Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Hammond Teaser ???

M_G

Hi folks,

a new Hammond Model on the way???

SK-Series is now 10 years old......

https://hammondorganco.com/

Studio: Hammond XK5-XLK5,  Roland Fantom 8, Kurzweil PC3A6, Prophet 5, Moog Sub37, Neo Vent, HX3-Expander, LB Organ Grinder

Live: Yamaha CP88, Yamaha Motif Rack ES, Hammond SKX Pro, Hammond XB2-HX3,  Kurzweil PC3-61, Leslie 251, Roland SA1000, Neo Vent2

Not sure it"s necessarily an SK model. Original one came out in 2011 followed by skx in 2018. 2 years and then a replacement is a very short life span for a product by Hammond standards. Plus they have so many other models that it could be absolutely anything. Will watch nonetheless as once I sell my SK2 I"ll be looking for a replacement.
Yamaha MODX8, Legend Live.

What about a desktop drawbar module based on the B3-X. Crumar and Viscount do them. It's been a while since the XM series

I would love to see this; I got cash.... The track record though with Hammond is that it will be overpriced and they dont know how to make an integrated module, it will be a rack module with a separate drawbar controller with a proprietary plug, the package ending up over $1200 USD. I hope that they would prove me wrong.

57 Hammond B3; 69 Hammond L100P; 68 Leslie 122; Kurzweil Forte7 & PC3; M-Audio Code 61; Voce V5+; Neo Vent; EV ELX112P; GSI Gemini & Burn

Delaware Dave

Exit93band

What about a desktop drawbar module based on the B3-X. Crumar and Viscount do them. It's been a while since the XM series

I would love to see this; I got cash.... The track record though with Hammond is that it will be overpriced and they dont know how to make an integrated module, it will be a rack module with a separate drawbar controller with a proprietary plug, the package ending up over $1200 USD. I hope that they would prove me wrong.

There's a hole in the market here for a decent, not-overpriced module with one set of drawbars and all percussion and C/V controls. Hammond could do well here if they can price it right.

Cheers, Mike.

I'm guessing an iOS clonewheel app.

They have already essentially co-branded B3-X. I don't think they would have licensed their name out for that if they intended to come out with a competing product. Unless maybe the agreement also involved IK Multimedia developing an app for Hammond to market under their own name, and that was part of the deal.

Maybe this is the best place for a shameless plug! Our now not-so-new new video at https://youtu.be/3ZRC3b4p4EI is a 40 minute adaptation of T. S. Eliot's "Prufrock" - check it out! And hopefully I'll have something new here this year. ;-)

Sounds like there may be a synth engine involved; hopefully one that's fully programmable with a complete set on onboard controllers. Would be cool to see a Hammond instrument that utilizes an expanded piano engine, modeled TW engine and synth; i.e., a new SK that challenges the Nord Stage series. They could do it, but I'm not sure if they have, or will. I still favor the core, Hammond tonewheel engine over anything else.

IK MM B3-X is still the TW instrument I favor. So if all the 'bleeps and bloops' on the teaser are a diversion, I think a hardware module version of B3-X would also be great, especially for stage use.

'Someday, we'll look back on these days and laugh; likely a maniacal laugh from our padded cells, but a laugh nonetheless' - Mr. Boffo.

We need a barfing cat emoticon!

I think a hardware module version of B3-X would also be great, especially for stage use.
I suspect that such a hardware module would cost more than just buying an iPad and B-3X, though.

Maybe this is the best place for a shameless plug! Our now not-so-new new video at https://youtu.be/3ZRC3b4p4EI is a 40 minute adaptation of T. S. Eliot's "Prufrock" - check it out! And hopefully I'll have something new here this year. ;-)

I think a hardware module version of B3-X would also be great, especially for stage use.
I suspect that such a hardware module would cost more than just buying an iPad and B-3X, though.
Undoubtedly. And of course it would *be* more than an iPad app - the drawbars and Perc/CV controls would add a lot of value (as well as cost).

Cheers, Mike.

of course it would *be* more than an iPad app - the drawbars and Perc/CV controls would add a lot of value (as well as cost)

True. Something like a Viscount Legend Exp would be interesting. But unless they revamp much (if not all) of their line, it would be awkward to be selling that kind of expansion box if it had a better sounding organ and leslie sim than their organs did!

Well, it seems to have keys.....

Studio: Hammond XK5-XLK5,  Roland Fantom 8, Kurzweil PC3A6, Prophet 5, Moog Sub37, Neo Vent, HX3-Expander, LB Organ Grinder

Live: Yamaha CP88, Yamaha Motif Rack ES, Hammond SKX Pro, Hammond XB2-HX3,  Kurzweil PC3-61, Leslie 251, Roland SA1000, Neo Vent2