, but because I'm not afraid of COVID".

Masks = ear plugs?