Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Black Friday sales

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm in plugin-grab mode. I don't feel I'm alone in saying it is a dangerous time--you can easily start buying a bunch of things you don't need at all (for instance, how many compressor plugins do I need? Considering I have the ones in Logic, that answer is really zero or close to it.) Kontakt increases the danger ten fold.

That said, there really are some great deals out there. I look for quality plugins that don't break the bank. Manufactures like Boz, Tokyo Dawn Labs, Black Rooster etc all have really nice sales going on. Plugin Alliance has their "buy anything for 29 bucks", so for synths that would be Thorn or BX Oberhausen among others. Izotope is selling R4 for 29 bucks and Phoenix verb for 9.99, I picked up both of those and REALLY love R4 (very much a vintage lexicon sound).

If you're looking for near field monitor speakers, iLoud Micro Monitors and JBL 305P are both on sale for <$200/pr (both originally around $300). The iLoud is at least at Sweetwater and Sam Ash, the JBLs are at least at Guitar Center and Pro Audio Star. I haven't heard the iLouds, but by reputation, both are good, JBL better, but iLoud smaller and more flexible in placement (due to front porting and an EQ switch to compensate for the boundary if used on a desk).

Maybe this is the best place for a shameless plug! Our now not-so-new new video at https://youtu.be/3ZRC3b4p4EI is a 40 minute adaptation of T. S. Eliot's "Prufrock" - check it out! And hopefully I'll have something new here this year. ;-)

Plugin Boutique is where I got them. It's possible (but I would think unlikely) that they are no longer for sale today.

You also get a choice of plugins (one is Eventide quadravox) if you buy anything (or at least you did yesterday!)

DJTechTools has the a lot of their stuff on sale... the MIDI Fighter Twister looks especially cool. Also a source for colored knobs and the like.

Maybe this is the best place for a shameless plug! Our now not-so-new new video at https://youtu.be/3ZRC3b4p4EI is a 40 minute adaptation of T. S. Eliot's "Prufrock" - check it out! And hopefully I'll have something new here this year. ;-)

DJTechTools has the a lot of their stuff on sale... the MIDI Fighter Twister looks especially cool. Also a source for colored knobs and the like.

Really good customer service and responsive through chat. Also some of the proceeds from the sale benefit music venues.

I ordered a Keystep 37 and MIDI Fighter Twister for use with iPad apps from them, and will probably hit them up again for cables.

My Music Masterclass has a 10% off sitewide sale on all coure bundles. This is the keyboard section - some big-name instructors include Mike Garson, Andy Laverne, Larry Goldings, Russell Ferrante, Kenny Werner, Jeff Lorber

https://www.mymusicmasterclass.com/product-category/videos/keyboards/

I like their classes and the Russell Ferrante videos are real good and I like the Kenny Werner videos too.

My Music Masterclass has a 10% off sitewide sale on all coure bundles. This is the keyboard section - some big-name instructors include Mike Garson, Andy Laverne, Larry Goldings, Russell Ferrante, Kenny Werner, Jeff Lorber

I like their classes and the Russell Ferrante videos are real good and I like the Kenny Werner videos too.

Cool, I might go for Ferrante's piano masterclass. Thinking of the Eddie Brown bundle too even though I don't have a B3 or anything close.

Geat videos. The Brian Charette vid from a few years ago is bomb.

Kawai C-60 Grand Piano : Hammond A-100 : Hammond SK2 : Yamaha CP4 : Yamaha Montage 7 : Moog Sub 37

My latest album: Funky organ, huge horn section

https://bobbycressey.bandcamp.com/album/cali-native

Whoever "invented" the black friday sale for stuff that you buy for yourself was a genius. The low price. The limited time. A Killer combo. I just bought the Izotope R4 Reverb for a great price, went through all the annoying iLok stuff, tried it on some stuff, and⦠meh. It's not that it's bad. It's just not any better than what I've already got (including Logic's built-in Space Designer and Chromaverb). When will I learn?!?!?

Solid State Logic is not known for products that mere mortals can afford. I recently became aware of the SSL 2 and SSL 2+ USB audio interfaces and placed an order yesterday. The price on these is affordable even without discounting. Right now a couple of retailers (GC and PAS) are offering 15% off through the end of November. Through the end of December SSL is including DSP plugins valued at over $800 plus 6 months trial on all other SSL plugins. Also included is Avid Pro Tools First with SSL AAX plugins, Ableton Live Lite, Native Instruments Hybrid Keys & Komplete Start, and 1.5GB of samples from Loopcloud. Class Compliant on Mac but drivers needed for Windows.

ssl2_plus_test__00.jpg

[video:youtube]

C3/122, M102A, Vox V301H, Farfisa Compact, Gibson G101, GEM P, RMI 300A, Piano Bass, Pianet , Prophet 5 rev. 2, Pro-One, Matrix 12, OB8, Korg MS20, Jupiter 6, Juno 60, PX-5S, Nord Stage 3 Compact

I heard something funny tonight from a Brazilian musician who lives in the States (Romero Lubambo). In Brazil they of course don't celebrate Thanksgiving, that's a U. S. thing. But they do have Black Friday sales, and most Brazilians have no idea why! :roll: Romero has been explaining where it comes from to his fellow Brazilians. :D

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

Yeah, I don't usually but this year I helped do my part for the job market with keeping people working somewhere lol.

Native Instruments has a bunch of things 50% off. Kontakt 6 is $199.

Addictive Drums (and a bunch of other XLN Audio stuff) is marked down to $89, or $79 at AudioDeluxe. My absolute favorite drum software for realism.

PluginBoutique has some iZotope and Exponential Audio stuff on sale - picked up PhoenixVerb for $9.99.

GospelMusicians has a bunch of stuff on sale as well - I picked up their entire acoustic piano library for the Yamaha Motif at 50% off, but they have a lot of other things up to 50% off too.

Sweetwater has a bunch of things marked down if you're looking for those certain things. I picked up a pair of those JBL LSR305p MKII monitors mentioned earlier for $198 plus tax ($99 each). Also a matched pair of Presonus SDC mics for $99, which have pretty good reviews all around. Assorted headphones and a lot of AKG stuff is marked down too.

Eastwest has a big sale going on as per usual on Black Friday/Cyber Monday.

8DIO has a 55% off sale on *everything* but their new Studio Solo Strings, Fire Trombone, and Prophet X/XL (lol). That brings their $198 libraries down to $66. :)

Yamaha: Motif XF8, MODX7, YS200, CVP-305, CLP-130, YPG-235, PSR-295, PSS-470 | Roland: Fantom 7, JV-1000

Kurzweil: PC3-76, PC4 (88) | Hammond: SK Pro 73 | Korg: Triton LE 76, N1R, X5DR | Emu: Proteus/1 | Casio: CT-370 | Novation: Launchkey 37 MK3 | Technics: WSA1R

Former: Emu Proformance Plus & Mo'Phatt, Korg Krome 61, Roland Fantom XR & JV-1010, Yamaha MX61, Behringer CAT

Assorted electric & acoustic guitars and electric basses | Roland TD-17 KVX | Alesis SamplePad Pro | Assorted organs, accordions, other instruments

Embertone also has a nice sale.

Yamaha: Motif XF8, MODX7, YS200, CVP-305, CLP-130, YPG-235, PSR-295, PSS-470 | Roland: Fantom 7, JV-1000

Kurzweil: PC3-76, PC4 (88) | Hammond: SK Pro 73 | Korg: Triton LE 76, N1R, X5DR | Emu: Proteus/1 | Casio: CT-370 | Novation: Launchkey 37 MK3 | Technics: WSA1R

Former: Emu Proformance Plus & Mo'Phatt, Korg Krome 61, Roland Fantom XR & JV-1010, Yamaha MX61, Behringer CAT

Assorted electric & acoustic guitars and electric basses | Roland TD-17 KVX | Alesis SamplePad Pro | Assorted organs, accordions, other instruments

Anyone spot any good deals? I'll start - Vintage Vibe is having its annual Black Friday sale, and I think it is their best sale ever. 25% off basically all parts in stock. 20% off Deluxe Vintage Vibe pianos.

And don't forget Pianoteq (not affiliated)

All types of Black Friday sales on their site AND Pianoteq 7 is out now as most know I would think I just downloaded it. I ran it on a tablet. (Pro version) An HP Elite X2 1012 G2 with a VP1 with an i5. Pianoteq ran effortlessly and I played some very, very fast phrases trying to get audio errors and pops - none. (and this isn't the newest model the latest G4 is quad-core) (this HP is like a Surface Pro except it has a flash like an iPad). The HP comes apart in minutes with fasteners to put in a larger SSD or change the battery, broken screen, etc. I will put a TB SSD in soon. The HP runs better with an i5 than my Surface Pro (running Pianoteq) does with an i7 and twice the memory. The SP does run any large sampled pianos effortlessly though with very low CPU percentage (so does the HP)

WH