Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

My New Hammond Chop Pics

Here are some pics of the new chop I recently bought. With the organ came the Leslie 142(145 w/ 122 amp) and the Trek 2 pedal. I didn`t find the Hammond Plate for the organ but a Hammond Tech said it`s definately a B-3. I`m just happy to finally have a great Road Rig. I`ve been waiting forever.

*The pics are being uploaded by a friend of the forum. It may be a few before they are visible.

Motif ES7

Korg Triton Pro76

Roland Fantom X8

CP -33

Custom B-3 Chop w/ 145 Leslie

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The large ones worked. I just needed to shrink them a little.

http://www.mike-warren.net/kcc/pics/darc68_0623101918a-web.jpg

http://www.mike-warren.net/kcc/pics/darc68_0623101920a-web.jpg

http://www.mike-warren.net/kcc/pics/darc68_0623101931a-web.jpg

http://www.mike-warren.net/kcc/pics/darc68_0623101918b-web.jpg

DigitalFakeBook Free chord/lyric display software for windows.

Yes it is a bev. on the leslie. It was empty if that saves me at all(lol). The start switches and the vol. conn.(1/4' in/out) are on the back panel wich is located back right of the machine.

I was hoping to install removable wheels to the back panel but I don`t think that`s gonna work anymore. There`s just no room for them w/ this set-up. I need to come up w/ a solution though just for easy of moving it. I`m open to any ideas if anyone has any.

Motif ES7

Korg Triton Pro76

Roland Fantom X8

CP -33

Is that a beverage on the Leslie? :mad:

People (band members or anyone else close by) use to put their drinks on one of my Leslie cabinets and it drove me absolutely nuts, as well as really pissed off if they did it after me telling them not to do it. :taz:

I like modern keyboards that are designed with no flat area on top of the board. People that come up to request a song will attempt to put their drink down on a keyboard if they see an obvious flat area to put it on. That is an accident waiting to happen.

I assume the person was sober when he put the coffee on top of the Leslie in the photo. No excuse for that. :cry:

Mike T.

Yamaha Motif ES8, Alesis Ion, Prophet 5 Rev 3.2, 1979 Rhodes Mark 1 Suitcase 73 Piano, Arp Odyssey Md III, Roland R-70 Drum Machine, Digitech Vocalist Live Pro. Roland Boss Chorus Ensemble CE-1.

When I got my XK a few weeks ago, the day of delivery my bass player & drummer had days off. They joked about going over to my place before I got home and placing beers on the XK so I'd have a few nice rings on the finish.

Bass players & drummers are stupid/funny that way.

What we record in life, echoes in eternity.

MOXF8, Electro 6D, XK1c, Motif XSr, PEKPER, Voyager, Univox MiniKorg.

https://www.abandoned-film.com

Nice find! Still looks heavy as hell though.

Whats that old bike in the background?

Live: Korg Kronos 2 88, Nord Electro 5d Nord Lead A1

Toys: Roland FA08, Novation Ultranova, Moog LP, Roland SP-404SX, Roland JX10,Emu MK6

www.bksband.com

www.echoesrocks.com

AH the bike in the background. It some old Harley. This is my partners garage and he has a few project bikes there. Our studio is above the garage. The organ is not that heavy to be honest. I`ll try to get an better figure on that.

Motif ES7

Korg Triton Pro76

Roland Fantom X8

CP -33

Is that a beverage on the Leslie? :mad:

People (band members or anyone else close by) use to put their drinks on one of my Leslie cabinets and it drove me absolutely nuts, as well as really pissed off if they did it after me telling them not to do it. :taz:

My solution to this problem was simple. I kept a small trashcan behind the leslie and whoever continued to place their drink on the leslie (after being warned), had their drink simply thrown out. Full fresh cocktails would routinely be tossed . . . .soon people got the message.

Yamaha C7 Grand, My Hammonds: '57 B3, '54 C2, '42 BC, '40 D, '05 XK3 Pro System, Kawai MP9000, Fender Rhodes Mk I 73, Yamaha CP33, Motif ES6, Nord Electro 2, Minimoog Voyager & Model D, Korg MS10

I didn`t realize the cup on the leslie would be such an issue. At the time I was getting the organ serviced by a friend for free and was really just focused on helping the guy w/ whatever he needed. The cup wasn`t placed w/ any other fore-thought then that.

PLEASE FORGIVE ME!!!! I was just excited to finally get pics of the organ for the forum. I`m sorry that has now become the focus of my post.

Motif ES7

Korg Triton Pro76

Roland Fantom X8

CP -33

Never saw an answer to Moe's question about the swell pedal/swell box connection. The reference early on to "vol. conn.(1/4' in/out)" makes me suspect that the Hammond swell box has been removed. Replaced with an ordinary volume pedal?

Larry.

(Oh, and my solution to the "guitar player's buffet" drink problem was the same as meisenhower's. One warning, then any subsequent drinks placed on my gear went straight into the trash can)

by darco68:

I didn`t realize the cup on the leslie would be such an issue.

That has always been a big issue with KB players that have owned a Leslie cabinet or two. Placing a COLD drink on a piece of furniture will result in a water stain on the finish. Those of us that take great care to keep our equipment in nice condition really flip when other people are so inconsiderate of the investment we made in equipment.

Don't take it personal, if you were the one that put the coffee on YOUR Leslie, that's your choice. Others need not apply.

Nice Chop by the way. Enjoy!

Mike T.

Yamaha Motif ES8, Alesis Ion, Prophet 5 Rev 3.2, 1979 Rhodes Mark 1 Suitcase 73 Piano, Arp Odyssey Md III, Roland R-70 Drum Machine, Digitech Vocalist Live Pro. Roland Boss Chorus Ensemble CE-1.

That configuration looks like an early Bill Axman chop (from the Los Angeles area). Notice that to save vertical space, the tone generator is further back and the preamp is mounted on the back. Also, Bill puts the start and run switch on the back plate similar to yours. Although Bill no longer has photos of his chops on his Alltek Organ site, the following URL shows a red one that he built.

http://www.nxtbook.com/nxtbooks/newbay/kb_200809/index.php?startid=18

Looks to me like the swell box is intact, but it is probably set to a fixed position and a volume pedal insert used instead. I wonder if this affects the amount of overdrive when you floor the volume pedal like the real thing. I would expect the tone change induced in the swell box to be absent.

Moe

---

I know you guys are just busting my stones. I love this forum and most days look forward the incredible sarcasm that only you guys can come up w/. I laugh my ass off at some of the comments I read here. Don`t worry about me.

I have yet to hook a volume pedal up to this. Actually I`ve been debating wich I should use. I have an old Morley that I was going to try w/ it. I`m not sure if it will have enough tension for my liking but we`ll see. I`ve seen the debate about this BTW in other topic threads. I also need a leslie switch still if I`m gonna run it direct wich I probably will. There is actually a strip of velcro on the front left side for this. It looks like he had it set up to be removable. Not a bad idea for moving purposes.

Motif ES7

Korg Triton Pro76

Roland Fantom X8

CP -33

If it's one of Bill's chops, he's created swell pedal insert electronics to simulate the tonal change of the original organ swell (e.g the increase of brightness with volume). However, I believe you're right relative to the overdrive part of the equation.

On the chop I built, I have a clutch cable that runs from the swell box lever to the pedal, with a modified XLR for quick connect/disconnect. But I've been tempted to have Bill add his swell circuit to my organ as an alternative solution. Bill also has an effects loop mod which can be used to insert reverb, EQ, overdrive, etc. between the organ preamp and the Leslie.

That is a nice very succinct chop. I would want the leg stands a little wider to accommodate a set of bass pedals.

That old Morley pedal ain't gonna cut it btw compared to the smoothness of Hammond's swell pedal.

"It is a danger to create something and risk rejection. It is a greater danger to create nothing and allow mediocrity to rule."

"You owe it to us all to get on with what you're good at." W.H. Auden

• 10 years later...
I am help selling a Bill Beer chop for a friends father....might not be a good thing :cool:. I unearthed this thread because there isn't much information out there on them and Bill was pretty cryptic about how he did things.

"Danny, ci manchi a tutti. La E-Street Band non e' la stessa senza di te. Riposa in pace, fratello"

noblevibes.com