Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Your Latest Purchase (music related)

sm 7b & K&M 18806 keyboard stand trolley

If you don't have one already, treat yourself to a Cloudlifter. It will transform that SM7, you'll love it. The CL-1 will get you there.

I got one and it changed all of my dynamic mics (and one ribbon mic) in ways that made me really happy.

It took a chunk of my life to get here and I am still not sure where "here" is.

:thu: Hey Kuru! I got a Radial McBoost just before I bought the Shure!!

Nice, I haven't tried that one but Radial makes great kit.

A friend swears by the Soyuz Launcher too. It's more of a character piece but he loves the character.

My final Black Friday/Cyber Monday tally:

- Numark Mixtrack Platinum FX DJ controller (I have needed a DJ controller for years, kind of surprised how far I have been able to go with internal playing, looking forward to improving my game)

- Brainworx SSL 4000 G

- Brainworx bx_masterdesk

- Samples From Mars â everything from this year (including the Wendel and TOM libraries)

- Sony ZV-1 (my YouTube video quality needs some love)

- Audio-Technica AT2020PK (I needed a mic stand, and this one happens to come with a mic too!)

My Site

Nord Electro 5D, Novation Launchkey 61, Logic Pro X, Mainstage 3, lots of plugins, fingers, pencil, paper.

Pulled the trigger on Izotope Breaktweaker and Iris 2. Installing sound libraries as I type this. Total for both was a tweak over $20 with tax, they are probably about to do an update since the list prices are $249 and $149 = $400. About a 95% discount if my do it in the head math holds up.

I've got a metapop remix that needs messing with, I may just try to do it with both of these and call it good.

Leslie 145 from 1966, Leslie 122 from 1963 and Leslie 147 RV from 1974.

Jeez, not a bad weekend.

I saw a pic of his 122 from 1963. Cleanest one I've ever seen. Looks brand new.

Oh speaking of latest music purchases, I bought a really clean Leslie 760 last weekend from him. Later I found that the Jensen upper driver had been replaced with a 60w University Sound driver which is supposed to be bullet proof. I'll NEVER come close to that 60w limit on the upper horn, but it's nice not having to worry about blowing it.

The clean Leslie is destined for the band practice room, I have another 760 I use for gigging. The gigging Leslie already has a rugged EVM bass speaker, so I'm swapping out the upper drivers & putting the high power University Sound driver in there. Then I'll have an indestructible Leslie for the stage. :keynana:

8DIO Century Artisan Brass: Cimbassos and two Roland Black Series XLR 20' cables.

Yamaha: Motif XF8, MODX7, YS200, CVP-305, CLP-130, YPG-235, PSR-295, PSS-470 | Roland: Fantom 7, JV-1000

Kurzweil: PC3-76, PC4 (88) | Hammond: SK Pro 73 | Korg: Triton LE 76, N1R, X5DR | Emu: Proteus/1 | Casio: CT-370 | Novation: Launchkey 37 MK3 | Technics: WSA1R

Former: Emu Proformance Plus & Mo'Phatt, Korg Krome 61, Roland Fantom XR & JV-1010, Yamaha MX61, Behringer CAT

Assorted electric & acoustic guitars and electric basses | Roland TD-17 KVX | Alesis SamplePad Pro | Assorted organs, accordions, other instruments

Seeing how I didn't win the Sweetwater Wish List giveaway :D I sprung for the Omnisphere 2 upgrade and Neoverb, after picking up Discovery Pro for cheap. Hardware-wise the Launchkey Mk3 61 has taken over controller duties for the moment. Really great driver for Ableton with only a few missed opportunities.
I make software noises.

Moog Matriarch

It was inevitable after Mark invited us to his place during the Before Times to mess with it in person. Used the 10% off code at Detroit Modular. They were polite enough to call me to let me know it won't ship on Thanksgiving but the day after.

Nice! I think you will be extremely :ohmy:. Check out Chonky, an editor that takes out the frustration behind all the hidden global parameters. I got to beta test it. The developer is super cool and open to suggestions.

Moog Matriarch

It was inevitable after Mark invited us to his place during the Before Times to mess with it in person. Used the 10% off code at Detroit Modular. They were polite enough to call me to let me know it won't ship on Thanksgiving but the day after.

Nice! I think you will be extremely :ohmy:. Check out Chonky, an editor that takes out the frustration behind all the hidden global parameters. I got to beta test it. The developer is super cool and open to suggestions.

Thanks for the tip re: Chonky! I guess I'll have to install it on my work laptop because that's the Windows one (don't tell my boss!) but since it's donationware I can't complain too much.

Will probably unbox the Matriarch this weekend since it arrived just yesterday and I'm getting to know my other new synth - the Pro-1 clone.

Another humble safety HD, so that I can make yet another bootable backup. I trust flash drives through experience over time, but I still believe in wearing 4 belts and 5 pairs of suspenders. An electro-magnetic "F YOU!" is a most bitter F You. :wah::crazy:

"I like that rapper with the bullet in his nose!"
 "Yeah, Bulletnose! One sneeze and the whole place goes up!"
       ~ "King of the Hill"

Picked up some instructionals from GospelMusicians Black Friday sale before the deadline last night. Started going through the Neo-Soul Fundamentals one. It's kinda neat that back in the 90s, somebody thought of sampling a minor 9th chord manually played on a keyboard - probably a Korg M1 or Triton - and that led to a lot of dance music built on minor 9th chords, which led back to keyboardists playing these same chords in real time.

All part of the plan to up my keyboard skills to use the Matriarch more effectively.

Ever since I got my RC-3 loopstation, my dad (who plays guitar and bass at a ridiculous level) has been really interested in them, so I got my family to pitch in and we bought him the new version of it, the RC-5.

Unfortunately, we were trying to jam with it last week and--while we were admittedly somewhat intoxicated--we found it significantly less intuitive than the RC-3. My dad is in his upper 60s with poor vision and is somewhat technology averse, so I was really disheartened when I realized how complicated the RC-5 control scheme is and how dependent it is on the 1 inch screen. It's hard to explain, but there's such a thing as trying to pack too many unnecessary features into a pedal. The older RC-3 strikes a near perfect balance of features versus ease of use.

I guess at the end of the day, we can swap pedals if necessary.

Something to keep in mind if anyone is looking at Boss loopstation pedals.

rol-rc5_top.jpg

Keyboards: Nord Electro 6D 73, Korg SV-1 88, Minilogue XD, Yamaha YPG-625

Bonus: Boss RC-3 Loopstation

H9 Max owners can use the algorithm-sharing function to share algorithms with up to 3 H9 Core units, if memory serves. So basically for the price of one H9 Max and 3 H9 Cores, you could potentially have 4 H9 Max's. I dunno if I'd buy 3 Cores but I'd like to add at least one Core to share with my H9 Max.
I ordered a Core to add to my current H9 Core, and will do a 2:1 Max Out. Though most of the algorithms are single effects, there are now several multi-effect algorithms. Add in the free software package and it is a great deal.
Today I realized it would be cheaper to buy an H9 Max, then to buy a Core and Max Out the algorithms separately thru Eventide. Just sayin'...

Bought this SSL 2+ USB Audio Interface on a Black Friday sale from GC. Includes Pro Tools|First, Ableton Lite, SSL plugins, and more.

ssl2_plus_test__00.jpg

SSL-2+---Rear-trans-back.jpg

Also got this a few months ago to use for repairing music gear. Dual trace 200Mhz scope at a fraction of the price of the HP and Tektronix scopes I used at work in the 80s.

DS1202Z-E_front_angle_left.jpg

C3/122, M102A, Vox V301H, Farfisa Compact, Gibson G101, GEM P, RMI 300A, Piano Bass, Pianet , Prophet 5 rev. 2, Pro-One, Matrix 12, OB8, Korg MS20, Jupiter 6, Juno 60, PX-5S, Nord Stage 3 Compact

Since springing for custom ear bugs a couple years ago, I have been developing Eczema in both ears and the customs are no longer sealing well. So I took advantage of a black Friday sale and picked up these thingies. The sound is awesome!

Westone UM Pro 50 v2

UMPro50v2_xlarge.jpg

~ vonnor

Gear:

Hardware: Nord Stage3, Korg Kronos 2, Novation Summit

Software: Cantabile 3, Halion Sonic 3 and assorted VST plug-ins.

• 2 weeks later...

• AKG K275 Closed-back Foldable Studio Headphones - needed some closed-back phones for stage usage.
  • Nektar MIDIFLEX4 USB MIDI Interface - works with iOS, Mac, and PC
  • JBL LSR305P MkII 5-inch Studio Monitors (pair)
  • Gator Frameworks GFW-SPK-SM50 Studio Monitor Stands + Iso Pads
  • PreSonus PM-2 Small-Diaphragm Condenser Microphone Matched Pair
  • Mutec FMC-07 2GB Flash Board for Yamaha Motif XF

Back from the west - time for some fun. :D:w00t:

9-C9-D1491-FC5-A-4147-9055-3-E1-B2-E7-A41-AF.jpg

Yamaha: Motif XF8, MODX7, YS200, CVP-305, CLP-130, YPG-235, PSR-295, PSS-470 | Roland: Fantom 7, JV-1000

Kurzweil: PC3-76, PC4 (88) | Hammond: SK Pro 73 | Korg: Triton LE 76, N1R, X5DR | Emu: Proteus/1 | Casio: CT-370 | Novation: Launchkey 37 MK3 | Technics: WSA1R

Former: Emu Proformance Plus & Mo'Phatt, Korg Krome 61, Roland Fantom XR & JV-1010, Yamaha MX61, Behringer CAT

Assorted electric & acoustic guitars and electric basses | Roland TD-17 KVX | Alesis SamplePad Pro | Assorted organs, accordions, other instruments

Nice toys, Sir Max - enjoy!

In the last couple of weeks I found a Latin Percussion cajon and a Remo Dumbek at thrift stores for a total of around $30. Both sound great, good stuff to have around for a small home studio.

Bought parts from Thomann to go to three tiers on my 18950 stand at home.

I know it's not really designed for this as the adjustment is at the limit for

height, and the third level is back past the stand itself. It works, and is very solid, but I will have to

be careful not to put too much weight back there.

K1WspRvt_o.jpg

GNjJ3AvM_o.jpg

"I  cried when I wrote this song
Sue me if I play too long"

Walter Becker Donald Fagan 1977 Deacon Blues

MXL 10006 BP cardioid condenser mic. Introduced in 2002, BP stands for Battery Power. $24 at the thrift store with the case, mount and a nice mic cable.

Thinking of using it for a "donor mic" and upgrading the boards and maybe the capsule. Microphone Parts has some interesting options.