Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

THE NEW NORMAL

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My friend took me to see Iraida when I was in CDMX last year... I was blown away. I haven't heard a singer make the most standard standards sound so engaging and inspiring in a really long time.

My Site

Nord Electro 5D, Novation Launchkey 61, Logic Pro X, Mainstage 3, lots of plugins, fingers, pencil, paper.

[video:youtube]

I have an edited version of this that's semi-radio-safe. I actually saw it break up a drunken fight at a yard party. The host cranked it up so loudly, no one could ignore it. The combatants laughd their way out of it like the rest of us. Excellent Thanksgiving tune.

"I want to be an intellectual, but I don't have the brainpower.
  The absent-mindedness, I've got that licked."
        ~ John Cleese

[video:youtube]

I have an edited version of this that's semi-radio-safe. I actually saw it break up a drunken fight at a yard party. The host cranked it up so loudly, no one could ignore it. The combatants laughd their way out of it like the rest of us. Excellent Thanksgiving tune.

I remember the tune, the spinning cassette video is awesome. The sound - blech. Don"t know how we enjoyed listening to that hiss for decades. Sounds like poop.

Yamaha CP88, Casio PX-560

'

My friend took me to see Iraida when I was in CDMX last year... I was blown away. I haven't heard a singer make the most standard standards sound so engaging and inspiring in a really long time.'

You got that right, David. She can do it all, big band singing, funk, killer ballads and main stream jazz. We have really good chemistry and have done entire concerts with just voice and piano.

Doug Robinson

www.dougrobinson.com