Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

IK Multimedia Leslie (T-Racks) Not Working - Thoughts?

I just bought the T-Racks version of IK Multimedia's leslie after some discussion on another thread flagging that it was on sale (and how good it sounded). I need to track some organ from home today and I just don't think the Mojo 61 leslie comes off as well as I'd like in these quarantine recording projects. In other words, I want to run the Mojo organ audio through the IK leslie on Ableton via T-Racks 5 CS via my Komplete Audio 6 interface. Problem is, when I open the IK leslie plugin in Ableton Live Lite, it does not pop up and instead appears as a black box (see the picture attached). When I try to instead open the leslie through a plugin called "T-Racks Suite," it works in terms of the sound (I can hear the Mojo tone with the IK leslie sim effect on slow), but again, I have no control over the settings and the area where I should be seeing the leslie software just shows a black box (see other attached picture).

Shot in the dark here on such a specific problem, but anyone have any thoughts on how to fix this? I've uninstalled and reinstalled all of the software mentioned above and put a ticket in with IK Multimedia. Just figured I'd check with folks on here, too!

Noah

1584.thumb.png.64404230532f0f84a89435085f3ad05f.png

1585.thumb.png.2702db9f70cf8fdafad59021c205660f.png

Numa X Piano 73 | Yamaha CP4 | Mojo 61 | Motion Sound KP-612s | Hammond M3

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Windows 10 on a Lenovo Thinkpad X220 i5 processor with 8 GB. I'm not very experienced with recording plugins through the DAW so I'm very open to this all just being a computer user error on my end! The strange thing is that I am definitely getting the leslie effect - the Mojo sim is off and I can hear the IK horn simulator on slow. I just can't see or use any of the plugin controls, which of course makes the software unusable since I can't switch the leslie to fast.

What computer do you have and what version of the operating system are you running?

A great first question!

Also, what is the sequence for uninstalling/reinstalling your software?

Sometimes we must "nuke and pave" but the order of installation can make a difference.

I would recommend uninstalling everything using the software's uninstaller if possible. Then I would re-install all plugins, then any software intended to support your interface. Finally, I would install the DAW and have it scan for plugins.

Then, I would shut the computer completely off, let it sit for a minute and start it back up again. Re-scan for plugins.

Are you recording with the Leslie on going in? I have the TrackS Leslie and I prefer the sound of it when run in parallel. Record your track without it, select that track, copy and paste the sound clip into another track and drop the Leslie into that track. Modulation effects sound "bigger" if they are beating against an unaffected track.

It took a chunk of my life to get here and I am still not sure where "here" is.

Hey thanks for these responses! To get at the comments about the drivers or system compatibility, I'm trying to install the same software and plugins on an older Surface Pro to see if that solves it.

KuruPrionz, I did uninstall using the software and reinstalled in the order you suggested, although there is no separate plug-in installer for the IK leslie itself - it is allegedly "contained" within the T-Racks 5 CS installation - so perhaps the issue lies there. Regardless, I'll follow your suggested order as I retry this on my Surface.

To the question how I was planning to record, yes, I was planning on running the leslie going in so I could better capture the slow/fast switches in real time. I am not clever enough to understand how I'd drop my pre-recorded track into the effect plugin and still get the fast/slow switching in the places I'd like it. That said, I think that might be a good option for songs where I don't do much switching if I can't get the software and running visually but I can get at least get the MIDI changes recorded and implemented after the fact.

Will keep messing with it...

Hey thanks for these responses! To get at the comments about the drivers or system compatibility, I'm trying to install the same software and plugins on an older Surface Pro to see if that solves it.

KuruPrionz, I did uninstall using the software and reinstalled in the order you suggested, although there is no separate plug-in installer for the IK leslie itself - it is allegedly "contained" within the T-Racks 5 CS installation - so perhaps the issue lies there. Regardless, I'll follow your suggested order as I retry this on my Surface.

To the question how I was planning to record, yes, I was planning on running the leslie going in so I could better capture the slow/fast switches in real time. I am not clever enough to understand how I'd drop my pre-recorded track into the effect plugin and still get the fast/slow switching in the places I'd like it. That said, I think that might be a good option for songs where I don't do much switching if I can't get the software and running visually but I can get at least get the MIDI changes recorded and implemented after the fact.

Will keep messing with it...

Weird. Mac or Windows?

I'm using the Leslie on a Mac and one of the reasons I chose the TrackS version over the Amplitube version is that all of my TrackS plugins can be used as stand-alones. I've often just dragged the Leslie into a track without having to deal with TrackS. I like that.

Amplitube keeps all of it's plugins bundled up and you can only access by dropping Amplitube into the DAW. Same with SampleTank although the interface for selecting the specific sound you want in SampleTank is much better than either Amplitube or TrackS. All one company but a bit of a jumble and they keep going for the package deal with that new Mixbox thingie. Ugh.

Windows. I might just be referring to how the IK program manager sets you up to download the plug-ins - it could very well be that what you're saying is correct in how they're used.

I found a workaround for today's recording by assigning the fast/slow switch to a key on my computer keyboard. I still can't "see" the plugin (i.e. the leslie graphics or any of the settings), but at least I seem to be able to use the presets and to change the fast/slow. Still open to anyone else's thoughts on how to troubleshoot! I will report back if I hear anything from IK support. Thanks, everyone! Appreciate folks sharing wisdom on this stuff.

For what it's worth, right now I'm running Mojo 61 stereo (leslie sim off) --> Speakeasy stereo preamp --> IK leslie and it sounds real good to my ears..

I can bumble about in Windows, have used it at work for many years but many years ago. I am now getting up to speed on Windows 10 but I am far from being able to advise or propose a solution.

I will confirm that I do really like the IK Leslie sim and it is usable on much more than keyboards. They did a great job with it.

Quick update here. I heard back from IK Multimedia about my ticket (very responsive customer support, to be honest). I told them I was running Windows 10 on a computer with the Intel HD Graphics 3000 video card, and their response below is, essentially, that the IK T-Tracks Leslie doesn't show up on my computer screen because Intel hasn't updated the drivers for that card to be fully Windows 10 compatible. If true - and it could well be - it is a very strange outcome that the only graphics issue I have with any VST (or any software, really) is with the T-Racks Leslie. But it is what it is. Lesson seems to be: if you have a computer with this older graphics card, do not buy IK T-Racks Leslie plug-in!

Looking deeper into this, we did find some information which might help you move forward. It looks like the drivers for your GPU are not fully Windows 10 compatible. From what we're seeing online, this can great affect performance. It seems Intel dropped support at Windows 8.1.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/81500/Intel-HD-Graphics-3000

Digging deeper this is what we found for other online users in regards to programs using Open GL and other similar systems on Windows 10. With this information it would be best to contact Intel, the GPU manufacturer to see what could be done here. If they plan on updating the drivers of this card for Windows 10 full compatibility or if they have any other solutions.

https://helpcenter.steinberg.de/hc/en-us/articles/360001589520-Cubase-10-HiDPI-support-on-Windows-10