Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

I just donated my Layla 24/96 interface to Good Will

I really liked that Layla, it worked flawlessly for many-many years. Several years back the DAW with the PCI slots gave up it's ghost. And I have been contemplating getting an external PCI slot rig to use it.

I do have a newer USB Presonus interlace that I am using on my half baked windows 10 DAW which works fairly well, so off to Good Will the Layla went. Boo hoo hoo.....

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I see all sorts of obsolete digital recording gear at the thrift stores, you are not alone.

I forget what it was but I recently saw something that looked interesting but it was Firewire 400, pretty 2006-ish.

FWIW, Waveform Free is a really nice and easy to use DAW that is 100% free. Go to www.tracktion.com, click on the products tab at the top, scroll down to the free products tab and grab a copy. Even if you dislike it you can just delete it. They'll get your email but they don't send much, just sales about 4-6 times a year.

It took a chunk of my life to get here and I am still not sure where "here" is.

@Kuru. I am using Sonar Producer 8.5.3. I still have the DVD's to load that on any Windows computer (I like using this old recording app because I have literally 50 mixes that I did on Sonar that will only open in Sonar). I can also use the Studio One recording app from PreSonus. I have the Studio 68 USB Audio Interface as my new go to interface. It works well with Sonar.

@Kuru. I am using Sonar Producer 8.5.3. I still have the DVD's to load that on any Windows computer (I like using this old recording app because I have literally 50 mixes that I did on Sonar that will only open in Sonar). I can also use the Studio One recording app from PreSonus. I have the Studio 68 USB Audio Interface as my new go to interface. It works well with Sonar.

Sounds like you are up and running DBM, that's all anybody needs.

It took a chunk of my life to get here and I am still not sure where "here" is.