Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Is KC access slow?

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, I was just on YouTube watching a video and getting the same problem as here. Firefox, this time. So...is the problem spreading across my system? Is it Windows that's at fault? Starting to think that the latest update there might be a candidate.

Grey

I'm not interested in someone's ability to program. I'm interested in their ability to compose and play.

Interesting, I just came into the KC site and was logged out. Had to log back in, so some event happened in the last 12 hours causing my user ID to get logged out.

57 Hammond B3; 69 Hammond L100P; 68 Leslie 122; Kurzweil Forte7 & PC3; M-Audio Code 61; Voce V5+; Neo Vent; EV ELX112P; GSI Gemini & Burn

Delaware Dave

Exit93band

I checked in this morning at 6am - logged in. It's the first thing that comes up when I open Chrome. Surfed the web, checked election results, came back at 6:30... logged out. Still the same instance of Chrome.

All week until now I've been logged in, so it's no biggie really - especially since the site remembers my password. It's the same string of characters the site gave me ages ago, and I'd have to look it up otherwise.

Grey - it"s not just a windows thing - I use macs and iOS devices (along with PCs) and it happens across the board on all devices (getting logged out occasionally, speed, etc). At the moment it seems to be okay speed-wise on my iOS device running safari.

Kurzweil Forte,Roland Fantom 6,Hydrasynth,Numa C2X, SpaceStation V.3, other stuffs

I haven't noticed anything at all, and I visit around 5x a day. MacOS, iOS, Firefox, Chrome, and Safari have all been fine.

Yamaha: Motif XF8, MODX7, YS200, CVP-305, CLP-130, YPG-235, PSR-295, PSS-470 | Roland: Fantom 7, JV-1000

Kurzweil: PC3-76, PC4 (88) | Hammond: SK Pro 73 | Korg: Triton LE 76, N1R, X5DR | Emu: Proteus/1 | Casio: CT-370 | Novation: Launchkey 37 MK3 | Technics: WSA1R

Former: Emu Proformance Plus & Mo'Phatt, Korg Krome 61, Roland Fantom XR & JV-1010, Yamaha MX61, Behringer CAT

Assorted electric & acoustic guitars and electric basses | Roland TD-17 KVX | Alesis SamplePad Pro | Assorted organs, accordions, other instruments

OSX & Firefox. No auto-log-outs at all for me, but the site has semi-frozen, endlessly cycling rather than posting in the usual manner, for instance. It hasn't been too chronic and FWIW, I've had a larger smattering of sites time out on me in the last 2 months or so. I call "gremlins."

"We're the crash test dummies of the digital age."
            ~ Kara Swisher, "Burn Book"

I got logged out earlier today...or maybe it was last night...I'm low on sleep and bleary as a consequence. I used to figure that it was because KC's server had been rebooted or something, and that everyone was logged off as a consequence. If that's not it, then count me amongst the ones afflicted by the mysterious logout problem.

For what it's worth, KC is slow for me right now, but then so is everything else.

Grey

I'm not interested in someone's ability to program. I'm interested in their ability to compose and play.

Let's put it this way. I don't have any problems with the other sites I use all over the world, but this one can be so slow sometimes that I just give up. Even Australian sites on the other side of the world only occasionally result in a lag of a couple seconds. Quite often this site can fail to respond for at least half a minute, by which time I am thinking about hitting the Abort button. Bog standard Windows 10 on a one year old machine with regular download speed of 45 Mbps this end in Greece.

Hey Dave and Jim,

Just encountered the slowdown.

TIME: 11:41am CST Nov 8

Platform: Windows 10

Browser: Firefox 78.4.0esr 64bit

Connection: WiFi 5G OOKLA Speed Test 430.08 mbps down

Nature of Slowdown: Up to 30 second delay when navigation to this site from a new session, or from another site.

Previous:

TIME: 9:15pm CST Nov 6

Platform: Mac OS Catalina 10.15.7

Browser: Firefox for Mac latest version

Connection: WiFi 5G OOKLA Speed Test 442.10 mbps down

Nature of Slowdown: Up to 25 second delay posting a topic or replying to topic.

ISP is Spectrum. Speedtest usually picks NITEL in Dallas as it has the lowest ping and jitter.

On both platforms, when it delays, I've tried other browsers : IE, Chrome, Safari, with similar slowdowns on each.

The odd thing to me, is it appears random. I can go a few days with lightning fast connection to the MPN site, and then I get hit with a slowdown

Hope this info helps.

David

Gig Rig:Depends on the day :thu:

Well, I'm getting everything described now. Strange. It kind of happens randomly, but I get page slowdowns, super long delays in posts going through, switching between forums is about half the speed of usual, and going into private messages is surprisingly slow. MacOS Catalina, iOS 14, Firefox/Chrome/Safari, both WiFi and Ethernet.

Yamaha: Motif XF8, MODX7, YS200, CVP-305, CLP-130, YPG-235, PSR-295, PSS-470 | Roland: Fantom 7, JV-1000

Kurzweil: PC3-76, PC4 (88) | Hammond: SK Pro 73 | Korg: Triton LE 76, N1R, X5DR | Emu: Proteus/1 | Casio: CT-370 | Novation: Launchkey 37 MK3 | Technics: WSA1R

Former: Emu Proformance Plus & Mo'Phatt, Korg Krome 61, Roland Fantom XR & JV-1010, Yamaha MX61, Behringer CAT

Assorted electric & acoustic guitars and electric basses | Roland TD-17 KVX | Alesis SamplePad Pro | Assorted organs, accordions, other instruments

Just had some pretty bad delays, including landing on this message on one of my refreshes:

Gateway Timeout

The gateway did not receive a timely response from the upstream server or application.

Additionally, a 504 Gateway Timeout error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

dB, From my perspective the last couple of days showed marked improvement with the site response time. Today has been really bad so I'm assuming that it has to do with someone working on correcting the issue which is causing the delay in today's response time. Hopefully my assumption is correct.

57 Hammond B3; 69 Hammond L100P; 68 Leslie 122; Kurzweil Forte7 & PC3; M-Audio Code 61; Voce V5+; Neo Vent; EV ELX112P; GSI Gemini & Burn

Delaware Dave

Exit93band