Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

How Many Forum Members does it take to...

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It would start with a 40-page thread to debate all the alternatives:

--------------------------------

Incandescent or LED?

House AC current or separate DC line?

Warm tone or something more blueish and modern?

Authentic wood ladder, or aluminum?

Solo light changing, or as part of a group?

At least a half-dozen reminisces of light changing in the 70s and 80s.

How much does the gig pay?

... and so on ...

Want to make your band better?  Check out "A Guide To Starting (Or Improving!) Your Own Local Band"

Let's all draw colorful and meaningful charts and graphs to calculate the trajectory of hypothemotimus in terms of nuclear fishing. The answer is clear...

1 to change the lightbulb and 273 to say "Did you hear that augminished b7+9 dememted chord?"

It took a chunk of my life to get here and I am still not sure where "here" is.

One to set the ladder, take out the old bulb, install the new bulb and turn on the light. Then at least a dozen to complain about how long it took to get the new bulb installed and powered up.

'Someday, we'll look back on these days and laugh; likely a maniacal laugh from our padded cells, but a laugh nonetheless' - Mr. Boffo.

We need a barfing cat emoticon!

Oh, the light bulb went out?

I hadn't noticed, since I'm always stuck at the back of the stage in the dark anyway.

Live: Yamaha S70XS (#1); Roland Jupiter-80; Mackie 1202VLZ4: IEMs or Traynor K4

Home: Hammond SK Pro 73; Moog Minimoog Voyager Electric Blue; Yamaha S70XS (#2); Wurlitzer 200A

Hey, at least the light bulb is still analog and not one of those horrid, harsh digital things!

Yamaha: Motif XF8, MODX7, YS200, CVP-305, CLP-130, YPG-235, PSR-295, PSS-470 | Roland: Fantom 7, JV-1000

Kurzweil: PC3-76, PC4 (88) | Hammond: SK Pro 73 | Korg: Triton LE 76, N1R, X5DR | Emu: Proteus/1 | Casio: CT-370 | Novation: Launchkey 37 MK3 | Technics: WSA1R

Former: Emu Proformance Plus & Mo'Phatt, Korg Krome 61, Roland Fantom XR & JV-1010, Yamaha MX61, Behringer CAT

Assorted electric & acoustic guitars and electric basses | Roland TD-17 KVX | Alesis SamplePad Pro | Assorted organs, accordions, other instruments

It would start with a 40-page thread to debate all the alternatives:

--------------------------------

Incandescent or LED?

House AC current or separate DC line?

Warm tone or something more blueish and modern?

Authentic wood ladder, or aluminum?

Solo light changing, or as part of a group?

At least a half-dozen reminisces of light changing in the 70s and 80s.

How much does the gig pay?

... and so on ...

And three other members to start separate threads about being a newbie to lightbulbs and asking which one is best for them, one trying to figure out if they should buy the 60, 80, or 100-watt version of the bulb, and one to ask if the screw in bulb would work in a fluorescent tube socket.

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

Twenty. One to light a candle and nineteen to stare at it for a moment, shrug, and say, "Close enough. Roll tape."

Dr. Mike Metlay (PhD in nuclear physics, golly gosh) :D

Musician, Author, Editor, Educator, Impresario, Online Radio Guy, Cut-Rate Polymath, and Kindly Pedant

Editor-in-Chief, Bjooks ~ Author of SYNTH GEMS 1

clicky!:  more about me ~ my radio station (and my fam) ~ my local tribe ~ my day job ~ my bookmy music

What characteristics would a Roland-manufactured light bulb have ?

(I have some thoughts, but it's more fun to let others respond).

Roland would never use a highly technical term like 'light bulb' which may confuse and scare off potential customers.

Instead consider 'Dark Disrupter' or 'Brighty Nighty'