Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

WAY OT - The worst thing I ever bought

I'm hoping this is a participation thread, what is the worst thing that YOU'VE ever bought?

I've wasted money on some truly pointless and stupid things. Here we are just hours away from Christmas and the gift giving bug is crawling around in my head.

Except, nobody needs anything except friendship and love.

BUT, there I was again at the thrift store and I saw this item mixed in with the various wood items (a great place to find percussion toys by the way) and when I opened the box I knew I had to inflict this on somebody.

If y'all are "classy", look away now!!! :laugh:

See attached photos and please, share your worst - photos or not. Cheers, Kuru

1675.thumb.jpg.33ad3d3d73caab092a6425e5d38bc6fd.jpg

1676.thumb.jpg.5314f941d0ff85551521e820c8f87f1a.jpg

It took a chunk of my life to get here and I am still not sure where "here" is.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That's a pretty good gag.

I'm pretty careful not to buy too many "worst" things, and unless it cost less than a buck or so, things that aren't good enough to keep get returned, so it's hard for me to remember what was the worst, or even particularly bad. Heck, I can't even remember what I had for breakfast this morning.

One of the most useless audio things I've had was given to me for a review - a single point stereo mic. an Acoustic Solutions 222HD. I was a relatively new Zoom H2 user at the time and I was hoping that it would become a reasonable stereo mic that I could place where I wanted it rather than putting the whole recorder there. The Zoom mic was actually pretty good for the application, just inconvenient in some recording situations.

I never was able to give the Acoustic Solutions mic a fair trial as the output level was so low it was unusable at distances more than about six inches - not how you want to place an "overall" stereo mic. Too bad, as it's really nicely built, with a locking (screw-in) mini plug on the mic end of the supplied cable, a foam wind screen, and a solid clip. It was also pretty inexpensive, about $50 as I recall.

s-l640.jpg

This isn't something I've actually bought but saw ads this year for a Chia Baby Yoda. Believe it or not it went downhill from there. There's a Chia Chewbacca and the most bizarre looking offering in that ad was a Chia Golden Girls (Estelle Getty's character). OK, I thought, they've pretty much plumbed the depths of how bad it could get but as the late Ron Popiel used to say, "But wait. There's more!!" Same company now has an ad out with a Chia Richard Simmons complete with Chia chest hair. Now THAT would be the worst thing I've ever bought & believe me folks, I've made some very bad purchase decisions in my life.

This isn't something I've actually bought but saw ads this year for a Chia Baby Yoda. Believe it or not it went downhill from there. There's a Chia Chewbacca and the most bizarre looking offering in that ad was a Chia Golden Girls (Estelle Getty's character). OK, I thought, they've pretty much plumbed the depths of how bad it could get but as the late Ron Popiel used to say, "But wait. There's more!!" Same company now has an ad out with a Chia Richard Simmons complete with Chia chest hair. Now THAT would be the worst thing I've ever bought & believe me folks, I've made some very bad purchase decisions in my life.

That's funny!!!!!

I've seen a variety of chia abominations here and there. Proof that there is no low that cannot go lower still. lol

It took a chunk of my life to get here and I am still not sure where "here" is.

That's funny!!!!!

I've seen a variety of chia abominations here and there. Proof that there is no low that cannot go lower still. lol

Urban legend has it that if you plant one of Richard Simmon's chest hairs in the ground, it will grow another Richard Simmons. Let's agree not to test this.

"I want to be an intellectual, but I don't have the brainpower.
  The absent-mindedness, I've got that licked."
        ~ John Cleese