Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Let's hear it!!! Post your music here!

I haven't posted in quite a while, but here's a quick Christmas song my band did while separately quarantined. It's not at the level of the things being posted here, but it was still fun to shake off the cobwebs and do something musical. The piano and chimes are Keyscape, and the organ is the previous version of B5. I was already mixing this when the new one came out.

[video:youtube]

"If you can't dazzle them with dexterity, baffle them with bullshit."

This is a cross-post with the Shameless Plugs, but: This video is so hot off the presses that my clips in this are from 11am this morning. (Side note: WOW do I need a haircut. No idea what that mop up front is in this. Bangs? Toupee? Anyway...) We did this version of This Christmas over the last couple of days--in fact, the last version I heard last night didn't even have the acoustic guitar on it yet. I think it came out pretty nicely. Enjoy, and let me know what you think.

(I solo just before the 2:00 mark.)

Now out! "Mind the Gap," a 24-song album of new material.
www.joshweinstein.com

Second annual Holiday Gift video.

My friend Brittany Collins is behind this, she chose the song. Both of us are busy so we had the basics down when I arrived on Thursday 12/17/2020. We spent an hour and a half arranging, practicing and recording the video.

She wanted me to play a solo, I feel that this song is most likely to be better without one. I don't usually use a capo but I wanted to add that sound. Nothing fancy, I think it turned out pretty well considering. Enjoy, Happy Holidays to All!!! Kuru

It took a chunk of my life to get here and I am still not sure where "here" is.

That's your old buddy Dave Hart on guitar, too. We've been buds since the early 80's when he was on the Pointer Sisters gig.

Yea, I saw Dave's name on the poster image. Dave & I go back to junior high school, and played together for years in a local r&b/funk band. Great player! He helped us out last year when AWB did a gig at Sunset Station without Alan Gorrie and I played LH bass â no rehearsal, not even five minutes at a soundcheck; he knew all the tunes! I'll make sure to let you know if/when we get back there (though we've never played on the strip â not in that league I guess!).

Hello again!

This is the first single from my, upcoming, epic rock concept album!

No guitar and bass, only keyboards, drums and vocals... :)

Kurzweil K2661 + full options,iMac 27",Mac book white,Apogee Element 24 + Duet,Genelec 8030A,Strymon Lex + Flint,Hohner Pianet T,Radial Key-Largo,Kawai K5000W,Moog Minitaur,Yamaha Reface YC + CP, iPad 9th Gen, Arturia Beatstep + V Collection 9

https://antonisadelfidis.bandcamp.com

how many great videos here, again and again!!!!!

so, my XMas wishes...

it was done almost a year ago, live recording in studio, with sax and second voice overdub...

no editing, just one take, just for our fun :laugh:

this year it was not possible for us to make new recordings for XMas, so I used this video left from that session...

:wave:

A few minutes of Happiness & Peace⦠from one of the most beautiful pieces by Vangelis: La Petite Fille de la Mer.

I decided to attempt to do a cover of this piece when I first bought the Yamaha Montage and heard how great some of the acoustic guitars were. I thought I could do a decent live cover with the acoustic guitar in the left hand and the electric piano in the right. But I later decided to do 'a duet with myself,' which worked out better, especially since there is more going on with the keys than I first noticed. There are a number of electric piano overdubs played higher with different panning. I tried to replicate this by having the upper notes of the electric piano panning differently from the lower, so that they might sound like they were coming from different instruments. If you stay with me until the very end, you may also notice that I layered some of the higher notes to double and play an octave higher⦠so you get the effect of an octave by playing one note. This doesn"t work for most of the piece, but I was able to bring the effect in at the end nicely with a pedal. What you get is really something like a live duet. On the Prophet, I was happy to get sort of a dreamy choir with triangle waves and then later bring in audio modulation with the modulation wheel, making it more like a string.

Jason, that was an excellent choice, beautifully rendered. Vangelis is still one of the very best *romantic* synthesists. His smaller "parlor" pieces like this one are always crowd-pleasers. Well, not industrial retro-punk rockers, but the rest of us in general. :thu:

"I like that rapper with the bullet in his nose!"
 "Yeah, Bulletnose! One sneeze and the whole place goes up!"
       ~ "King of the Hill"

Christmas Waltz 2020

I"ve never posted any of my work in this thread, but an old friend recently released a Christmas song that I thought, given the season, might be a good share. I recorded an album with Bob many years ago. He now lives in a small hamlet in northern Alberta. Until Bob contacted me a couple of weeks ago to let me know that he was releasing this song, I had forgotten that he had asked me to create the piano part (back in 2012). This isn"t a style of playing that I normally do and I was still teaching and marking late into the night back in 2012, so I"m pretty sure that rather than rehearse something over and over for a one-time performance, I arranged it and 'realized' it in Cubase. I think that the song is sincere and charming. Enjoy, if you are so inclined.

Merry Christmas all.

I just got my 770 converted to 11-pin and this is my first audition of the Legend organ through a solid-state Leslie.

www.dazzjazz.com

PhD in Jazz Organ Improvisation.

BMus (Hons) Jazz Piano.

my YouTube is Jazz Organ Bites

1961 A100.Leslie 45 & 122. MAG P-2 Organ. Kawai K300J. Yamaha CP4. Moog Matriarch. KIWI-8P.

Merry Christmas all.

I just got my 770 converted to 11-pin and this is my first audition of the Legend organ through a solid-state Leslie.

Now that's sweet!

I'm gonna toss in a non-Christmas tune (though the spirit of it is holiday appropriate) -- I couldn't resist doing a quick mix of the song "A Promised Land" from my upcoming solo record, after my buddy finished the "choir" overdubs I wanted to round out the Hammond-and-vocal-only arrangement. The rest of the record, as you'll see at the end, will feature me on many of the instruments, which is something I've wanted to do for a long time, but didn't have the time or opportunity to until the pandemic hit. I've been focused on my bands for the last few years and I'm excited to put out some solo work for the first time since 2015.

Samuel B. Lupowitz

Musician. Songwriter. Food Enthusiast. Bad Pun Aficionado.

A hobby of mine is reworking songs into alternate time signatures, usually 7/8, 9/8, 11/8, or 15/8 (or their 16th variations). I made a fairly quick holiday special video. This one's the old traditional Christmas carol "Sing We Now of Christmas", but in 7/8. The piano is kind of out of tune as it's one of the practice pianos at my college and they're always out of tune by the end of the semester. I didn't have a fancy recording setup with me at college, so the piano was just recorded using an iPad and an iPhone mic so it isn't perfect by any means. VIs are the rest.

I enjoyed the re-interpretation and the "prog" feel of the song. For a student recording that is not bad. Who cares if the piano is out of tune, I can still hear the talent.