Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Which iOS apps do you want to see on macOS? (and vice versa)

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Korg Module would be great, I'd buy that.

I think everything in Korg Module is in the desktop version of Korg Gadget.

https://www.korg.com/us/products/software/korg_gadget/gadget_collection.php

I have been dubious about the Mac version of Gadget, but I might need it if it allows import of iOS Gadget projects intact...

Dr. Mike Metlay (PhD in nuclear physics, golly gosh) :D

Musician, Author, Editor, Educator, Impresario, Online Radio Guy, Cut-Rate Polymath, and Kindly Pedant

Editor-in-Chief, Bjooks ~ Author of SYNTH GEMS 1

clicky!:  more about me ~ my radio station (and my fam) ~ my local tribe ~ my day job ~ my bookmy music

• 2 weeks later...

I got Ravenscroft but don't use it... the Synthogy piano in Module Pro does fine for me, although many discerning users really prefer Ravenscroft for realism.

I keep hoping Modartt will port Pianoteq to iOS now that it's possible to code back and forth.

One other observation: a fair number of the larger app makers have said that they will NOT allow porting to the Mac because their iOS apps would partly or completely compete with macOS versions that cost much more. This is to be expected, although we have not (yet) seen a tide of music app prices skyrocketing into the realm of macOS/Windows prices. My opinion is that we won't. Even if some people try to take that route and other people inch up prices by a few dollars here and there, iOS now has a firmly established low-price-point ethos that will be very hard to shake... and in my opinion, there are very few iOS apps that would survive such a price boost, given the plethora of inexpensive (often free) and very good (often superior) alternatives out there.

Dr. Mike Metlay (PhD in nuclear physics, golly gosh) :D

Musician, Author, Editor, Educator, Impresario, Online Radio Guy, Cut-Rate Polymath, and Kindly Pedant

Editor-in-Chief, Bjooks ~ Author of SYNTH GEMS 1

clicky!:  more about me ~ my radio station (and my fam) ~ my local tribe ~ my day job ~ my bookmy music

... I keep hoping Modartt will port Pianoteq to iOS now that it's possible to code back and forth.

One other observation: a fair number of the larger app makers have said that they will NOT allow porting to the Mac because their iOS apps would partly or completely compete with macOS versions ...

Yes, I hope we see Pianoteq on iOS, it will be a killer app.

I'm also hoping that the innovation in iOS music apps spills over onto the Mac and creates a more competitive market on the Mac. It will be interesting if competition from upstart iOS developers force the larger Mac app makers to adapt; especially those companies that try to create artificial monopolies inside their product lines.