Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Is KC access slow?

The past few days I've had trouble connecting to this site in a timely manner. Everything seems to hang for an extended period of time. Is anyone else experiencing this issue?

57 Hammond B3; 69 Hammond L100P; 68 Leslie 122; Kurzweil Forte7 & PC3; M-Audio Code 61; Voce V5+; Neo Vent; EV ELX112P; GSI Gemini & Burn

Delaware Dave

Exit93band

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It seems to be an intermittent issue. Perhaps there is work being done in the background that reduces the number of servers (and the speed).

Could be improvments (yay!) or cyberattacks (boo!!!). I prefer to think it is improvements. As long as it doesn't go dark, this too shall pass.

I am glad it is working, even if slower sometimes!!!

It took a chunk of my life to get here and I am still not sure where "here" is.

I can live with it, but the slowness helps explain a few odd quirks - like when you see a post with multiple likes from the same forumite. It's what happens when you keep clicking the like button because you think it hasn't registered.

I speak from experience. I've done it more than once :doh:

Phew.... yup, it's been s-l-o-w for me, too.... I kept checking to see if anything was wrong with my internet connection, but my connection is running as fast as ever, and excellent for other sites. So I was strongly suspecting it is this particular server / web site.

Ludwig van Beethoven:  “To play a wrong note is insignificant; to play without passion is inexcusable.”

My Rig: Yamaha MOXF8 (used mostly for acoustic piano voices); Motion Sound KP-612SX & SL-512.

It was bopping along then I clicked on this thread title and waited and waitedâ¦

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

Hey Folks,

We would appreciate your help in identifying the source of these intermittent disruptions. If you have time when you observe any disruptions, please post a note in this tread providing the following:

When it happened? Please use your cell phone network time as reference and include timezone.

What is the approximate page load time?

Duration: How long did you experience disruptions before forums performance returned to normal?

Thanks,

Jim Quinn

I've been having problems. Started rudimentary diagnostics from this end and have discovered that Chrome is using stupid amounts of CPU when you click anything. It settles after a bit and life goes back to normal. I think their previous update caused problems. I just now got a notice that Chrome wanted to update--did so--but I don't see that it's any better.

Note that I do something unorthodox in that I run Firefox and Chrome simultaneously. I'll go into my reasoning at some other time, but the point is that I've been doing this for a long time and in a case like this it allows me to compare browser behavior. Firefox is not having the problems that Chrome is having...unless I've just clicked Chrome, in which everything slows down while it has a tantrum.

So, with that in mind, you might take a look at what browsers people are using.

Grey

I'm not interested in someone's ability to program. I'm interested in their ability to compose and play.

Thing that has been happening here is not only the slowness but also getting randomly logged out!

There is no luck - luck is simply the confluence of circumstance and co-incidence...

Time is the final arbiter for all things

Thing that has been happening here is not only the slowness but also getting randomly logged out!

That one happens to me more than I'd like as well. Would love to figure that out.

I'm not sure what causes it...my current guess is that maybe there are only so many devices on which one can stay logged in...? :idk:

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

I get the random logouts as well and 99% of my time here is on the same computer, using the same browser. I even had it log me out once while I was surfing the site. IIRC, I clicked on a link and BOOM! I was logged out.

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

Drag...was hoping maybe it wasn't affecting too many of us. Definitely a post-migration thing for me - never used to be a problem.

I tend to use Safari. This happens to me on both mobile and desktop, so I know that'snnot a factor.

Anybody experiencing it in other browsers?

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

iPad>Safari. Use AdBlocPlus.

I get logged off like every other day for months and months now. Past few weeks, very slow getting to site - sometimes just won"t go.

Today (around 9am to 11am CST) I got on KC okay, clicked on a post and display was changed ( I use UBBT77 dark). Backed out to main page and things were okay. Went in to another post - changed again! I was logged in to the main page, but logged out when I went to a different page. Never did that before.

Got off the net and just now got back on - it opened to a page I was on last night, then went to KC by itself & I was logged out.

Professional musician = great source of poverty.

Drag...was hoping maybe it wasn't affecting too many of us. Definitely a post-migration thing for me - never used to be a problem.

I tend to use Safari. This happens to me on both mobile and desktop, so I know that'snnot a factor.

Anybody experiencing it in other browsers?

dB

Firefox here Dave

There is no luck - luck is simply the confluence of circumstance and co-incidence...

Time is the final arbiter for all things

Semi-regular logout issues, but never while I was using the site. Occasional exceptionally long load times for threads. Largely use Firefox.

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing."

- George Bernard Shaw