Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Is KC access slow?

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Editing a reply is now the only thing that takes anything less than 20 seconds to a minute.

Yamaha: Motif XF8, MODX7, YS200, CVP-305, CLP-130, YPG-235, PSR-295, PSS-470 | Roland: Fantom 7, JV-1000

Kurzweil: PC3-76, PC4 (88) | Hammond: SK Pro 73 | Korg: Triton LE 76, N1R, X5DR | Emu: Proteus/1 | Casio: CT-370 | Novation: Launchkey 37 MK3 | Technics: WSA1R

Former: Emu Proformance Plus & Mo'Phatt, Korg Krome 61, Roland Fantom XR & JV-1010, Yamaha MX61, Behringer CAT

Assorted electric & acoustic guitars and electric basses | Roland TD-17 KVX | Alesis SamplePad Pro | Assorted organs, accordions, other instruments

Thinking out loud: Maybe think of offline storage; archive the threads that are 5 (you pick the number) years or older? The search engine could then point to current and archived data when doing searches, this would of course make searching time longer; non-searches would then only be impacted by 5 years of data rather than 20. I wouldn't think that "searching" threads is the major denomination of a users' time on the site. Food for thought.

57 Hammond B3; 69 Hammond L100P; 68 Leslie 122; Kurzweil Forte7 & PC3; M-Audio Code 61; Voce V5+; Neo Vent; EV ELX112P; GSI Gemini & Burn

Delaware Dave

Exit93band

Thinking out loud: Maybe think of offline storage; archive the threads that are 5 (you pick the number) years or older? The search engine could then point to current and archived data when doing searches, this would of course make searching time longer; non-searches would then only be impacted by 5 years of data rather than 20. I wouldn't think that "searching" threads is the major denomination of a users' time on the site. Food for thought.

Thanks, Dave. That's been suggested by Jim, and is one of the options we're discussing.

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Thanks, Dave. That's been suggested by Jim, and is one of the options we're discussing.

dB

I search a lot before starting topics, or when I"m researching something, but I use the old Google method (topic, site:) a lot. If I"m looking for topics on really old threads, the built-in search is much better and much more efficient though.

Yamaha: Motif XF8, MODX7, YS200, CVP-305, CLP-130, YPG-235, PSR-295, PSS-470 | Roland: Fantom 7, JV-1000

Kurzweil: PC3-76, PC4 (88) | Hammond: SK Pro 73 | Korg: Triton LE 76, N1R, X5DR | Emu: Proteus/1 | Casio: CT-370 | Novation: Launchkey 37 MK3 | Technics: WSA1R

Former: Emu Proformance Plus & Mo'Phatt, Korg Krome 61, Roland Fantom XR & JV-1010, Yamaha MX61, Behringer CAT

Assorted electric & acoustic guitars and electric basses | Roland TD-17 KVX | Alesis SamplePad Pro | Assorted organs, accordions, other instruments

• 3 weeks later...