Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

How Many Forum Members Own a ....

...Fill in the blank.

I"m always curious about this, especially a short time after a new product is released. I love spreadsheets and numbers/statistics related to keyboards. Too bad there"s not some easy way to take the 'Your Latest Purchase' thread and similar and turn it into a spreadsheet.

I realize we"re a small segment of the keyboard buying population but still, anyone else wonder about this?

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would be more interested in general statistics of how various boards are selling, not just within forum members.

Life is subtractive.
Genres: Jazz, funk, pop, Christian worship, BebHop
Wishlist: 80s-ish (synth)pop, symph pop, prog rock, fusion, musical theatre
Gear: NS2 + JUNO-G. KingKORG. SP6 at church.

"Any recently-launched keyboard product"? Not me. Covid has shut down gigging for the time being, and I haven't exhausted the possibilities of my existing rig.

If I had to start a rig from scratch, Yamaha CP73 and Kurzweil PC4-7 would intrigue me.

Cheers, Mike.

Same here, I sold my Electro and we preparing to maybe get a Nord Stage 3 before covid hit...no point currently.

At home I'm 100% software other than keyboard or two as controllers, so right now it's black friday plugin time! Not that I "need" much at this point but there have been a few great deals already on heavily-discounted plugins that I couldn't pass up.

This forum is representative of a certain segment of keyboard players, but not of all keyboard players. To be more specific would mean talking about age, race, and ethnicity, and I'm not gonna go there.

Suffice it to say I don't think the majority of keyboard players stand ready to get into a kerfuffle about which Hammond clone has the best C/V.

Gigging: Crumar Mojo 61, Hammond SKPro

Home: Vintage Vibe 64

This forum is representative of a certain segment of keyboard players, but not of all keyboard players. To be more specific would mean talking about age, race, and ethnicity, and I'm not gonna go there.

Yeah, I couldn"t care less about those type specifics. As an example I"d be curious to know how many forum member have bought a Wavestate. And to know who so if I wanted to pm an owner I could. Of course that part could be voluntary.

Suffice it to say I don't think the majority of keyboard players stand ready to get into a kerfuffle about which Hammond clone has the best C/V.

Huh? Which forum is this? :laugh:

Seriously though, that"s not what this is about.

I just added IK Multimedia Alternate Keys to my plugins this week.

Disclaimer, I am not a keyboard player but I do own a couple of older MIDI controllers AND a Fishman Triple Play for guitar to MIDI.

Limited space prevents accumulation, I've had full sized keyboards in here including vintage organs. No room, must go away.

It took a chunk of my life to get here and I am still not sure where "here" is.

Apologies if this thread wasn"t clear. This isn"t specifically about what you bought but the idea that forum members could be made aware of the keyboards you bought/own via a forum spreadsheet/database of some kind.

IMO searching through signature lines is not a convenient means of obtaining this info.

Apologies if this thread wasn"t clear. This isn"t specifically about what you bought but the idea of what keyboards you have being available in a forum spreadsheet/database of some kind.

Y'all seen my block diagrams, glutton for punishment?

That riding mower was cool wheels yo.

I'll condense my ever changing accumulation. "I have stuffs."

You can chart that however you like, cheers!!!!

Markyboard, it might help to know how you think this info would be useful. What would you do with it? Knowing that might help steer the conversation in direction that's good for you.

Gigging: Crumar Mojo 61, Hammond SKPro

Home: Vintage Vibe 64

Thanks Adan. I"m not really looking for anything. We talk excitedly about certain products a great deal like the recently announced Polybrute or P5/10. I also follow some of the discussions on GS and elsewhere until I"ve reached my limit if you know what I mean. It always seems like everyone is ready to pounce on these ASAP. And then the next product is announced and same thing.

But when it"s settles out after a few months or whatever my thought is that maybe 3 people actually bought one. That"s certainly my guess for the number of folks here that bought a Wavestate up until this point.

I do think it might be beneficial to have this type info for other reasons. But for me it"s just curiosity.

Isn't that what the signatures are for? :laugh:

Yamaha: Motif XF8, MODX7, YS200, CVP-305, CLP-130, YPG-235, PSR-295, PSS-470 | Roland: Fantom 7, JV-1000

Kurzweil: PC3-76, PC4 (88) | Hammond: SK Pro 73 | Korg: Triton LE 76, N1R, X5DR | Emu: Proteus/1 | Casio: CT-370 | Novation: Launchkey 37 MK3 | Technics: WSA1R

Former: Emu Proformance Plus & Mo'Phatt, Korg Krome 61, Roland Fantom XR & JV-1010, Yamaha MX61, Behringer CAT

Assorted electric & acoustic guitars and electric basses | Roland TD-17 KVX | Alesis SamplePad Pro | Assorted organs, accordions, other instruments

Apologies if this thread wasn"t clear. This isn"t specifically about what you bought but the idea of what keyboards you have being available in a forum spreadsheet/database of some kind.

Even after the pandemic is over you and I should continue to maintain a minimum of 2500 mile separation for the safety of this planet. :wave:

I could imagine two uses for this kind of information apart from curiosity. First, it could give forum members credibility in discussions with each other and by extension give the forum credibility in discussions with the industry. The second would be to get a sense of the marketplace. The trouble with the second use, is we won't really know if we are representative of the market or a unique segment of it. At least not without the kind of extensive demographic information which makes me queasy in this age of surveillance. Of course it's quite likely that google already knows everything I own, lol.

Even after the pandemic is over you and I should continue to maintain a minimum of 2500 mile separation for the safety of this planet. :wave:

LOL!!!

'Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.'

â Helen Keller

I have nothing remarkable in my rig that would turn any heads around here. I haven't sold my Motif Classic, XS, and I still have my Montage. That's as wild and crazy as I get.

Kawai C-60 Grand Piano : Hammond A-100 : Hammond SK2 : Yamaha CP4 : Yamaha Montage 7 : Moog Sub 37

My latest album: Funky organ, huge horn section

https://bobbycressey.bandcamp.com/album/cali-native