Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

15 kinds of annoying pianists

CEB

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd seen the first video before. It's funny because it's true. At this point of my life, I'm the type who plays at 3 or 4 am....except I got a sound proof studio now. I've got kicked out of apartments a few times in the past though.

Is that a midi bar? Do you guys know what type it is?

www.youtube.com/c/InTheMixReviews

I'm guilty of #5 I like to practice late at night and I don't like headphones. I do switch to Rhodes sound and drop the volume so no complains, I'd say it's quieter than when I watch TV late at night.

I've always been a night owl luckily my parents were really sound sleeper and used to me playing music late into the night. What they didn't realize was how many people were coming in and out of the house after midnight. My bedrood was in the front of the house and my friends knew if the light was on I was up listening to music. So they would come tap on the window and I would let them in and close the door and be up playing records and talking music. I had a huge record collection so my place was the place everyone liked to hang out and talk music.

I'm at #16 now: The Guy who yells "WHAT IN THE F IS WRONG WITH YOU??" when anyone starts that crap. Putting food anywhere near the keys deserves a roundhouse slap.

Its even worse when someone pulls the synthesizer version on you, pecking out "Jump" or digging for patch cords while you simmer. :taz::facepalm:

"We're the crash test dummies of the digital age."
            ~ Kara Swisher, "Burn Book"

Where's Keith Jarrett humming Christmas tunes when I need it. Stupid search engine.

Humming?!?

My cat gets agitated when I play that stuff. She thinks it's the neighbor cat taking out a screech owl.

J  a  z  z  P i a n o 8 8

--

Yamaha C7D

Montage M8x | CP300 | CP4 | SK1-73 | OB6 | Seven

K8.2 | 3300 | CPSv.3

The most annoying piano player is the one who wants to play between sets at your solo gig. Even if they're super talented, it usually fails because they don't know how to play to the room. I try to be polite, but the honest statement would be "I don't have this gig because I'm more skilled than you, I've got it because I know how to play to this room."

Some just won't allow anyone near the keys between sets. I've always tried to be open-minded about it because once in awhile it can help create a party atmosphere, more drinks all around, etc. . .. more often if fails badly.

Gigging: Crumar Mojo 61, Hammond SKPro

Home: Vintage Vibe 64

Anyone whose Ego is bigger than their abilities.

Does this apply if you have a normal ego but really poor abilities? (Puts hand up)

Are you bragging about your normal ego again?

:nono:

Not anymore - you've just knocked me down a notch :D