Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Free Hammersmith Download

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

WOW! Thank you for posting this! Seems like it's the real deal, minus (mostly) some additional mic pairs. I won't miss the effects, and not sure what "real pedal" refers to (it's on the PRO version and not the free).

This will go nicely with CFX Lite, which has somewhat similar restrictions (only one mic perspective) :)

Thanks, I went ahead and got all 5 plugins.

Recently I moved my entire recording software from sharing a 512gig SSD to it's own 2TB thunderbolt HDD. Plenty of space to try out new toys.

A plus in my book that all of them run on NI Kontakt Player. That means they should also load into Komplete Kontrol which has some nifty features (MIDI Control is nice) and will even load IK Sampletank and other vendors offerings.

I am curious how Tape Choir sounds, it's always nice to add unique modulation sounds.

It took a chunk of my life to get here and I am still not sure where "here" is.

This is amazing, I just downloaded a bunch of free pianos a couple of days ago. This looks like it could be the best one yet. Downloading now, thanks!

I have had the full version for a couple of years. I was just comparing to a model (Pianoteq 7 Pro that is also great) I like to use it (Hammersmith) with the volume up on the close mics. The high register seems to have more cut. This is a great sampled piano, imo especially when tweaked to taste. I have no idea how adjustable the the light version is.

WH

I thought this was interesting - I'm running Mac OS Catalina. No problem downloading, I went to their Free page and there are 5 plugins that look interesting.

I transferred the installation folders to my recording drive, booted off that drive and attempted to install last night. I opened the Hammersmith installation folder and the first thing I double-clicked that looked like an installer brought up a prompt saying that it did not appear to be a complete installer.

I checked the SC Music Boxes folder and there was a file called "How to Install.url. Double-clicking that brought up a page on the SC website with instructions.

I haven't tried them yet but I did find them interesting. Note that you should also be able to use Kontakt Player, which is free. I'll try again this evening and post my results. I expect it to work fine, first time I've worked with something like this but I don't object to it at all. I like Native Access, it works well for me.

https://www.soniccouture.com/en/support/install-current/

1. Open NI Kontakt in standalone mode.

2. In the Libraries tab, click Manage Libraries (or Add Library in earlier versions)

3. Click Launch Native Access : Login or create an account if you don"t have one.

4. Click Add A Serial (find it in your SC account with the product download).

5. Copy and paste the number in the box and click Add Serial

6. Navigate to the Not Installed page, locate the product and click either Install or Add Library. (if 'Add Library' is displayed you will then need to navigate to the product folder on your hard drive).

NOTE: The login for NI Native Access is not the same as your login for the Soniccouture site. You must create an account with Native Instruments if you don"t already have one.

I'll try again this evening and post my experience.

This was a little odd to me too, but I followed the instructions and it worked fine. MacOS Big Sur.

Very nice sample set, even with the one mic position! I can't believe they gave it away.

Here for the gear.

This was a little odd to me too, but I followed the instructions and it worked fine. MacOS Big Sur.

Very nice sample set, even with the one mic position! I can't believe they gave it away.

Good to hear!

I don't expect to have any problems either.

I am wondering if the install is different for Windows users?

I've downloaded and played: 1st Bach partita and some Beethoven. I think I like it more than my Pianoteq, believe it or not. It's less bright and more rounded IMO and it has more nuances. I play it through my Yamaha disclavier acoustic piano, so the touch is perfect. Installation requires activation through NI, but it's not that complicated, just follow the steps.
Be grateful for what you've got - a Nord, a laptop and two hands

Thank you for posting this. I did download it & it installed easily through Native Access. While I was on the SC site I downloaded the Thunder Drum & it is pretty wild!
Kurzweil Forte 7, PC3, PC4, Hydrasynth, Kronos 61, UltraNova, Rhodes, Clavinet D6, MiniMoog, GSI Burn, ELX112Ps, SpaceStation, Assorted Weapons