Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Prophet 08 ???

Hey all:

I have an opportunity to pick up a used Prophet 08 for a stupidly low price. I've spent time with it at a local shop and I can't find anything wrong with it.

For those in the know, are there any specific things I should check? It's clean, all note works, and all knobs function.

Thanks in advance

David

Gig Rig:Depends on the day :thu:

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Modulation matrix is cool. In unison it cuts well. I like it but others think it"s too harsh. I like it rough. ð

"It doesn't have to be difficult to be cool" - Mitch Towne

"A great musician can bring tears to your eyes!!!

So can a auto Mechanic." - Stokes Hunt

It's basically the analog half of a Poly Evolver.

Believe it our not, calling it a Prophet 08 was my idea (eight voices, came out in '08). It was the first DSI synth called Prophet - I was pushing Dave to acknowledged the connection to his history and emphasize the Curtis chip thing, which he had been trying to avoid with the Evolvers. I wrote some of the original factory programs for it - still have serial number 00002.

I found it to be a capable, satisfactory polysynth..but not terribly exciting. :idk::hider:

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

They're being dumped right now as people rush off to buy reissue P5s... not the greatest synth Dave ever designed, but depending on what "stupidly low" is, it could actually be a real bargain.

Dr. Mike Metlay (PhD in nuclear physics, golly gosh) :D

Musician, Author, Editor, Educator, Impresario, Online Radio Guy, Cut-Rate Polymath, and Kindly Pedant

Editor-in-Chief, Bjooks ~ Author of SYNTH GEMS 1

clicky!:  more about me ~ my radio station (and my fam) ~ my local tribe ~ my day job ~ my bookmy music