Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Just Had Some Great News!

I've been unemployed since February

A week and a half ago I applied for what seemed like quite a unique job - the driver for a partially-sighted professional piano tuner

Attended an interview via Zoom on Friday and have just got off the phone having been told the job is mine and that I start on 4th Jan

I'm so relieved I can't tell you! Unemployment is horrible

Looks like I'll have a worry-free Christmas :)

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations, that's awesome!!!

I'm the president of the board of directors at my condo association. I went to a meeting with the new manager of the association management service we use and after we'd covered matters for our condo, she asked if I wanted to return (used to work there years ago) part time as maintenance coordinator. I did, started dipping my toes in back in October. Now I am up and running, have a company laptop and cell phone and do most of my work from home. Today I go out on location for a walk through on a painting contract. Weds. am I do another walkthrough for exterior grounds restoration. The work is rewarding and the money certainly comes in handy.

It never would have occurred to me to apply for work there, not in a million years.

Maybe you'll get to learn the trade as well and take over when he retires? That would be wonderful

It took a chunk of my life to get here and I am still not sure where "here" is.

Congratulations to you both!!!

I'm still unemployed, but making the most of it.

Working on developing new aftermarket styles for Band-in-a-Box, learning new songs for my duo, fixing the roof, and doing other maintenance on the house that I would have hired others to do if I wasn't unemployed.

I'm hoping the vaccine works and I'll get back to gigging next season.

Notes

Bob "Notes" Norton

Owner, Norton Music http://www.nortonmusic.com

Style and Fake disks for Band-in-a-Box

The Sophisticats http://www.s-cats.com >^. .^< >^. .^<

Great news, congratulations on being employed, I know it's been one of the most difficult situations that many have been faced with this year. I'm quite fortunate in that it's one of the few issues I haven't had to deal with and I know if it was it would cause me considerable stress.

That really is excellent news, maybe it will put your head back in a musical space again :) Sometimes all a car needs to get started is a charge to the battery! I've lost several gigs because of COVID, but it may have been a blessing in disguise because I'm working on a new business venture that looks promising. It's a cliche that everything happens for a reason, but sometimes it really does seem that way. Maybe your enforced time off will have benefits that become apparent in the future.

Maybe you'll get to learn the trade as well and take over when he retires? That would be wonderful

That's a really really great idea if the tuner is getting up there in years.