Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
MPN Advisory Board
MP Hall of Fame Member
OP Offline
MPN Advisory Board
MP Hall of Fame Member
If you're tired of the real political news, let's look at the surreal political news.

A French bulldog named Wilbur was elected major of Rabbit Hash, Kentucky. Now, most people will think it's weird that a dog is serving as major, but I think it's equally weird that the town is named "Rabbit Hash." Is that some type of food? If so, do dogs eat it?

If you're into ballots, beer, and a drag queen on roller skates, then hop on down to Buddy's LGBTQ bar in Houston, where they installed 14 voting booths on the dance floor, separated from the drinking area by a garage door so people could vote with privacy. Or as owner Christopher Barry says, "Vote in the front, party in the back."

In other weird news, a candidate who had died of COVID-19 at age 55 won his election. Talk about a bittersweet victory...he seemed like a nice enough guy, and probably would have done a good job. Sad, but weird.

And finally, there's the California neighborhood where cats and dogs are vying for mayor. According to the linked story:

The 55th Street mayoral race in Oakland started with an incumbent cat named Wally running unopposed, but then other pets pounced at the opportunity to make the race competitive.

“We decided our cat Betty seemed mayoral and that maybe we needed a change on 55th Street and we thought we’d just jump right in,” said Kirstyn Russell, a 49-year-old photography teacher whose 10-year-old Tabby has a campaign sign in the yard with the slogan ‘Change Meow.’"

Sound, Studio, and Stage Island
MP Hall of Fame Member
MP Hall of Fame Member
Ha! I read a couple of those in the news.laugh

The link is clickbait but no popups (bearing in mind I have an ad blocker on) and everything is all on one page.
Weird elections make me smile but they are certainly not new. Some funny stuff here, including a rhinoceros.

https://listverse.com/2013/06/26/10-truly-bizarre-election-results/

There is never enough time to be in a hurry...

Moderated by  Anderton 

Link Copied to Clipboard