Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Alex Trebek RIP

Alex Trebek, beloved 'Jeopardy!' host, dies after cancer battle at age 80

For decades, Alex Trebek was a fixture in our homes, hosting Jeopardy. He continued to helm the show during the past year and a half while battling pancreatic cancer. This morning, he passed away at home while surrounded by friends and family.

I will miss his gentle, civil demeanor. He was always a welcomed presence.

RIP Alex.

Best,

Geoff

My Blue Someday appears on Apple Music | Spotify | YouTube | Amazon

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We"ve been driving so hard for so long to tackle the destroyer of lives we call cancer. Our whole existence really - I"ve read so many articles and seen so many weekend news programs covering a new treatment with great potential going all the way back to the 70s. But the great specter eludes us - as does the common cold for that matter. Make music, make connections, be kind. Trebek always seemed a pretty decent guy - very successful as a TV personality, especially with game shows. I hear his real love was breeding and training the ponies.

Yamaha CP88, Casio PX-560

RIP Mr. Trebek. A legend. My brother is the real Jeopardy fan in the family, he's been angling to get on for years (didn't always accept internationals, you only get one shot, auditions are far, etc.) I'm sad that he never got meet him, much less buzz in to provide the question to Alex's answer.

Possibly his last televised appearance was just last month, providing a little surprise entertainment at the virtual NHL Draft. Representing Ottawa (and Sudbury) til the end.

[video:youtube]

We"ve been driving so hard for so long to tackle the destroyer of lives we call cancer. Our whole existence really - I"ve read so many articles and seen so many weekend news programs covering a new treatment with great potential going all the way back to the 70s. But the great specter eludes us - as does the common cold for that matter. Make music, make connections, be kind. Trebek always seemed a pretty decent guy - very successful as a TV personality, especially with game shows. I hear his real love was breeding and training the ponies.

A local ND told me cancer is easy to treat. I've talked to some of his patients who are Stage 4 and doing a lot better. Going the conventional treatment route with chemo and radiation will get you nowhere, it's all a money grab.

'57 Hammond B-3, '60 Hammond A100, Leslie 251, Leslie 330, Leslie 770, Leslie 145, Hammond PR-40

Trek II UC-1A

Alesis QSR

It would be really difficult to keep that cat under raps. My dad was ravaged by pancreatic cancer in less than 4 months. He used alternative therapies, but it was moving so fast. The doctor requested the immunotherapy from his insurance to be granted - but he never got that far. I know they"re having some success and have hard miracle stories about leukemia and even breast cancer. But not so much pancreatic.

Yamaha CP88, Casio PX-560

We've lost a national treasure. I don't see how he could be replaced.

RIP Alex Trebek.

I"m 66 and have vague memories as a child watching with my parents, with Art Fleming hosting. Been a fan ever since. To me, Alex Trebek IS Jeopardy. I have a hard time imagining anyone else hosting.

I would like to apologize to anyone I have not yet offended. Please be patient and I will get to you shortly.

If his career had followed its original trajectory, Trebek might have become Canada's Dick Clark.

music-hop-host-alex-trebek.jpg

But fortunately it didn't. He became the world's Alex Trebek.

“For 50 years, it was like being chained to a lunatic.”

-- Kingsley Amis on the eventual loss of his libido