Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Official NFL 2020-2021 Thread

It looks like the Vegas Line is giving Pittsburgh 3.5 points. According to Colin Cowherd, Baltimore doesn't match up with the Steelers all that well.

I also believe the Steelers have the momentum to win against the Ravens. Defense needs to watch how the Chiefs kept Jackson in check for the most part.

WFT on a BYE this week so I get to watch the games from a neutral position. :D:cool:

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Another nail bitter Steelers game. The Steelers didn't WIN the game, Baltimore LOST it. They gave us 2 free touchdowns, too many penalties and turnovers. Steelers are now 7-0. Now watch them lose to Dallas next week. The Titans, Green Bay, and the LA RAMS Lost today. Its a good thing I don't bet games anymore.

Mike T.

Yamaha Motif ES8, Alesis Ion, Prophet 5 Rev 3.2, 1979 Rhodes Mark 1 Suitcase 73 Piano, Arp Odyssey Md III, Roland R-70 Drum Machine, Digitech Vocalist Live Pro. Roland Boss Chorus Ensemble CE-1.

Another nail bitter Steelers game. The Steelers didn't WIN the game, Baltimore LOST it. They gave us 2 free touchdowns, too many penalties and turnovers. Steelers are now 7-0. Now watch them lose to Dallas next week.

Steelers played very well and capitalized on Ravens mistakes. Steelers undefeated record well deserved. They will beat up the Cowbums too.:thu::cool:

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

I hope you're right D. Dallas is in disarray, but they are getting a few starters back. The Steelers have to stay focused. Cinci beat the Titans this past weekend. Anything can happen.

Mike T.

Yamaha Motif ES8, Alesis Ion, Prophet 5 Rev 3.2, 1979 Rhodes Mark 1 Suitcase 73 Piano, Arp Odyssey Md III, Roland R-70 Drum Machine, Digitech Vocalist Live Pro. Roland Boss Chorus Ensemble CE-1.

The Steelers were fortunate to get a lot of turn overs from Baltimore, mistakes killed them. They ran up more yards against the Steelers Defense that has a number of injuries, The Ravens were rested and the Steelers didn't play well. Some Sports personalities have the Steelers number one. The Chiefs are the best team in the league as long as the have their all star QB running the show. The Steelers will lose some games this season.. I can only hope they don't fall asleep at the wheel or take their press clippings seriously. They better pay attention to the Bengals. When they play them in a few weeks they will be coming off a Bye week and will be rested,

The Steelers were fortunate to get a lot of turn overs from Baltimore, mistakes killed them.

The Steelers are a well coached and very good football team. As long as they continue playing well together and building confidence, they will win more than lose. I expect the Steelers to go deep into the playoffs this season.

The Ravens are one-dimensional and it was exposed in their playoff game against the Titans and again in their date with the Chiefs. The talent of Lamar Jackson will beat most teams even if he makes a few mistakes. Teams with better defense capable of containing Jackson or forcing him into mistakes and a serviceable or better offense can beat the Ravens.

The Ravens will make the playoffs on the talent of their QB but they need better play-calling in order to take advantage of the other talent around him. I realize it's not an easy feat in a pass happy and friendly, instant gratification i.e. highlight reel obsessed sport. :laugh:

Nonetheless, I will be glued to the TV on Sunday, Monday and Thursday for football. :D:cool:

PD

• 2 weeks later...

I thought for sure the Titans would beat Indy last nite (no offense to brotha kanker if he's lurking). :D

Hard to predict which QB Philip Rivers will show up for the game. It could be 3 TDs or 4 INTs. :laugh:

The Titans have a solid defense. Beyond RB Derrick Henry, their offense doesn't have any real firepower though. :idk:

It was a decent game between two middle of the pack AFC teams.

This Sunday, WFT has a date with the Lions. Stafford usually torches us late in the game. Let's see if the WFT improved defense can keep the QB in check. Of course the Lions have a RB on their sideline who may have an ax to grind too.:laugh::cool:

PD

I thought for sure the Titans would beat Indy last nite (no offense to brotha kanker if he's lurking). :D

Hard to predict which QB Philip Rivers will show up for the game. It could be 3 TDs or 4 INTs. :laugh:

The Titans have a solid defense. Beyond RB Derrick Henry, their offense doesn't have any real firepower though. :idk:

It was a decent game between two middle of the pack AFC teams.

This Sunday, WFT has a date with the Lions. Stafford usually torches us late in the game. Let's see if the WFT improved defense can keep the QB in check. Of course the Lions have a RB on their sideline who may have an ax to grind too.:laugh::cool:

As a (former) Lion's fan, you have absolutely nothing to worry about. This team is a joke and always will be as long as it's owned by the Fords.

'57 Hammond B-3, '60 Hammond A100, Leslie 251, Leslie 330, Leslie 770, Leslie 145, Hammond PR-40

Trek II UC-1A

Alesis QSR

Very excited to watch the 2-7 Giants go up against 3-4-1 Eagles. What a year for the NFC East. But the rivalry remains. Giants have lost 8 in a row and 12 out of last 13 to the Eagles. Important game for Joe Judge and Daniel Jones. Another close loss won"t do, it"s gotta be a W. Coming off a bye and getting Miles Sanders and Alshon Jeffries back, a gambling man would probably take Philly. Go G- men, end the streak!

I was expecting a much closer game with the Bengals. Joe Burrow is the real deal. He blamed himself for their loss, but I believe he was expecting too much from himself. He can certainly make the throws, but took a beating in the 2nd half. I was surprised that Bengals receiver AJ Green was shut out by the Steelers Defense, The Steelers had a few of their injured players back on the field, and the Steelers have more weapons than the Bengals could cover. Unlike the SLEEP WALK they played against a fired up Dallas team, the Steelers played their game this week, They have to concentrate on each game and NOT read the PRESS clippings. KC is still the Champs until someone beats them in the playoffs.

Mike T.

I agree, Mike, the Chiefs are the defending champions. They deserve respect for their accomplishment.

On the other hand, it's rare to repeat in the NFL; and this Steelers team has already remained undefeated longer than any other Steelers team in the regular season so far. That's an accomplishment tooâespecially considering how good some of those Steelers teams were.

Steelers deliver historic start to 2020: Seven records or milestones Pittsburgh has broken or is approaching

I like Pittsburgh's chances this year.

Best,

Geoff

My Blue Someday appears on Apple Music | Spotify | YouTube | Amazon

I was expecting a much closer game with the Bengals...the Steelers played their game this week...

It does appear the Steelers got up for their division rival opponent this past weekend. The Bengals never stood a chance.

In talking to Steelers' fans locally, they get tired of the nailbiting performances the team delivers. Maybe the team heard that refrain too. :laugh:

To the 1972 Miami Dolphins' delight, I do not believe the Steelers will have an undefeated season but they will lock up a 1st round BYE in the playoffs. :cool:

PD

• 2 weeks later...
now we know why Will Fuller V had such a good game this past Sunday :facepalm:

houston-texans-wr-fuller-suspended-six-games-ped-policy

Back in the old days, we just figured athletes were taking PEDs knowingly in order to gain an advantage. That is not always the case.

In listening to a sports talk radio show yesterday, sometimes the players are put in an awkward position. THere are over 100 banned subtances that will pop positive.

Doctors prescribe medications without taking into consideration whether or not it has ingredients that will lead to a positive test result. The players aren't pharmocologists and so they trust the meds as prescribed by the doctors. The players don't know they're taking a banned substance until the test results come back.

The "evil" side of sports especially when it comes to money is the owners and schools want the best athletes to perform at the highest levels within the "rules" which sometimes seem to be a moving goal post.

IMO, the owners, athletic directors, coaches, team doctors and other handlers know athletes are being given PEDs through medications. They're not worried about it until they get "caught" i.e. athlete pops positive.

The athlete gets suspended and/or fines. We hardly ever hear about ramifications for the team/owner. Business as usual. Follow the money. :rolleyes::cool:

PD

Congrats to Brotha ProfD's Washington FB Team for beating the Steelers last night. It was NOT an upset. Washington out played the Steelers in the second half. The Steelers Defense has a lot of injuries to key players, they are not the same Defense that started the season. However, the Steelers Offense was lame. They have no running game. They had first and goal on the Washington one yard line, 5 tries and could not get into the End Zone. That is NOT championship team football. The Steelers will lose more games before the end of the regular season.

Brotha Mike, the lack of a solid running game has been a huge problem for the Steelers this season.

I told other Steelers fans before the game that WFT would win. Pressure defense makes it harder to win a game throwing 50+ passes.

I do not believe the Steelers RBs are garbage. IMO, because the NFL has led fans to believe the passing game is more exciting than good old fashioned balanced football, teams are buying into the hype.

Only a handful of NFL QBs are capable of carrying their team to victory. Aaron Rodgers and Patrick Mahomes are exceptional. Drew Brees, Russell Wilson and Big Ben can usually do a lot with a little. But, most QBs need skilled players and a solid offensive line to be effective.

I'm glad WFT played well for a half. When they put it all together for (4) quarters, they will be able lot better.

The Steelers will make the postseason but they need to shore up those chinks in their armor. :cool:

PD

The problem with a lack of a running game is a multi faceted situation. Some of the Offensive line men are over 30 years old. some of the starters have been hurt or not playing for other reasons. I've watched enough of the Steelers to see Defensive players are getting into the backfield before the running back gets started. Also the running backs we have are not fast. One of the things Mike Tomlin said after Washington''s goal line stand was 'If you can't gain ONE YARD, you don't deserve to win". Also Defensive coordinators have watched a lot of film and know what plays the Steelers were going to run. Example. Big Ben made a habit of throwing to Ju Ju Smith-Shuster on 3rd down, even when the Steelers needed a couple of yards. I watched some of the replays and one play showed Ben going to JuJu on 3rd down, even though he was double teamed and a 3rd Washington player zeroing in on knocking the ball away. Other teams know what the Steelers are going to run and stuff them down their throats.

The Steelers made a decision to throw instead of run because they have too. Washington's Defense has a lot of fast young players and won the game. The Steelers will lose more, and have a quick exit from the playoffs.

Oh, by the way, Cowboys fans (actually I can only think of 1 here off the top of my head), your fav team stinks so bad they have been flexed out of Sunday Night Football this coming weekend. To add insult to injury, the 2 teams that will be playing are the Clevland Browns and the New York Giants. :D
:nopity:

Completely overthinking the WFT victory over the Steelers. What about the fact that the Steelers only had 5 days of rest/prep vs. 10 days of rest/preparation for the WFT?!

'57 Hammond B-3, '60 Hammond A100, Leslie 251, Leslie 330, Leslie 770, Leslie 145, Hammond PR-40

Trek II UC-1A

Alesis QSR

The problem with a lack of a running game is a multi faceted situation.

The Steelers will lose more, and have a quick exit from the playoffs.

Brotha Mike, you have a sober view of your team and I respect it.

Still, I'm hoping the Steelers will find a way to balance their offense and go deeper into the playoffs.

Oh, by the way, Cowboys fans...your fav team stinks so bad they have been flexed out of Sunday Night Football.

"America's team" hasn't been flexed out since 2006. The Cowbums are rolling down the street with no wheels and parts flying off.:laugh::cool:

PD

As someone who has reduced my consumption of the NFL in the last few years, one thing still makes me happy no matter what: seeing Jerry Jones sitting in his box, feeling all those negative emotions wash over him as his team loses another game, usually in embarrassing fashion. :laugh:

Absolutely. That sight of Jerrah wearing his mask and pounding his fists on Thanksgiving Day as WFT beat the brakes off the Cowbums made my dinner and the win even better. :D:cool:

PD

Completely overthinking the WFT victory over the Steelers. What about the fact that the Steelers only had 5 days of rest/prep vs. 10 days of rest/preparation for the WFT?!

Yeah, the Steelers Sports Network said they thought the Steelers "Looked like a tired team". But the fact is that Washington outplayed the Steelers in the second half and out scored the Steelers 23-3. Give all the credit to Washington. They deserved to win, and they did.