Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Black Friday and Hammond B3X app ???

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not with that app but I've been using IK Multimedia products for a long time.

If you get it, save the Installer!!!

I do have their Leslie plugin and the Claivitube plus SampleTank, TRacks and Amplitube plugins. Some great stuff, some good stuff. Just opinion.

I don't play keyboards worth discussing. For recordings I will use a Fishman Triple Play on one of my guitars, it works fantastic with the Clavitube, great with some other things and not so good with some.

I think it has more to do with the guitar than the plugins. Strings have more variables than switches, in general.

Contact support on their website maybe they can give you the discount. It might just be something they missed.

I've never read of anybody hating it. Maybe others will chime in.

It took a chunk of my life to get here and I am still not sure where "here" is.

THIS. Learned that the hard way after not having a nice computer for a few years...went to install everything on the new one finally, and there were no more installers. You have to pay a fee then to access your own purchases.

Yamaha: Motif XF8, MODX7, YS200, CVP-305, CLP-130, YPG-235, PSR-295, PSS-470 | Roland: Fantom 7, JV-1000

Kurzweil: PC3-76, PC4 (88) | Hammond: SK Pro 73 | Korg: Triton LE 76, N1R, X5DR | Emu: Proteus/1 | Casio: CT-370 | Novation: Launchkey 37 MK3 | Technics: WSA1R

Former: Emu Proformance Plus & Mo'Phatt, Korg Krome 61, Roland Fantom XR & JV-1010, Yamaha MX61, Behringer CAT

Assorted electric & acoustic guitars and electric basses | Roland TD-17 KVX | Alesis SamplePad Pro | Assorted organs, accordions, other instruments

I saw that a 50% off sale is in progress on many IK multimedia products. link

I'm interested in the B3X version for ipad. I do not see that the APP for IOS is discounted. Maybe we have to wait for Black Friday. Do you have experience about it?

They usually do not discount the iOS stuff

There is no luck - luck is simply the confluence of circumstance and co-incidence...

Time is the final arbiter for all things

THIS. Learned that the hard way after not having a nice computer for a few years...went to install everything on the new one finally, and there were no more installers. You have to pay a fee then to access your own purchases.

Yes, I paid that fee once. It was around 12 dollars to get all the SampleTank 3 sounds. I have the box package with several DVDs included but on my "new" 2014 Macbook pro, using an external DVD player, the install dies everytime the first disk is done and it's time to load the second one. I couldn't get past that so I paid the fee and kept the installers (there were many, it took a long time to download).

I just installed those sounds again yesterday, I'm configuring an external boot drive dedicated to recording only. In that instance it was well worth the $12. All of my other IK plugins installed from the saved installers as well.

I'm interested in the B3X version for ipad. I do not see that the APP for IOS is discounted. Maybe we have to wait for Black Friday. Do you have experience about it?

Thanks for the information. I will wait until the end of the month anyway. You never know...

BTW, there's a very good site for both seeking & current pricing of iOS AUv3 apps: synthyfrog

Here for the gear.

I will repeat myself.

It is always worth the time to contact Support and ask them if they overlooked discounting the iOS stuff.

If enough people do that, they might decide to change things.

Or, this happened with a different company but it is an example.

I got an upgrade for Waveform DAW and it had a set of new plugins that did not work.

I contacted support and the gentleman I was working with said they've started including them and I could pay to authorize them.

I thanked him, praised Waveform (I do like it) and mentioned that I'd been using their products since Tracktion 3.

He said he would show appreciation for a long term customer and authorize my plugins for free. A few minutes later they were all working.

Good things can happen if you give them a chance.

Been there done that KuruPrionz ;) There is no company urgency to drop pricing on iOS much of anything...which was the gist of their reply to me.

EDIT: mind you that was a while back now :D

There is no luck - luck is simply the confluence of circumstance and co-incidence...

Been there done that KuruPrionz ;) There is no company urgency to drop pricing on iOS much of anything...which was the gist of their reply to me.

EDIT: mind you that was a while back now :D

Well, you gave it a shot at least!

I do agree that companies have different ways of going about these things.

Every so often IK has a "Buy one, get this many free" sale but I will admit I didn't see any iOS software (yet).

It's been a while but they had all the Tracks, Amplitube and maybe some other stuff going and it got to "Buy one get 10 free" and I bit.

Paid around $12 each or so for a buttload of cool plugins.

They'll do it again, about 2-3 times a year. I don't have an iOS widget, would love an iPad. Does anyone know if they will let you use or earn Jam Points when you buy iOS apps?

Meanwhile, Waves has been in infinite Black Friday mode for a long time now - months on end.

B3X has been reduced several times. AppSliced is a good site for tracking iOS prices:

Recent Price Changes

£129.99 since Jul 02, '20

£74.99 for 24 days Jun 09, '20

£129.99 for 6 days Jun 03, '20

£99.99 for 1 day Jun 01, '20

£74.99 for 32 days Apr 30, '20

£99.99 before Apr 30, '20

I have a price alert set for this app

https://appsliced.co/app?n=hammond-b-3x&l=list

B3x is not the iOS app

It is. The B3x also exists as an app for the iPad (iOS app)

link

sorry I mis-wrote - the iOS version is not the one on special (as per the OP) and IK rarely discount iOS versions (unless it's a new release - where I have noticed they give intro offers) I ahve been pestering IK for a while about the B3 app as I want it but it is way too exxy. Pretty much the only time I see B3 on special it is the PC version

IK rarely discount iOS versions (unless it's a new release - where I have noticed they give intro offers)

It has fluctuated in price some since the intro, see https://appsliced.co/app?n=hammond-b-3x&l=list for a price history... you can set up alerts on that site and be notified the next time it goes on sale.

ETA: This is what ChazKeys was referring to in his post #3071173

Maybe this is the best place for a shameless plug! Our now not-so-new new video at https://youtu.be/3ZRC3b4p4EI is a 40 minute adaptation of T. S. Eliot's "Prufrock" - check it out! And hopefully I'll have something new here this year. ;-)

I've been looking into options all pandemic for improving my Hammond sound on tracking projects, and I'm considering this IK Leslie to run my Mojo through on some recordings this week. Should I do this? It sounds like folks are saying $65 is a good but not particularly great deal on the IK Leslie compared to where it's been in the past ($35? $12?). That said, I need to get some recordings done this week and may jump even if I could save 30 bucks down the road. Thoughts from anyone familiar with this software would be mighty appreciated...

Numa X Piano 73 | Yamaha CP4 | Mojo 61 | Motion Sound KP-612s | Hammond M3

IK rarely discount iOS versions (unless it's a new release - where I have noticed they give intro offers)

It has fluctuated in price some since the intro, see https://appsliced.co/app?n=hammond-b-3x&l=list for a price history... you can set up alerts on that site and be notified the next time it goes on sale.

ETA: This is what ChazKeys was referring to in his post #3071173

Thanks Scot... I would have probably bought this sooner had IK allowed JamPoints to be used ;) So I'll wait and see if it drops again sometime...