Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

AES Music Events TODAY!!!!!

Sorry for the late notice. As a side/snide note, the reason for the short notice is one of the things that are a problem for me with a virtual show rather than a real one. When I'm at the show, I'm both physically and mentally "connected." I don't have anything else to do but attend the show, and while I often miss things that I've put on my "attend this" list, I at least get to some of them. When I'm home, it's just e-mails coming in two or three times a day that tell me what's going on somewhere else.

But anyhow - on with the shows, featuring two pioneers in electronic music and synthesis, Suzanne Ciani and Imogen Heap. Both are October 28, the program with Imogen Heap starts at 11 AM Eastern time, so you've probably missed it (I'm about to if I don't type fast). Suzanne Ciani - who is a DON'T MISS!!!!! - is doing a performance at 8 PM Eastern time.

AES doesn't make these events very easy to "attend," and even to get detailed information even if you know what you're looking for, so I hope I'm leaving you enough clues here.

First, you need to be registered for the 2020 AES Conference. The free registration that I posted about a month ago will work for attending these programs. The freebie was supposed to be over at the end of September, and then the basic registration would cost $25. However, it appears that you can still register for free using a promo code from one of several exhibitors.

Go to just about any AES.org web page and you'll find a button to REGISTER for the show. Click it. Fill out the registration form for the Showcase, and where it says Promo Code, let's pick on Mojave Microphones this time since David Royer is such a great guy, enter AES2020Mojave and the $25 registration fee will be waived. You'll need to log in before accessing the virtual events.

To get to the Imogen Heap talk, try this link (hold your breath and paste where necessary):

https://www.eventscribe.com/2020/AESNY/index.asp?presTarget=1439351

I'm listening to this now and she's answering questions about how she puts her shows together and how she writes. This live stream will be archived and available through the end of November since by the time you're reading this you missed the live presentation.

You also need to be registered for the 2020 AES convention for the Suzanne Ciani performance, but you also need to get a virtual ticket though Eventbrite. Start with this link:

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/suzanne-ciani-livestream-performance-aes-show-2020-envelop-stream-tickets-125401046907

Yeah, it's another thing you have to register for. Fill out the form for the $20 ticket, then use:

Promo code AES2020ESF

and the fee will be waived. You'll get the link to access the performance via e-mail from Eventbrite.

Good luck, and if you persevere, you'll likely enjoy the shows.

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic