Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Happy Birthday ProfD

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Brotha Dave, thanks for getting the b'day started early. :laugh::thu:

WFT kicked azz yesterday. Made my T'Day celebration complete. 2-0 against the Cowbums this season is our Super Bowl.

:rawk:

Brotha Joe, my b'day is actually today (27th) so you're right on time. :)

Thanks to all my KC brethren for the b'day wishes. I have a blast hanging out here. Thanks to each and every one of you for allowing me to write whatever I'm thinking and reading it. :D

This year ended on a bittersweet note as a loved one passed away last month. But, as I'm eternally optimistic in life, I continue pressing toward the mark of the higher calling.

Thankfully, music is my opiate. As long as I can sit down or stand up and play a KB, that makes everything all right.:cool:

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

Happy Birthday Brotha D. So HOW OLD ARE YOU NOW?

When you cross 70 you stop counting! You've got a LONG WAY to go.

Cheers!

Mike T.

Yamaha Motif ES8, Alesis Ion, Prophet 5 Rev 3.2, 1979 Rhodes Mark 1 Suitcase 73 Piano, Arp Odyssey Md III, Roland R-70 Drum Machine, Digitech Vocalist Live Pro. Roland Boss Chorus Ensemble CE-1.

Happy Birthday ProfD. Here's to many more!

Hardware:
Yamaha
: MODX7 | Korg: Kronos 88, Wavestate | ASM: Hydrasynth Deluxe | Roland: Jupiter-Xm, Cloud Pro, TD-9K V-Drums | Alesis: StrikePad Pro|
Behringer: Crave, Poly D, XR-18, RX1602 | CPS: SpaceStation SSv2 | 
Controllers: ROLI RISE 49 | Arturia KeyLab Essentials 88, KeyLab 61, MiniLab | M-Audio KeyStation 88 & 49 | Akai EWI USB |
Novation LaunchPad Mini, |
Guitars & Such: Line 6 Variax, Helix LT, POD X3 Live, Martin Acoustic, DG Strat Copy, LP Sunburst Copy, Natural Tele Copy|
Squier Precision 5-String Bass | Mandolin | Banjo | Ukulele

Software:
Recording
: MacBook Pro | Mac Mini | Logic Pro X | Mainstage | Cubase Pro 12 | Ableton Live 11 | Monitors: M-Audio BX8 | Presonus Eris 3.5BT Monitors | Slate Digital VSX Headphones & ML-1 Mic | Behringer XR-18 & RX1602 Mixers | Beyerdynamics DT-770 & DT-240
Arturia: V-Collection 9 | Native Instruments: Komplete 1 Standard | Spectrasonics: Omnisphere 2, Keyscape, Trilian | Korg: Legacy Collection 4 | Roland: Cloud Pro | GForce: Most all of their plugins | u-he: Diva, Hive 2, Repro, Zebra Legacy | AAS: Most of their VSTs |
IK Multimedia: SampleTank 4 Max, Sonik Synth, MODO Drums & Bass | Cherry Audio: Most of their VSTs |

I sent you a "Happy Birthday" text, but you were probably too busy partying to see it. :cheers:

Anyway, after this Covid stuff has gone away, I want to get up to DC again and go out to dinner (again) and drink waaay too many beers (again) and...

spend too many hours to count at Chuck Levin's Washington Music Center playing every damn keyboard they've got on display...

Again.

I am guessing that you have no reason :love: to get back down this way so we can go to Durham (again) and have lunch (again) and consume waaay too many beers... (again).

And I guess any scheduling of another MAKCFH in Richmond won't happen anytime soon. Those were so much fun. More fun than the law allows for a few of us.

(Don't mess with me, I've got PICTURES!) :pics:

https://forums.musicplayer.com/ubbthreads.php/topics/1813885

And I've also got audio from one or two of 'em...

BluesKeys drove us there one time in his Miata.

No, he shouldn't have. Not on the way up. Not on the way back.

Bless his heart. (RIP BluesKeys.) :cry:

Nevertheless, I'm not doing well at all. I've about lost my mind. Those who last saw me on their computer screen the other night can attest. And you know the sorriest thing about that? I was drinking milk.

MILK!

My cat got in the line of sight making a go for it. She's black. So, I guess you could say I blacked-out... Drinking MILK. (Ba-Doom-Pah!) :rimshot: Anyway, it was best that I made a quick exit.

But that's beside the point and God help me, I'm a THREAT to go off-topic, as our fellow forumites know all too well.

So, before I trail off, I want to say that you're my friend, ProfD. And I hope you got lucky on your birthday - even though I'm not sure what that really means anymore. :facepalm:

I'm looking forward to when I can slide out from under this rock. If my timing's right, that'll be sometime in late October and you can buy ME a birthday beer! :cool:

Stay safe!

Tom

"Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and that which cannot remain silent." - Victor Hugo