Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Yonac's Tonestack Leslie Simulator on iPad

To B3

As I said on the lower tier leslie simulators thread, I've been experimenting with my Korg CX3 and Yonac's leslie sim on iPad (it's the Lester 147a, that you have to purchase inside the app as "extra", for very cheap). I have to say it surprised me, at leas for rock/blues, as I tend to go for the Gregg Rollie/Ian McLagan kind of sounds. Recorded directly to the Tonestack Go app with a simple audio and midi interface . Mapped the leslie fast/slow into the CX3 buttons and voilá. Got a pretty respectable leslie sim for basically no $. Probably not at the same level of the top contenders, but sounded better than anything I could get from the CX internally.

Leslie simulation, overdrive, reverb and the delay you hear all are from the Tonestack. Got a pretty good wah that was mapped to the expression pedal too (not on the files).

Let me know what you guys think (never mind the nonsense noodling):

My drawbars go to eleven.

Gear: Roland VR-09, Nord Electro 2 61, Korg CX-3. Hear my music: facebook.com/smokestoneband

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Tonestack is a crazy good app, well worth the few dollars it costs. It's my favorite app for processing guitars through iOS when I do so.

Dr. Mike Metlay (PhD in nuclear physics, golly gosh) :D

Musician, Author, Editor, Educator, Impresario, Online Radio Guy, Cut-Rate Polymath, and Kindly Pedant

Editor-in-Chief, Bjooks ~ Author of SYNTH GEMS 1

clicky!:  more about me ~ my radio station (and my fam) ~ my local tribe ~ my day job ~ my bookmy music

Uploaded one more file, comparing the CX3 leslie simulation and drive with the Tonestack leslie simulation and drive. So, guess who is who (i think it's not hard to figure) and let me know what you think and who wins in your opinion:

My drawbars go to eleven.

Gear: Roland VR-09, Nord Electro 2 61, Korg CX-3. Hear my music: facebook.com/smokestoneband

Uploaded one more file, comparing the CX3 leslie simulation and drive with the Tonestack leslie simulation and drive. So, guess who is who (i think it's not hard to figure) and let me know what you think and who wins in your opinion

I preferred the rotary effect of the first (e.g. the distinct separate acceleration of the two drivers), but preferred the tone of the second.

Maybe this is the best place for a shameless plug! Our now not-so-new new video at https://youtu.be/3ZRC3b4p4EI is a 40 minute adaptation of T. S. Eliot's "Prufrock" - check it out! And hopefully I'll have something new here this year. ;-)