Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT: James Bond

Dana.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Goldfinger is my favorite. For me it is a bonus that part of it was filmed in Kentucky.

The current string of Craig movies are ok but are missing something. He is always angry and serious. I miss the touches of humor and the sometimes light hearted approach taken in the Connery era. I dont know if this is a result of the writing, directing or acting. Everything that Craig is in reflects the same personality. Cold and serious. If these were not Bond movies I would like his role much better.

This post edited for speling.

My Sweetwater Gear Exchange Page

Yeah but even Connery says Craig is the man. The books were meant to be serious also. The light hearted approach was really Roger Moore that started that feel in the movies.

"Danny, ci manchi a tutti. La E-Street Band non e' la stessa senza di te. Riposa in pace, fratello"

noblevibes.com

Saw Skyfall tonight. Quite enjoyed it. Prototypical Bond movie, but what else would it be? I felt like cheering for the movie when it finally got to it's climactic explosion. (Hooray, you're part of the family too!) I agree with my friend that the stunts were a little more realistic this time, compared to the whole parkour/crane-climbing sequence of Q of S.

I, for one, liked the winks to Bonds past, especially the exploding pen and ejecting seat quips. I didn't grow up on Bond, but I've seen several from different eras.

Last, but definitely not least: Just as MD said, Bérénice Marlohe. Whoa. :love:

P.S. A friend posted this on Facebook yesterday:

"The only James Bond I've ever known"

This is the world you live in, Outkaster. Not saying I agree, but... :evil:

Saw Skyfall tonight. Quite enjoyed it. Prototypical Bond movie, but what else would it be? I felt like cheering for the movie when it finally got to it's climactic explosion. (Hooray, you're part of the family too!) I agree with my friend that the stunts were a little more realistic this time, compared to the whole parkour/crane-climbing sequence of Q of S.

I, for one, liked the winks to Bonds past, especially the exploding pen and ejecting seat quips. I didn't grow up on Bond, but I've seen several from different eras.

Last, but definitely not least: Just as MD said, Bérénice Marlohe. Whoa. :love:

P.S. A friend posted this on Facebook yesterday:

"The only James Bond I've ever known"

This is the world you live in, Outkaster. Not saying I agree, but... :evil:

Its not only me that says that but its critics as well.

"Danny, ci manchi a tutti. La E-Street Band non e' la stessa senza di te. Riposa in pace, fratello"

noblevibes.com

• 7 years later...

RIP, Mr Bond.

For me, he was James Bond. My favorite is what was probably the cheesiest of his Bond movies - You Only Live Twice. Not because it's a good film, but because when it came out I was working a summer job in a theater that played it for about a month. Nostalgia thing for me. At any rate, the gal who played Aki was a dish, and I had a teenage crush on Number 11...

Let's not forget the Oscar he won in The Untouchables.

Don't know if I can single out a particular Bond movie I like the best, but I definitely like D. Craig the best.

Yes...He portrays a serious, damaged goods / badass type of Bond, but I think it fits the character better overall and he plays the part perfectly.

What, no mention of Zardoz? Heheheh...

Sean was the original and IMO, best movie Bond.

I"ve enjoyed all the Bond movies - they"re highly variable in quality but I find them all thoroughly entertaining. I"ve had great pleasure in introducing my kids to them over the past few years.

Also read a few of the books - thrilling yarns.

I feel that Sean was perfectly cast for the role at the time and I doubt the movies would have imprinted themselves on the public consciousness the way they did without him.

Saw the OP and thought Dana was back. Don"t didn"t realize this was such an old thread. ð

"It doesn't have to be difficult to be cool" - Mitch Towne

"A great musician can bring tears to your eyes!!!

So can a auto Mechanic." - Stokes Hunt

I remembered the books fondly--especially Live and Let Die, which was actually far more exciting than the movie version IMO--but boy, I know that was from a different time but in a recent attempt to re-read them the racism was simply too much for me to stomach. In that way it's a bit like reading Lovecraft, you want to enjoy the stories but the vile attitudes of the authors toward "others" keeps creeping in.

I know I have a friend at work that knows the books inside and out and how the movies differed but it was so long ago. My dad turns 90 next week and is in memory care because of dementia issues. It's kind of scary.....

noblevibes.com

They are extremely different for the most part. Some of the older movies are reasonably close (iirc), From Russia With Love perhaps the closest. Moonraker shared the name, that was about it :)

I saw a pretty funny breakdown of Bond's drinking from the books and it basically turned out he was way past what you'd call a "heavy drinker" LOL.