Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

New Boss "Toy": Nextone Special

BiC

Looks and sounds interesting...

"A Modern Boutique Experience for Serious Players

Fueled by BOSS"s acclaimed Tube Logic approach, the Nextone Special delivers premium sound, feel, and tonal versatility for stage players who demand the best. Fusing forward-thinking innovation with boutique design features and detail, this professional stage amplifier offers deep sound-shaping controls, enhanced reactive drive power amp circuitry with selectable voicing, a custom Waza speaker with vintage 'blue bell' tone, and much more. The Nextone Special provides a refined playing experience that stands alongside the finest tube amplifiers, enhanced with key modern advantages like variable power control, consistent sound, and maintenance-free operation."

CLICK

Buy Here

Peace :thu:

"Treat your wife with honor, respect, and understanding as you live together so that you can pray effectively as husband and wife." 1 Peter 3:7

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like a very cool sounding amp in the demo. The demo video has two rows of knobs on the front while the amps at SW have one row of knobs on the top? But it's still cool...Boss has always made great roadworthy stuff. The 80watt amp at SW runs $699 at SW and weighs in at 39lbs. The 40watt amp at SW runs $499 and weighs in at 29lbs. I would go for the 40watt as that's plenty of power @ 10lbs less weight (as I'm an old guy with a bad back LOL!). My modeling 100watt amp runs $899 and weighs in at 23lbs. I think that the Boss amp would definitely be worth looking into for those that need a lot of modeling tube amp(s) selections, that should work well on stage at a good price... :cool:
Take care, Larryz

I LOVE my Boss Katana amp!

Never tried a Nextone but pretty sure I would love it too.

I agree with Larryz on the 40 watt, unless the 80 was some compelling features that the 40 does not have.

My best "secret" trick on the Katana is to turn the wattage switch down to 1/2 watt and turn the master volume way up.

This makes a huge difference in getting a more authentic tube amp tone.

I've only used the 50 watt setting once, at an outdoor gig. For lots of other gigs, 1/2 watt was plenty. The line out into a DI box then the PA sounds great too.

I am afraid of the 100 watt setting, probably way too loud!!!!!

It took a chunk of my life to get here and I am still not sure where "here" is.

I agree with Larryz on the 40 watt, unless the 80 was some compelling features that the 40 does not have.

I've only used the 50 watt setting once, at an outdoor gig. For lots of other gigs, 1/2 watt was plenty. The line out into a DI box then the PA sounds great too.

Kuru, I should clarify my comment on my 100watt SS amp. Per Fender it's actually "100watts into 80 (simulates a 22watt tube amp performance)". The highest setting on my amp is 22watts. The lowest is 0.2 watts. +1 the 22watt setting is way too loud for most venues and I run it at 12watts out of the home at gigs/jams. At home, I always run it at 1 watt in the bedroom and it's plenty loud. I never run the volume knob past 4 and I still have to turn my guitar down LOL! :cool:

Take care, Larryz

Kuru, I should clarify my comment on my 100watt SS amp. Per Fender it's actually "100watts into 80 (simulates a 22watt tube amp performance)". The highest setting on my amp is 22watts. The lowest is 0.2 watts. +1 the 22watt setting is way too loud for most venues and I run it at 12watts out of the home at gigs/jams. At home, I always run it at 1 watt in the bedroom and it's plenty loud. I never run the volume knob past 4 and I still have to turn my guitar down LOL! :cool:

Great stuff Larryz1

And that feature alone has me sold on using the modern solid state guitar amps.

In addition to the Katana I have a Peavey Vypyr VIP3, it's a bit bigger and heavier so I've got it mic'ed up for studio work.

The last knob to the right is called "Power Sponge" and it lets me set any variation from 100 watts down to 1 watt. I LOVE it at 1 watt, it's still pretty loud but you can hear the difference that output section saturation simulation makes and Peavey has gotten that right with this amp.

The biggest problem I've had with tube amps is most of them are way too loud when you turn them up to where they sound great. Gotta get that back end cooking.

A friend has a Fender Champ that he shoehorned a premium 10" speaker into more of less as a joke but he gigs with that all the time and it is terrifyingly loud.

That's only around 6 watts!

I'd love a half watt tube amp, just for fun.

It took a chunk of my life to get here and I am still not sure where "here" is.