Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Roland FRP-1 - Costco

Student approached me recently about this model. Costco is selling it for $599.

I'm trying to find any information on it - specs something... Roland doesn't seem to acknowledge its existence on their site.

I don't know if it has the action from the FP-10 or even if it's a weighted action or velocity sensitive.

Anyone seen or played this thing?

Yamaha CP88, Casio PX-560

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So this is what happened to the FP 10. I see....

I did a comparison last year between Casio Yamaha and Roland...FP 30 at the time and the Roland was my clear preference among lightweight portables.

The FP 10 is said to have the same sample sound as the FP 30..the same keyed and lest weight.

The thing is... I don't have a Costco membership and really do not want to spend an additional 100 dollars on bundle crap.

It looks Like all available FP 10 have gone to Costco...since there are none in other stores

Another way to milk 100 dollars...or so it looks.

I was thinking the same - there must be an FP-10 replacement coming. On the other hand, if using at home, I'd take the stand and pedal and headphones and seat (i think theyve included a seat). Unless you have these things already.

Yamaha CP88, Casio PX-560

• 3 weeks later...
The thing is... I don't have a Costco membership and really do not want to spend an additional 100 dollars on bundle crap.

I read that the Costco website lets non-members buy stuff, but adds a 5% surcharge. Too bad this bundle is $699 there!

Long time Costco fanatic here. I've never heard that, but you can get a member to buy $700 in gift cards and anyone can use them for purchases. And, being directed to this thread from another, it's now $499.

The fact there's a Highway To Hell and only a Stairway To Heaven says a lot about anticipated traffic numbers

People only say "It's a free country" when they're doing something shitty-Demetri Martin

I read that the Costco website lets non-members buy stuff, but adds a 5% surcharge. Too bad this bundle is $699 there!

Long time Costco fanatic here. I've never heard that, but you can get a member to buy $700 in gift cards and anyone can use them for purchases. And, being directed to this thread from another, it's now $499.

Not from what I see, unless costco.com delivers different web pages based on geography? Or $499 is the price in-store?

frp1-costco.jpg

https://www.costco.com/roland-frp-1-digital-piano-bundle.product.100519453.html

The Costco membership also comes in handy for buying items in bulk like a 45 lb of potatoes. :laugh::cool:

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

I believe the $499 is the in-store only price. I picked one up at my nearby Costco store last week for $499 because its not even available to purchase anymore online. It used to be $599 in stores just a few weeks ago, so when I saw it drop by another $100 I went ahead and purchased it.

I love Costco. It is a different world than Sam's. Costco is consistently ranked one of the top 5 companies to work for and in the top 5 for buyer satisfaction. The employees there actually smile while they work, and from what I hear, are getting paid well. :)

This post edited for speling.

My Sweetwater Gear Exchange Page

I believe the $499 is the in-store only price.

I went out of my comfort zone and played one for about 2 minutes this afternoon. $499.00 US dollars is the in store price. 25 years ago you could buy a Yamaha PSR - 500 for the same price. 61 keys, unweighted, no aftertouch.

88 velocity sensitive weighted keys with a stand and a sustain pedal at this price, not alot to dislike here for a household on a budget that wants a digital piano.

Interestingly enough, as I was checking out, I turned around and the customer directly behine me was purchasing one. Guess they didn't hear me play it. ;)

just saw we have two threads on this particular piano. Why? :idk:

:nopity:

I posted the second thread so you can blame me.

I almost posted in conjunction with what seems to be happening at the Guitar Center at the moment.

In other words...this is a new development that GC or anybody else such as Kraft Music Sweetwater etc. Doesn't even have any of these.

Also... I have been trying to find out just how close this sample is to some of the mire expensive Rolands...which most if us cant hear anyway without buying one.

Anyway...I posted after I saw the price breakthrough...I thought some people might like to know

I have no connection to Costco...I don't really like it that much myself but at this point...its about the only place to hear any new Roland.

If you want it to sound less thin.... Set to hard touch sensitivity

This will reduce the high end hedge. The piano will warm up considerably.

Press function and the note A between C5 and C6.

The Rhodes on this basically sucks but beyond that the vibes, strings and of course jazz scat all sound quite good IMO only.

Roland hates will continue to hate...their loss.

Not from what I see, unless costco.com delivers different web pages based on geography? Or $499 is the price in-store?

frp1-costco.jpg

https://www.costco.com/roland-frp-1-digital-piano-bundle.product.100519453.html

It"s $499 at my store. I played it the other day for 10 minutes and today for five. It feels ok, but they didn"t have a sustain pedal hooked up. Not a particularly fast keyboard.

The fact there's a Highway To Hell and only a Stairway To Heaven says a lot about anticipated traffic numbers

People only say "It's a free country" when they're doing something shitty-Demetri Martin