Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT: The hassle is over

Item #1

Several weeks ago this lady ran into Lynda's car with her uninsured golf cart. We made sure to have an accident report taken by the local police. My insurance company paid for the repairs and I went to the lady today and got reimbursed for my deductible ($250) and our portion of the car rental which was $249.62. So she gave 4 $100 bills and a check for one hundred which covers my end. What the lady does not know is; my insurance company is going after her shortly to pay them back at about $1700+ for the repair, (not my deductible which she already paid me) and $440 for the rental car. I did not enlighten her that the insurance company is coming for her. I did call my insurance company and told them not to pursue her for the deductible and our share of the rental car.

Item #2

Last week my mother in law was playing progressive rummy with my wife and her sister. As my MIL was about to blitz the girls with a winning hand, she put down a few cards, and was about to put down the rest when she froze. The girls called me over and when I got there the MIL was still sitting exactly as she was when she froze she had a stroke. The stroke killed her brain right then and there although she lived another 28 hours and died peacefully in Hospice. We got to hospice 10 minutes after she passed. The girls were very sad they could not whisper goodbyes in her ears while she was still alive. The did whisper to her off and on until Science Care came for the remains.

So that has been my last few weeks. Are we having fun yet?

P.S. Larry Miller Collision Center in Peoria Az did one super excellent job on the repair. The whole car looks new, the paint matches exactly They put on a new Fender and a new headlight assembly, painted and did a wheel alignment. We are waiting for the new hubcap on Monday she smashed the old one to smithereens, Toyota sent us the wrong one. I have had that car in once before for another golf cart accident a few years back, and once for my Honda Fit which had some rock damage to the passenger front side door. I was even able to pick up and drop off the rental car at the collision center which made everything super easy.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

DBM, Sounds like there are some crazy golf cart drivers in the neighborhood LOL! Glad you got your car fixed both times and everything went well...

Very sorry to hear about your mother n law passing away. We are sending our condolences to you, your wife, her friends and family. My mother n law just turned 96 and she's still hanging in there...

Hopefully things will get back to normal soon and I'm sure she heard the words whispered to her in her last moments, as she was entering the spirit world...

Take care, Larryz

@Larryz The golf cart drivers here are dangerous, one of them actually ran over a lady a few years back. Plus they are forever looking anywhere but where they are going. Most everyone who lives here is over 55, in fact the rules are one owner has to be 55 and his/her spouse has to be at least 40 (I think) so it is mostly retired folk. Or those who move here before retirement and work for the rest of the time until retirement. Lots of 80 to 90 year olds however, and sometimes they lose it and do damage while driving. I have to keep alert at all times on the roads in this community (lots of nice people but most are old and many are infirm mentally or physically).

DBM, I am sorry for your loss. It's never easy, our time will come and none can choose the moment.

Thanks Kuru it was my mother in law and it effected my wife and sister in law very deeply. I just tried to help them through the shock. and am helping to dispose of her stuff. It is not a heavy emotional issue for me, the emotional effect on me personally was and is rather minimal. Thanks for your words however.

Sorry, sounds like you could use a week at Swami's.

Thanks surfergirl,

Not Swami's, way too crowded. There are some very nice spots a little less known in that area. I have not tasted salt in quite a few years, I don't even have a surfboard or wet suit, (although I was lookin at them in Encinitas last time I was over that way)