Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Just how important is After Birth?

A few months back, a few forum members were driven away in disgust for the prevalence of this type of post permeating the forum.

I just put this out there to see if the "After Shave" was as revolting to others as it was to me. Admittedly I did respond, but with something I thought would shame the OP (it did not).

So... Is it ok to start a parody thread whenever you're a little peeved about some other poster's topic?

I get the impression it's that ok if the "right" person does it.

J a z z  P i a n o 8 8

--

Yamaha C7D

Montage8 | CP300 | CP4 | SK1-73 | OB6 | Seven

K8.2 | 3300 | CPSv.3

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's totally fine - as long as it's not being hostile lol. I'm not convinced the majority of these threads are being made out of spite (except this one). I don't mind at all, and I've had a thread or two of mine parodied in the past by other members, as I recall. It's humor, and that's something the world needs more of.

Yamaha: Motif XF8, MODX7, YS200, CVP-305, CLP-130, YPG-235, PSR-295, PSS-470 | Roland: Fantom 7, JV-1000

Kurzweil: PC3-76, PC4 (88) | Hammond: SK Pro 73 | Korg: Triton LE 76, N1R, X5DR | Emu: Proteus/1 | Casio: CT-370 | Novation: Launchkey 37 MK3 | Technics: WSA1R

Former: Emu Proformance Plus & Mo'Phatt, Korg Krome 61, Roland Fantom XR & JV-1010, Yamaha MX61, Behringer CAT

Assorted electric & acoustic guitars and electric basses | Roland TD-17 KVX | Alesis SamplePad Pro | Assorted organs, accordions, other instruments

Since Benny Hill passed on, we've sort of come up short for laughs.

I thought the aftershave thread was funny and at least the title of this thread too.

Be different if it was a serious matter of great concern to all.

It isn't. Life is short and sweet and laughter is worth more than anything but love and much easier to find.

It took a chunk of my life to get here and I am still not sure where "here" is.

A few months back, a few forum members were driven away in disgust for the prevalence of this type of post permeating the forum.

I just put this out there to see if the "After Shave" was as revolting to others as it was to me. Admittedly I did respond, but with something I thought would shame the OP (it did not).

So... Is it ok to start a parody thread whenever you're a little peeved about some other poster's topic?

Pm sent.

What makes you think that these threads are started because someone was peeved? And isn't it Peaveyd since we are in a music forum?

Now that's funny right there, I don't care who you are....

[video:youtube]

57 Hammond B3; 69 Hammond L100P; 68 Leslie 122; Kurzweil Forte7 & PC3; M-Audio Code 61; Voce V5+; Neo Vent; EV ELX112P; GSI Gemini & Burn

Delaware Dave

Exit93band

Two words: Chill. Out.

Yeah, sorry! I flew off the handle in misreacting to Marky's humor, and I realize no insult to the OP was intended.

No excuses for me for the non-Chill. My sincere apologies to Marky.

J a z z  P i a n o 8 8

--

Yamaha C7D

K8.2 | 3300 | CPSv.3

Pm sent.

Thanks Mark! I flew off the handle (as I usually do) and I know that you had no ill will to the OP.

I've no excuses and hope we can move forward as friends.

J a z z  P i a n o 8 8

--

Yamaha C7D

K8.2 | 3300 | CPSv.3

Thanks Mark! I flew off the handle (as I usually do) and I know that you had no ill will to the OP.

I've no excuses and hope we can move forward as friends.

Absolutely! Your post (and pm) made my day.

:cheers:

Awesome. I know brotha Mark. He's one of the nicest people to meet. :thu::cool:

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"