Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Crumar Performer physically modeled

[video:youtube]

Crumar has released their first official virtual instrument: Performer. They tell us that Performer is a physical modeling simulation of the original vintage instrument.

Main features:

- Adjustable global and single note tuning.

- Fully polyphonic.

- Realistic control panel with sliders and buttons like the original.

- Accurate simulation of original circuitry.

- Selection for Rev.A and Rev.B filter.

- Selection for the "sustain modification".

- Built-in adjustable reverb and chorus effect.

- Simulation of pedals effect section including Graphic EQ, Phaser, Flanger and Analog Delay.

- On-screen help tips and readout values.

- Very low memory and CPU power needed.

- Easy MIDI-Learn feature.

- MIDI map import and export feature.

- Bank and program import and export feature.

- Compatible with Windows and OSX.

https://www.crumar.it/?a=showproduct&cat=software&pid=CSP0

Yamaha CP88, Casio PX-560

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like a soft alternative to the Waldorf Streichfett. :D

In the absence of producing a dedicated KB or tone generator, I guess this is the manufacturers way of saying, here's the code (program), supply your own friggin hardware. :laugh::cool:

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

I do fondly remember that keyboard from its day, but I have to admit, I'm kinda scratching my head at why, given the options we have today, someone would want this. YMMV.

I would agree, but I suspect that these were much more popular in the UK and Europe than they were here in the US. While I did see one at a store, and I think in Contemporary Keyboard ads, I never saw one on a stage at that time that I remember - at least here on the West Coast..

I do fondly remember that keyboard from its day, but I have to admit, I'm kinda scratching my head at why, given the options we have today, someone would want this. YMMV.

I would agree, but I suspect that these were much more popular in the UK and Europe than they were here in the US. While I did see one at a store, and I think in Contemporary Keyboard ads, I never saw one on a stage at that time that I remember - at least here on the West Coast..

Back in the early 80's, I was in a road band doing the Holiday Inn circuit. We had 2 kbd players and the other guy had a Performer. It was decent. I thought of it as a poor man's ARP Omni. He later got an ARP Quadra and then retired the Performer. Neither of us ever missed it... Hence my head scratching...

Custom Music, Audio Post Production, Location Audio

www.gmma.biz

https://www.facebook.com/gmmamusic/

This was my first "synthesizer" when I started playing out. I wanted a Crumar Orchestrator because I saw another keyboard player doing great things with it. The Performer was what my budget allowed at the time. In my opinion, it had lusher strings compared to the Orchestrator, and I happily played it for a few years.

While I personally like the sound (and have fond memories of it), the price tag is a bit difficult to justify. Particularly since I just bought the V-Collection 7 and the Solina-V is certainly a worthy competitor.

I'm more familiar with their Multiman Orchestrator, which as I recall was used by New Order on Blue Monday and/or BLT (Bizarre Love Triangle).

I checked their website and only found a non-working audio demo link, so thanks for posting a working video link. It sounds pretty nice.

At Crumar's website, I also noticed some GSi stuff, and had forgotten (if I ever knew to start with) that they are/were distributors of GSi?

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35, D'angelico SS Bari, EXL1,

Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, LP 57, Eastman T486, T64, Ibanez PM2, Hammond XK4, Moog Voyager

In 1980 or thereabouts, I was shopping for a sub $1,000, versatile string machine and there were about 4 choices: Crumar Performer, ARP Quartet, MOOG Opus and KORG Delta. Anyway, after much research and trips to Sam Ash, I bought the KORG Delta. The Crumar Performer was my second choice.

Steve Coscia