Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Jamstack 2 anyone here own one?

From what I can tell by the link, it isn't available yet.

That's a crowd sourcing site, if enough people pay in advance they will have the budget to get them made overseas and ship them out.

If not...?

I don't know anything for certain but I do know "bling" when I see it and when you show somebody playing a 5 string bass through a 30 watt amp with 2-2.5" speakers as if that would sound like much more than a wet fart splatting on the sidewalk - then I become skeptical - very skeptical.

Where is the mic in the videos to capture that sound? A video camera? Or they are using it as an interface so it actually sounds good?

Sorry, I only have questions. Cheers, Kuru

It took a chunk of my life to get here and I am still not sure where "here" is.

From what I can tell by the link, it isn't available yet.

That's a crowd sourcing site, if enough people pay in advance they will have the budget to get them made overseas and ship them out.

If not...?

I don't know anything for certain but I do know "bling" when I see it and when you show somebody playing a 5 string bass through a 30 watt amp with 2-2.5" speakers as if that would sound like much more than a wet fart splatting on the sidewalk - then I become skeptical - very skeptical.

Where is the mic in the videos to capture that sound? A video camera? Or they are using it as an interface so it actually sounds good?

Sorry, I only have questions. Cheers, Kuru

My thoughts, as well. I can't imagine that it's any more than excitedly WAIT, THERE'S MORE!! shilled crap; there's an awful LOT of advertising blab on that site with very little real info. It might temporarily impress people who are used to tiny cell-phone speakers and cheap ear-buds.

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

I made it almost exactly 8 minutes into that demo video, and just couldn't take any more . . .

There are cheap practice Amps with built-in FX, Aux Inputs for your iPhone, iPad, what-have-you, pretty much all the features this thing is supposed to offer, but without all the hassle with 3rd party Apps. No, they don't hang off of the ass end of your Guitar, but they work . . .

A lot of current pedalboard-style MFX also have Aux Inputs, and USB Audio Outs.

Edit afterthought: Some of those super-cheap plastic Marshall or Fender battery-operated Amps also had a belt clip, so if you just wanted a simple, portable Amp rig . . .

Battery-operated Marshall w/belt clip

• Like 1

"Monsters are real, and Ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes, they win." Stephen King

http://www.novparolo.com

https://thewinstonpsmithproject.bandcamp.com

• 3 years later...

Your GUESSES are reasonable but the reality is different. It sounds pretty great. However, I’m not very experienced with amps. I did play my guitar synth through it using some very low bass patches and there was no farting. Stunningly clean. Also works well as a wireless speaker. 

• Like 1

On 11/20/2020 at 12:48 AM, KuruPrionz said:

I saw Neil Young back in 1976 with Stephen Stills (who was so wasted he could barely stand up on stage).  As I saw, and as we can see in this video, Neil Young can rock.

• Like 2
I rock; therefore, I am.

On 11/19/2020 at 8:34 PM, Scott Fraser said:

I'm guessing the laws of physics still apply.

On 1/12/2024 at 11:11 PM, Izzystandin said:

Your GUESSES are reasonable but the reality is different. It sounds pretty great. However, I’m not very experienced with amps. I did play my guitar synth through it using some very low bass patches and there was no farting. Stunningly clean. Also works well as a wireless speaker. 

:roll: :rolleyes:

Go ahead, pull the other one, pull my other leg, too.

• Like 1

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _