Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Let's hear it!!! Post your music here!

Second single off the upcoming album has dropped.

We figured it was a good idea to start with our cover version of 'Shout!' â the only cover we do â and here"s number two:

Skyline.

[video:youtube]

Second test take we did. We actually did some detailing in the arrangement after this and got a perfectly arranged take, but I knew we already had 'the' take when we"d played this one.

"The Angels of Libra are in the European vanguard of the [retro soul] movement" (Bill Buckley, Soul and Jazz and Funk)

The Drawbars | off jazz organ trio

Second single off the upcoming album has dropped. . . . We actually did some detailing in the arrangement after this and got a perfectly arranged take, but I knew we already had 'the' take when we"d played this one.
Awesome track! I really love the spacey breakdown in the middle. Perfect gritty organ tone, and the rhythm section is solid as a rock. The vibrato the bass player is throwing on the eighth note lines under your solo (when you start bending the pitch) is a subtle, inspired arrangement choice! Wasn't expecting his trippy envelope filter solo, and it was a great touch.

Samuel B. Lupowitz

Musician. Songwriter. Food Enthusiast. Bad Pun Aficionado.

Jammin"" with some friends on a tune by Charlie Parker called Relaxin" at Camarillo. There haven"t been many playing opportunities lately so it was great fun to play!

Lovely, tight, and (up to the fade) an air of relaxed restraint that I"m really digging.

"The Angels of Libra are in the European vanguard of the [retro soul] movement" (Bill Buckley, Soul and Jazz and Funk)

Great stuff here lately! Al, that was sublime, really. Good trio and I think your playing is top notch.

This is probably too subtle for this kind of exposure, but it sure sounds beautiful on headphones!

NOT LOST ANYMORE

https://soundcloud.com/doug-robinson-183506596/not-lost-anymore-final-mix-17

Doug Robinson

www.dougrobinson.com

Jammin"" with some friends on a tune by Charlie Parker called Relaxin" at Camarillo. There haven"t been many playing opportunities lately so it was great fun to play!

Very very classy. You guys are very talented. :) Thanks for sharing.

Thanks guys. I"m glad you like it!

Doug (Jazzooo), that was beautiful! I listened with headphones as you suggested and it was delightful. Thanks for your positive feedback.

Bif_, cool track! I have no constructive criticism to offer. Everything sounds right to me.

analogika, you guys sound great! I"m looking forward to hearing the album. Thanks for your positive feedback. I felt the 'relaxed restraint' as soon as the intro ended and we started playing the head; it was a pleasant surprise. Interestingly, pre-pandemic we would setup close to each other but now we"re setting up as far apart as possible. Because of the distance we have the need to use headphones (whereas we didn"t use them when we setup close). Since using headphones we"re able to play with a lighter touch which I think helps foster relaxed restraint, Also, the much dreaded drum bleed into the piano mics is now at a tolerable level.

My first time producing for other people :)

Franco-albertan winter seasonal album (some xmas tunes, but not all).

General streaming link and available most anywhere else. Believe a Bandcamp page will also be set up soon.

I produced tracks 2, 5, 7, and 9 and played some or all keyboards on tracks 2, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, and 9.

J'espère que vous aimez et que vous passez de belles fêtes pleines d'amour et de santé! :cheers::)

Al's touch is a thing of beauty! Love it!

I just stuck a ruff of something on Soundcloud to play for friend, so I might as well mention it here.

No chops as usual for me, but I had been listening to a little Joe Williams Christmas music and ended up putting some changes together. Noting else to do around here until the vaccine!

It's #2 on one of my Soundcloud pages (the one with the mighty Al Quinn's presence).

XmasInstRuff

Forbidden Myth is my new project. I work almost two years to a new epic rock concept album.

This is the main theme of the album.

Kurzweil K2661 + full options,iMac 27",Mac book white,Apogee Element 24 + Duet,Genelec 8030A,Strymon Lex + Flint,Hohner Pianet T,Radial Key-Largo,Kawai K5000W,Moog Minitaur,Yamaha Reface YC + CP, iPad 9th Gen, Arturia Beatstep + V Collection 9

https://antonisadelfidis.bandcamp.com

Forbidden Myth is my new project. I work almost two years to a new epic rock concept album.
I'm excited to hear more! You had me at "epic rock concept album." :wink:

Thanks!

By the end of month, I am planning to release the first single.

The whole album in March or April.

I will post it here and i hope that you will like it!

No guitar and bass, only keyboards, drums, theremin, vibradoneon and seven singers!

Kurzweil K2661 + full options,iMac 27",Mac book white,Apogee Element 24 + Duet,Genelec 8030A,Strymon Lex + Flint,Hohner Pianet T,Radial Key-Largo,Kawai K5000W,Moog Minitaur,Yamaha Reface YC + CP, iPad 9th Gen, Arturia Beatstep + V Collection 9

https://antonisadelfidis.bandcamp.com

A hobby of mine is reworking songs into alternate time signatures, usually 7/8, 9/8, 11/8, or 15/8 (or their 16th variations). I made a fairly quick holiday special video. This one's the old traditional Christmas carol "Sing We Now of Christmas", but in 7/8. The piano is kind of out of tune as it's one of the practice pianos at my college and they're always out of tune by the end of the semester. I didn't have a fancy recording setup with me at college, so the piano was just recorded using an iPad and an iPhone mic so it isn't perfect by any means. VIs are the rest.

Yamaha: Motif XF8, MODX7, YS200, CVP-305, CLP-130, YPG-235, PSR-295, PSS-470 | Roland: Fantom 7, JV-1000

Kurzweil: PC3-76, PC4 (88) | Hammond: SK Pro 73 | Korg: Triton LE 76, N1R, X5DR | Emu: Proteus/1 | Casio: CT-370 | Novation: Launchkey 37 MK3 | Technics: WSA1R

Former: Emu Proformance Plus & Mo'Phatt, Korg Krome 61, Roland Fantom XR & JV-1010, Yamaha MX61, Behringer CAT

Assorted electric & acoustic guitars and electric basses | Roland TD-17 KVX | Alesis SamplePad Pro | Assorted organs, accordions, other instruments

Got one more new tune from Noon Fifteen for the year, and another interactive video you can swipe around in. Something a little gentler for the season. Hope you enjoy!

Mixerman on the bookshelf! :-)