Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

GC at PAS prices

I imagine there'll be 15% off sales come monday at GC, but here's a heads up anyways as this might be useful on other occasions.

GC doesn't wheel and deal anymore, unlike PAS that asks you how much you'd like to pay. PAS, IME, will do 15% off on most products at most times. But with them on the East Coast, and their customer service seriously lacking (like no weekend hours and tales of woe I've heard), I'm reluctant to shop there. Whereas GC has shops close by to most folks, and the thing I like most is that with their 45 day return, if you have a problem or just don't want it or need to exchange, there's no shipping fees involved, you just return it to the local GC.

So, PAS has a 15% off sale now (I believe it's been on all month), and of course there's restrictions, but today, with a $1,200 check from the Donald in hand, I was able to order FROM GC with 15% off for the JBL Eon One Compact. I went to PAS, put one in the cart, applied the coupon code they had plastered on their website, Nov15, and voila! The GC agent was able to replicate that on his end, so he honored the price matching.

Happy Gear Hunting to One and All!

Numa Piano X73 /// Kawai ES920 /// Casio CT-X5000 /// Yamaha EW425

Yamaha Melodica and Alto Recorder

QSC K8.2 // JBL Eon One Compact // Soundcore Motion Boom Plus 

Win10 laptop i7 8GB // iPad Pro 9.7" 32GB

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

proaudiostar.com, for people who miss the days of sleazy music store owners offering you a special friends-and-family discount, no promises.

Dr. Mike Metlay (PhD in nuclear physics, golly gosh) :D

Musician, Author, Editor, Educator, Impresario, Online Radio Guy, Cut-Rate Polymath, and Kindly Pedant

Editor-in-Chief, Bjooks ~ Author of SYNTH GEMS 1

clicky!:  more about me ~ my radio station (and my fam) ~ my local tribe ~ my day job ~ my bookmy music

proaudiostar.com, for people who miss the days of sleazy music store owners offering you a special friends-and-family discount, no promises.

Yeah, I wouldn't expect much customer service out of them but I did buy a defective item and was able to ship it back to them on their dime and get my refund.

Some years ago, GC was 'friendlier' about discounts, but in the last coupla years?, they will only discount for certain holidays and to price-match a competitor. Getting verification of a deal made over the phone with PAS so that GC will match the price is pretty much impossible. So having deals from PAS that can be verified, like I talked about in the first post, is great.

Currently my list of retailers:

- GC: because of 45 day returns and ability to return to a store and not have to ship

- Sweetwater: because of the knowledgeable service and year of warranty added, as well as them having in-house full repair facilities

- AMS: because they offered me payments even with my lousy credit

Numa Piano X73 /// Kawai ES920 /// Casio CT-X5000 /// Yamaha EW425

Yamaha Melodica and Alto Recorder

QSC K8.2 // JBL Eon One Compact // Soundcore Motion Boom Plus 

Win10 laptop i7 8GB // iPad Pro 9.7" 32GB